Your Best MPQ Moment of the day (positive thread)

Options

Comments

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    shardwick said:
    Kahmon said:
    My best mpq moment of the day was deciding to not torture myself with Carnage's pvp.

It ends a streak of over a year of at least 900 points and t50 finishes, but tinykitty Carnage. Seriously, tinykitty Carnage.
    I'm glad this was the last pvp event of the season because I have already passed the final CP and even if my season placement is affected, it would only be a loss of 1 heroic token.

I really hate Carnage.
    I like Carnage. I just hate it when everyone and their mom is also using Medusa. And naturally like 95% of the ap that Medusa generates for me is blue.
    I'm pretty sure I finished every single match with 30 blue AP.
    I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to hit 10K for the season because I fell way short in a couple of the 4* PvPs. Hit 2K in Sim with about 70 points left to go. Put up a 3 hour shield, spent way too much ISO on skips, and found a couple of decent targets. Hit those, which should have been more than enough, and ended up at 9999! Took a chance on a Grockitty/Bishop team, Sabretooth and Okoye combined to drop Bishop Turn one, and it finished fast enough that I could hit full season progression and shield again for a hopeful T250 finish.
  • MrEd95
    MrEd95 Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Pulled a daily deal token from Wolfsbane’s store, trying to get an Ares so that I can flip him for the farm, and instead pulled Wolfsbane’s black. 

Maybe I should set my sights a little higher than trying to get a 2*
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 973 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Got T20 in Strange Sights. My highest ever for a new release. Plus I got Wolfsbane's Black in both ST and her "+Friends" vault (my first and only pull, thus far). Currently a well-balanced 2/1/2.

Even better, I got T10 in Strange Sights on my son's account (transitioning to 3* Land). So he now has a balanced (1/1/1) Wolfsbane, too. For him, that's already his 2nd highest covered 4* char on roster.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Got a 13th cover for Iceman (5*) today. He'll be my 4th 5* champion once I scrounge up 570k iso lol. 
  • Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Less of a moment and more of an event.

I've had really bad luck chasing Xavier, but along the way I did get 5torm champed just in time for her last hurrah.
    Getting to use her at level 560 during The Hunt has actually been pretty fun.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    MrEd95 said:
    Pulled a daily deal token from Wolfsbane’s store, trying to get an Ares so that I can flip him for the farm, and instead pulled Wolfsbane’s black. 

Maybe I should set my sights a little higher than trying to get a 2*
    About a month or two ago I had a 2* Thor at 5/5/2 with like 20 saved covers because I absolutely could not pull a third green cover for anything. When I finally got it I felt like that N64 kid. "OMG!!!! YES! YES! YES!"

One of the heroics from placement rewards in The Hunt got me a Valkyrie along with a bonus Thanos to put him at 9 covers. If only I could get just one more before the end of bonus heroes...
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Finding out a neat little trick about Circuit Breaker.  For the Carnage/Vulture/Venom node in Infinite Pursuit, I was using Kitty/Medusa/Kraven.  Circuit breaker was working overtime with Carnage out there, and due to Kraven all of their attack tiles would eventually be reduced to 1.  With enough Purple AP, I was able to use Medusa's Hair Meddle.  It switched over all of Carnage's remaining attack tiles.  Right after the ability ended, there were no more enemy tiles on the board.  Circuit breaker went off, and smacked down Carnage to end the match.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I got 25 cp in Shield Resupply today and with it I was finally able to get Carnage rostered.
  • 111MCH111
    111MCH111 Posts: 116 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I have pulled three LT yesterday and received Carnage 5* Red and Green. Black was already from previous vault. Now using Kitty, Carnage 5* and Rocket&groot. Strongest team ever. Automatic matching nearly every round, strike and attack tiles all over the board. 50% special tiles is normal for this team in long pve node. Big 😃 
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,294 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Today I realized that as long as you have a good roster, the 3rd sub of Hearts of Darkness can be the most enjoyable one.

Now, you need to have the ability to basically one-shot the waves in "The Rider Awakens".  But that wave is a lot better than the stupid ninja attack tile spam slowing down your clears.  The trivial waves in subs 1 and 2 are particularly annoying because all the attack tile dmg scrolling across the screen slows you down while the outcome is not changed at all.  In Sub 3, the trivial can be one shot every time with 3nos and you don't need to deal with the stupid ninjas putting attack tiles down as they die.

Of course, the majority of players probably hate sub 3.  But I like it now.
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    In CL9, switched on the animations and took Ghost Rider, C&D and Domino to face the Royal Family. Make black, match black, stare everyone to death, with added Carnage from Domino's green.

Good times. 
  • TPF Alexis
    Options
    Given how many times I've complained about bad boards in PvP over in the worst moment thread, I figure I owe it to RNGsus to mention the amazing boards that gave me an incredibly smooth race to 900 in Unholy Outlaw. Only one match against Grocket that didn't have a matchable Strike at the start, and over half of them had a match-5 in a useful colour on the starting board. Just blasting through all those with Okoye/Sabretooth, and then swapping in Boosted C4rol for Thorkoye teams when Okoye was highest level.
  • TPF Alexis
    Options
    T10 in DPvMPQ! It was down in SCL7, but still, I haven't managed that in quite some time.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    T10 in DP vs. MPQ, T5 in Real Steel, and pulling a black M.O.D.O.K cover from my vault on my third pull means he'll end at 2/4/4 and already be set for S.H.I.E.L.D Training. One of my better outcomes for a new character release, which is the opposite of what I was expecting since I was traveling back home to visit family all weekend. Now I can concentrate on getting Wolfsbane to 10 covers once she hits tokens. 
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Remembering that every time 2-star Black Widow is boosted, her Espionage damage is boosted by Okoye's passive.  Having the 2-star with the lowest health tank Purple for Thorkoye is pretty darned funny.
  • TPF Alexis
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Not having any black covers for Carbage, so he's not making things actively worse for me in the current 5E.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,913 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Not having any black covers for Carbage, so he's not making things actively worse for me in the current 5E.
    I’m jealous. All I have are black covers lol.

[mumbles] Stupid Carbage... [/mumbles]
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    All I have is 2 black; I sailed through those nodes with Okoye/Chavez and road that extra match to help build up AP for shoulder check nonsense.