CotT: Bird vs. Spider, fight! Vulture vs. Spider-Man.

PuceMoose
PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
I felt a little bad for the web slinger in this match, as my champed 3/5/5 Vulture ended things in just a few turns. Shortly after going airborne I launched blue, then went airborne again after casting green. That was all she wrote for poor Peter - he didn't get a chance to use a single power. 

My reward was satisfying - a blue Nebula, bringing her up to 13 covers! Even though she's not that great, it's always satisfying to complete a character's covers. She's been sitting at 3/5/4 for at least six months now.

How did your carrion bird do in this fight?

Comments

• Tarelgeth
    Tarelgeth Posts: 67 Match Maker
    My Vulture was nowhere near champed, 4/3/3 170.  Results similar.  Gain black, use black, repeat, use green, continue using black,win .  Laughably easy.  It took three or four uses, but the result was never in question and I didn't take more than incidental damage.

Token got me a Sabertooth.  Win around.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,569 Chairperson of the Boards
    I haven't even tried it out yet and I already know that Vulture has won!
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Nebula isn't a great character, but a combination of true healing (even if off a repeater), special tile creation and two damage dealing powers means she's worth champing.  I've enjoyed running her in wave nodes with Cloak & Dagger plus Niko (three true healing special tile creators, with one buffer).  

I had a hard time getting black and took some early damage off of Pete's red, but then quickly accumulated more than enough black (12+) and he never saw Vulture again.

The LT gave IW Spider-Man red.  I also finished #1 in my DDQ bracket for my second "No Prize" ever from that event :)
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    When Vulture's first Crash was coming up, and we were still speculating about who he would go up against, I was really worried that it was going to be Archangel or Iron Spider. But PP Spiderman is a piece of cake for even a reasonably well-covered Vulture.
    Token was a champ level for someone, but I can't remember who. I did pull a 2099 right after that, tho, which was cool.