IceIX
IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,312 Site Admin
edited December 2019 in Character Details
"M.O.D.O.K. was
Once a
Diligent A.I.M. employee known
Only as George Tarleton. Now, he
Kneels for no one."

Note: As per usual, numbers may shift a little on final release.

4-Star Rarity (Legendary)
Affiliations: Villains
bluetilepng blacktilepng 

(Abilities listed at level 70, followed by 270)
3779 Health / 13995 Health
yellowtilepng 9 |  33 | bluetilepng 42 | purpletilepng 10 | greentilepng 8 |blacktilepng 37 |  23 |  3.5x
yellowtilepng 12 |  65 | bluetilepng 85 | purpletilepng 13 | greentilepng 11 |blacktilepng 74 |  43 |  3.5x

Doomsday Plan
 - 7 bluetilepng AP
M.O.D.O.K.'s dynamically updating algorithms keep him several steps ahead of his feeble-minded opponents. Place an 8-turn Fortified Countdown tile that deals 1110 damage.

(PASSIVE) Any time you fire a friendly power, Doomsday Plan Countdown tiles are reduced by 3 turns. Any time the enemy fires a power, Doomsday Plan Countdown tiles are increased by 1 turn. (Max level 2161 damage)
  • Level 2: Deals 1554 damage. (Max level 3025 damage)
  • Level 3: Deals 1998 damage. (Max level 3890 damage)
  • Level 4: Deals 2886 damage. (Max level 5619 damage)
  • Level 5: Deals 4662 damage. (Max level 9076 damage)
Afterburner - 6 blacktilepng AP
Collateral shmollateral. M.O.D.O.K. endangers his (wholly) expendable allies to ensure strategic advantage. Creates 4 strength 46 Red enemy Attack tiles, converts 6 basic tiles to Red, and deals 669 damage to the target. (Max level strength 90 tiles, 1304 damage)
  • Level 2: Deals 669 damage and creates 3 strength 46 enemy Attack tiles. (Max level strength 90 tiles, 1304 damage)
  • Level 3: Deals 717 damage and creates 3 strength 42 enemy Attack tiles. (Max level strength 83 tiles, 1398 damage)
  • Level 4: Deals 822 damage and creates 3 strength 37 enemy Attack tiles. (Max level strength 72 tiles, 1602 damage)
  • Level 5: Deals 889 damage and creates 2 strength 37 enemy Attack tiles. (Max level strength 72 tiles, 1733 damage)
A Hammer for Every Nail -> A Chisel for Every Stone -> A Needle for Every Stitch -> A Laser - 6  AP
A Hammer for Every Nail: M.O.D.O.K. has the perfect tool for the job! His gatling gun lays down an unending hail of bullets, creating 2 strength 56 Attack tiles. This power becomes A Chisel for Every Stone. (Max level strength 109 tiles)

A Chisel for Every Stone: M.O.D.O.K. has the perfect tool for the job! He launches 3 rockets that each deal 183 damage. This power becomes A Needle for Every Stitch. (Max level 357 damage)

A Needle for Every Stitch: M.O.D.O.K. has the perfect tool for the job! He lobs 2 grenades at the enemy, creating 2 2-turn Countdown tiles that each deal 513 damage. This power becomes A Laser. (Max level 999 damage)

A Laser: Brute force usually does the trick. M.O.D.O.K. fires his forehead laser, dealing 852 damage to the target. (Max level 1660 damage)
  • Level 2: 2 Strength 73 Attack tiles / 256 damage / 718 damage / 1193 damage.
    (Max level strength 142 tiles / 500 damage / 1399 damage / 2324 damage)
  • Level 3: 3 Strength 73 Attack tiles / 329 damage / 923 damage / 1534 damage. 
    (Max level strength 142 tiles / 643 damage / 1798 damage / 2988 damage)
  • Level 4: 3 Strength 97 Attack tiles / 476 damage / 1334 damage / 2215 damage. 
    (Max level strength 189 tiles / 928 damage / 2597 damage / 4316 damage)
  • Level 5: 3 Strength 157 Attack tiles / 769 damage / 2155 damage / 3578 damage. 
    (Max level strength 305 tiles / 1499 damage / 4196 damage / 6972 damage)

Comments

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,247 Chairperson of the Boards
    No More Expensive Abilities. 
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    So a blue that probably packs a wallop, but the trade-off is that it's a tug-of-war to activate it, that's interesting. Could be fun with several of them on the board.

A black that's like 5* Banner's, probably with a thematic "put your allies in harm's way" flavor text. 

Red is a variation on Hawkeye's quiver, I like this type of power since it lets you get more effects on a single character.

AND it's not a super common color combination.

Probably won't be game changing, but it looks like fun. If we're right about the teaser clue, I hope we get an event featuring this character as an opponent at some point. Feels like he'd go good in a Webbed Wonder sequel...
  • funkyjoey2003
    funkyjoey2003 Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
    Could it be Mister sinister?
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,904 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2019
    JHawkInc said:

Except those are Gamora's colors and she also has 3 very good active powers topped off with her synergy with Grocket.

Unless this character has some amazing synergy with another meta character/team then he/she is essentially relegated to the never used category despite having a rare color combo.

Definitely this is not a character you want to use in PvE vs those Goons who seemingly fire powers every turn if you want that Blue to ever finish.

KGB
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Is the red power similar to how 3*/5* Hawkeye's blue power works?

8-turn seems to be a long time for damage to go off, but the upside should be heavy damage? The workaround is to have 3 powers that could be fired off cheaply.

The black power looks interesting. You could start making the board bleed with the right setup. Since red power usually deals a lot of damage, It could be chained with sometime else.
  • turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 764 Critical Contributor
    Oooh another bad guy 😈
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2019
    If blue's damage is beastly enough it would be an excellent partner for 4Carol's yellow. Unless that black turns out to be amazing, that would make the character an easy 5/3/5 (since 4Carol's black is so good) with that pairing.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2019
    KGB said:
    JHawkInc said:

Except those are Gamora's colors and she also has 3 very good active powers topped off with her synergy with Grocket.

Unless this character has some amazing synergy with another meta character/team then he/she is essentially relegated to the never used category despite having a rare color combo.

Definitely this is not a character you want to use in PvE vs those Goons who seemingly fire powers every turn if you want that Blue to ever finish.

KGB
    Gamora has 2 very good active powers. Her red is just fine. 
    And while you are correct that this new villain will struggle to be relevant for those with deep 4* rosters, that is true of every new 4* that isn't straight broken like bishop or worthy.  The 4* tier is full and continuing to grow it is a waste of Demi's dev resources and a waste of our time and money.
  • liminal_lad
    liminal_lad Posts: 459 Mover and Shaker
    This character seems like they could pair well with a Kitty/Medusa team although that leaves green uncovered. Also, the Red power reminds me a lot of old school Dr. Octopus.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,518 Chairperson of the Boards
    Have to see it in-game, but looks like a dud. Torch has better CD shenanigans and if I'm giving the enemy special tiles, I'd rather do it with Sabretooth or Carnage. And the dmg numbers will probably be bad when filled in thanks to the pre-nerf trend. 
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Depending on the board, it sounds like there is a reasonable chance that some of the enemy attack tiles created by the black power will be immediately matched away when other tiles are turned red.  I guess we'll have to see it in practice to see the effects.
  • RickOShay
    RickOShay Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    edited November 2019
    Borstock said:
    Have to see it in-game, but looks like a dud. Torch has better CD shenanigans and if I'm giving the enemy special tiles, I'd rather do it with Sabretooth or Carnage. And the dmg numbers will probably be bad when filled in thanks to the pre-nerf trend. 

Um, seems like a good partner for 4orch.  Get that Wildfire spreading, then new character's cheap black fuels red for 4orch's big AoE. Cheap abilities = free strikes and repeater fortification.
    Sounds fun. 

• Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2019
    Depending on the damage numbers this char could be pretty decent. I don't like repeater powers but the cascade potential of his black and his red look good. And all powers super cheap.

PS: I hope this is not Sinister. I want Sinister to be a 5 :(
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    Does the blue do damage every increment, or when it reaches 0?

I have no ability to tell if this character is viable lol. Generally speaking, Kitty slays all CD based characters unless you can keep the spam train rolling fast enough, so I don't know what this one is going to look like in PVP.
  • RickOShay
    RickOShay Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    Does the blue do damage every increment, or when it reaches 0?

I have no ability to tell if this character is viable lol. Generally speaking, Kitty slays all CD based characters unless you can keep the spam train rolling fast enough, so I don't know what this one is going to look like in PVP.
    Sounds very much like damage only at expire, thus the incentive to fire powers to speed this up.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,904 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2019
    If the Blue is a really good Nuke (ala Carol) then Carol would make a good potential partner (run this character at 5/3/5 since you would use Carols Black) since her Yellow can proc it immediately. Plus this character makes attack tiles using their Red for her to Buff.

KGB
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    Maybe this is a good Coulson/Flaptain buddy, where passively matching team up and blue will pull it down faster?
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,518 Chairperson of the Boards
    RickOShay said:
    Borstock said:

Um, seems like a good partner for 4orch.  Get that Wildfire spreading, then new character's cheap black fuels red for 4orch's big AoE. Cheap abilities = free strikes and repeater fortification.
    Sounds fun. 

I mean... maybe for a new team of 4* characters that would work. But I'm thinking from a 5* perspective. I don't really have room for him AND Torch, so I'd be looking at either/or, and in that scenario I would favor Torch.