New Feature in R191: Mighty Tokens

IceIX
IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,308 Site Admin
edited November 2019 in MPQ General Discussion
The hits they just keep on ‘a coming from that new album R191 here at Radio KMPQ.

With R191 will also come a new token type which is sandwiched between the current Elite Tokens which give 2 & 3-stars and Legendary Tokens which give 4 & 5-stars. These new tokens specifically give out 3 & 4-star characters in the same way.

Odds:
3-star - 6/7 (~85%)
4-star - 1/7 (~15%)

Shards per pull:
3-star - 13
4-star - 3

These Tokens will be coming out soon after R191 launches and worked into various Packs and Rewards as time goes on just like Elite Tokens were.

Time to get out there and just show how mighty you are!

Comments

• y4747
    y4747 Posts: 160 Tile Toppler
    it's nice - elites are "no useless" for 1-2 transition, and now the 2-3 have the same.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    I like that name, Mighty Token.

Interested to see where they enter the game. I'd love to swap one of the Daily Resupply random ISO rewards for one of these (even if the overall odds of the Daily Resupply pulls had to be tweaked; this many years in, covers are  useful, and ISO.... is not)
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,651 Chairperson of the Boards
    The reward indicator for shards in the graphic might lead someone to think they are getting 16 3* and 4* shards for one of these tokens.
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,716 Chairperson of the Boards
    I like this.  Very nice
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    This is a plus but I am wondering how we will get these tokens.  Will they be added into PVP and PVE progression, placement, etc?  
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2019
    Awesome idea!

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/44019/try-again-button-so-draws-arent-worthless

If I do say so myself.

(I think I have that suggestion on here another dozen times, that's one of the first I could find)
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm into this. I would love it if the standards elites could just shift down to elites and Mighty Tokens in SCL so I stop getting 1* covers.

Can a Classic Token be far behind?
  • Afallen1
    Afallen1 Posts: 27 Just Dropped In
    Can these please just replace heroic? Or better yet just get rid of standard and put these above heroic. Have all one stars earned through Prologue. 
  • Loosie
    Loosie Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    Awesome! This has been needed for a while now.
  • spidyjedi84
    spidyjedi84 Posts: 514 Critical Contributor
    Afallen1 said:
    Can these please just replace heroic? Or better yet just get rid of standard and put these above heroic. Have all one stars earned through Prologue. 
    I think that should be the de facto - SCL 7 and up award Elite tokens as opposed to standard tokens and Mighty replace the Elite tokens for rewards from Alliance and placement in the overall event, scaled compared to the level you're playing at.
     It definitely rewards people playing at higher levels for taking on the additional challenges and encourages those with rosters on the cusp of possibly playing up a level to gain more resources they need to make the transition to a higher tier. This idea I can't find fault with.

• Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,698 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2019
    Brilliant news.
  • rawfsu
    rawfsu Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    YES YES YES! Definitely looking forward to the addition of these tokens! This really takes care of having to lean on chance for 3* pulls no matter what tokens you earn. It also opens up an additional chance at 4*'s outside of LT's and CP. Wish 191 was available TODAY!
  • supergarv
    supergarv Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
    Will these be T10 and upward placement rewards in CL10? /snark

Mighty news indeed. Please make them attainable, is what I meant to ask with a cherry on top.
  • MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 946 Critical Contributor
    Another new feature?  It's like Christmas came early this year.
  • IIAlonditeII
    IIAlonditeII Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    This is very good @IceIX

What will the acquisition be like?
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,288 Chairperson of the Boards
    Good addition, now just need a Classic Legends token to fill the real last token void!