Your latest fun team combination

Comments

• Neuromancer
    Neuromancer Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    I've been enjoying boosted Valkyrie & Ronin in PvP paired with the featured characters (C&D/Eddie Brock). Ronin wants to match red for fist spam, then Valk uses the stockpiled red for her flurry. Lots of spill-over damage options to finish off low hitpoint enemies. These two constants have colors that jive, and nearly rainbow.

I mostly used the required characters for tanking, which also can trigger Valkyrie's yellow. C&D was better at this than Eddie due to self-healing, but Eddie still has a mess of hitpoints.

• helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    I was struggling a bit at first with my climb to 900 in the Right as Rahne PvP. I was going with The Hood + America Chavez and doing fine, but kept getting retals that were knocking me back down. So I decided to invest some ISO in champing my baby Sabretooth, respeced him to 5/3/5, coupled him with my already-champed Domino at 5/3/5 (always going to use Sabre's Red over hers) and went Gritty hunting! Didn't lose a single match and haven't gotten a single retal yet, though I did seem to have to use a healthpack on Domino at least every other match. The combination of Sabre's board destruction plus the extra black tiles that would fall thanks to Domino often led to cascades that kept my turn going and allowed me to fire Sabre's black repeatedly, filling up the board again with more strikes to match away. Fun team.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    Domino/Sabretooth didn't even occur to me, I ran up to 900 using Okoye with my 12 cover lvl 250 Sabretooth with like 0 trouble. It was very refreshing coming out of that nightmare Carnage pvp.
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    edited November 2019
    @ThaRoadWarrior in looking at your roster, I’m guessing the Carnage PvP was brutal for you because you have a few high level 5*s but are missing a few champs that made it easy for me: Carnage at 3/5/5, Medusa at 5/3/5, and the most controversial of MPQ ingredients since the invention of mono sodium glutamate: champed Bishop (at 3/3/5)! Basically chase and deny Green, and between the stun lock Bishop creates (always locking the enemy Medusa first which against a champed Carnage happens by your 2nd or 3rd turn), the heal and steal plus AP gen from Medusa, and Carnage’s passive damage plus the occasional Green nuke, it was a walk in the park.

EDIT: Sorry @HoundofShadow , I did have the wrong person! The dangers of posting right before bed.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think you got the wrong person, helix72?

For a fun team, I will concentrate on 3* Captain Marvel. She receives a lot of bad reps due to her high damage requirement to trigger her passive ap gains. With the existence of Gritty and R4G with Juggy teams, I think she will fit well in this meta for transitioning 4* players.

Her passive power allows you to gain 5 red aps and 3 black aps at 5 covers. A couple cascades or Juggy's hitting twice will speed up the process. She has also relatively high HP. I used Nova with her if he is not tanking over her. In a team against Gritty + Bishop or any GotG and Medusa team, I will let 3*CM take damage until she has 18 red aps/9 black aps, send Bishop and Kitty flying up the sky or stunning them. A good third will be Domino to let more black tiles fall so that 3*CM can continue to stun more opponents. IM40 might work to fuel more red aps so that Nova can send everyone up the sky, while you are capitalising on uninterrupted moves.

• JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    I had no idea if this would work, but it actually seems way more effective than it does on paper: Magik + Shuri + Emma Frost.  The goal is to get Magik to Limbo ASAP to start generating red.  Then start spamming Shuri red to fortify tiles and gain power cost reduction.  Then you can actually start using Emma's pricey powers, particularly Diamond Skin with a board hopefully already full of fortified strikes.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    edited November 2019
    I took Dazzler and 4ocket up against a champion Hawkeye/Worthy Cap in BFFs earlier. Dazzler only tanks black and red due to the relative levels I have on those characters, but I was still able to win. Dazzler removes ALL enemy specials if you have enough of your own on the board, so what would happen is WCap would jump in front and spam out those CDs, then Dazzler would stun him and remove them all. Boosted Hawkeye was able to trigger Dazzler off of match damage on his colors, so he kept stunning himself. It wasn't super quick, and I won with just Dazzler left with <1,000 hp, but I still won lol. The best case scenario was that Rocket would get stunned, so Dazzler then tanked everything, and she was just stunning left and right.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    I don't know it's my "favorite" fun team combo, but in this 3* Carol pvp I'm using my Okoye/Rescue in it. If you can get Carol to eat some damage, then you'll have loads of red for Rescue to use for blasting. I don't have Rescue leveled as high as she can go (5/2/6 lvl 378), and my Okoye is 6/5/1 lvl 420, so it's hard to truly know if this is a "good" team or not lol. But it's fun when it works. With enough blue it even sort of helps on Kitty based teams, since by the time you've collected it the strikes you steal are pretty beefy. But you've also eaten a lot of damage by then, so...
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    edited November 2019
    I've been sinking iso into 5* Iceman all weekend, I have him at 382 now. My 2/5/3 Hawekeye is lvl 352, and I have a 0/4/4 WCap at level 162. I took that into the Simulator for funsies, and man, that team is comedy gold.

I'm not winning heavily yet, in fact it's mostly been total party kills, but I have a suspicion if even one of them were champed things would be much different. My current plan is to try and come up with enough points I start getting hit by people, and then see if it can win defensive matches. It's just CD Apocalypse, and you earn so much blue that Iceman doesn't even eat it all fast enough for Hawkeye not to burn it. 
  • talleman
    talleman Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker
    My new favourite Gritty counter in pvp Simulator is BSSM, 5torm and HalfThor.

Spidey reduces strike tiles to 0 and stuns with blue, Thor keep generating AP each turn and got a nice green aoe and a decent red. Storm brings charge tiles to the board both passive black and desired colour with her yellow.

Try it out. Just make sure that the enemy doesn't collect to many blue AP as Grockets repeater tile can escalate if Kitty is still alive.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,242 Chairperson of the Boards
    talleman said:

Spidey reduces strike tiles to 0 and stuns with blue, Thor keep generating AP each turn and got a nice green aoe and a decent red. Storm brings charge tiles to the board both passive black and desired colour with her yellow.

Try it out. Just make sure that the enemy doesn't collect to many blue AP as Grockets repeater tile can escalate if Kitty is still alive.
    So who do you let Bishop stun first?  And are you using boosts to use BSSM's stun or something?
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    OJSP said:
    bluewolf said:
    So who do you let Bishop stun first?  And are you using boosts to use BSSM's stun or something?
    :lol: I think they didn't specify Bishop as the 3rd.
    I think that was supposed to be "Who do you leave out front for the enemy Bishop to stun first?" ;)
  • talleman
    talleman Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker
    bluewolf said:
    talleman said:

This is a Gritty counter. Not Gritshop. If im going against Gritshop i bring Bishop/Surfer/BSSM and try to match so that Surfer is in front. Then stun enemy Bishop with my own Bishop.
  • Kingart813
    Kingart813 Posts: 46 Just Dropped In
    Man, I'm loving shield sim.  I champed black cat so running:  5 cap marvel 5/3/5, Bishop 5/5/3, Black cat 5/3/5

Basically stun lock galore, and and occasionally send Bishop airborne for health regen.
  • MrEd95
    MrEd95 Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    I know its not new, but i have just got Worthy Cap strong enough to try him out in as the 3rd in a coul/hawk team, and it is fantastic! The only problem i have found, is that it is quite slow, as you spend SO long waiting for countdowns to resolve. Massive fun though
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,651 Chairperson of the Boards
    MrEd95 said:
    I know its not new, but i have just got Worthy Cap strong enough to try him out in as the 3rd in a coul/hawk team, and it is fantastic! The only problem i have found, is that it is quite slow, as you spend SO long waiting for countdowns to resolve. Massive fun though
    Vs this team I love running Kitty, 4* Gamora, Bishop. Just do not match a kitty color on turn one. If you get blue for your first match it's easy sailing. Slap gamoras stun on worthy asap. Wait for the 2nd stunned opponent to wake up and stun someone again with gamora. Now all 3 are stunned and kitty is boosting specials. It's so easy.

I have found peggy replacing coulson throws a wrench in it a bit by making gamora more expensive but it's still winnable.
  • Kixty
    Kixty Posts: 20 Just Dropped In
    tiomono said:
    MrEd95 said:
    Vs this team I love running Kitty, 4* Gamora, Bishop. Just do not match a kitty color on turn one. If you get blue for your first match it's easy sailing. Slap gamoras stun on worthy asap. Wait for the 2nd stunned opponent to wake up and stun someone again with gamora. Now all 3 are stunned and kitty is boosting specials. It's so easy.

I have found peggy replacing coulson throws a wrench in it a bit by making gamora more expensive but it's still winnable.
    I like Miles, IW Spidey,  and 2099 against the Hawkeye, worthy cap teams.  Two stuns, two nukes, and invisibility.  You chip away at whomever until you can stun cap or one-shot him.  
  • Kixty
    Kixty Posts: 20 Just Dropped In
    For those with usuable Rescue,  try her with bishop against gritty teams.  5 blue for rescue is a must.  Match away half the strike tiles and steal the other half.  Bring the third of your choice  to compliment Bishop and Rescue.  I've used this team a few times in pick two pvp.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,894 Chairperson of the Boards
    I’ve found that Doctor Strange is indeed the cure for HawkCap for those that have him. Bishop/Strange will easily take them out (while leaving out an annoying defensive team), but Bishop isn’t really needed.

It’s when they have a good third to pair with (Sim) that the duo becomes a problem (unlike Bishop who is a problem pretty much everywhere). 
  • Falconfreak
    Falconfreak Posts: 118 Tile Toppler
    Question for the group: I'm loving 4* Black Panther and Shuri together. Other than 4* Juggy who else makes a good 3rd partner?