Carnage is in... wait, what?

GrimSkald
GrimSkald Posts: 2,487 Chairperson of the Boards
I did my morning "opening tokens from the last night" thing, and when I scrolled past the "Latest Legends" store I saw Carnage's pretty ugly mug laughing at me.  I'm guessing it happened at the Data Push this morning, which happened about a half hour ago.
That's strange - usually the new 5* is in two weeks after the store closes, which would be Monday at the data push.  Pretty normal.
I don't really care one way or the other, but this is definitely different form how they did Prof X, and it kind of doesn't really make any sense either way ... unless it's two weeks from when the Heroic store with the 5* closed?  That closed late, right?  On Thursday, instead of Monday...

Comments

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,238 Chairperson of the Boards
    Not to mention: 

No Wolfsbane yet, which means (probably) we wait 28 days for her in tokens.

And the Support pool didn't rotate, either.

And yes, the Carnage HP store closed on 10/31, a Thursday, so this is two weeks since that happened.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,572 Chairperson of the Boards
    Maybe they put him in early to keep the Monday clear for stuff to do with Shards and this is a one-off?
  • spidyjedi84
    spidyjedi84 Posts: 514 Critical Contributor
    Oh, dang it. So I wasted two pulls in Latests trying to nab a few more covers for Storm and risked drawing Carnage. Granted, I need one for PVE purposes, but still. That would have been a 5-star draw I wasn't expecting. Guess I need to switch back over to classics to draw with CP.

• pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    bluewolf said:
    Not to mention: 

And yes, the Carnage HP store closed on 10/31, a Thursday, so this is two weeks since that happened.
    Usually new 4s go in the day before a new season.  That would be tomorrow, then, I believe, if she's to head into tokens.
  • GrimSkald
    pheregas said:
    bluewolf said:
    Not to mention: 

Usually new 4s go in the day before a new season.  That would be tomorrow, then, I believe, if she's to head into tokens.
    Actually the new season starts tonight, so she she should be in tokens around 8ish EST.  LTs need the data push to update, but the other token stores don't.
  • bluewolf
    GrimSkald said:
    pheregas said:
    bluewolf said:
    Not to mention: 

Actually the new season starts tonight, so she she should be in tokens around 8ish EST.  LTs need the data push to update, but the other token stores don't.
    4s enter tokens with a morning data push as well. They always enter in the morning of the day a season starts, so prior to the actual season being active (which begins about 11 hours later on average).
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    GrimSkald said:
    pheregas said:
    bluewolf said:
    Not to mention: 

I stand corrected!  No Wolfsbane for you!
  • bluewolf
    pheregas said:
    GrimSkald said:
    pheregas said:
    bluewolf said:
    Not to mention: 

I mean no, incorrect.  She should be in tokens right now if she was going to enter with this season.

The devs have mostly followed a rule that a 4 enters tokens in the season which follows their PVP concluding, as long as the PVP finished inside of a season.  There have been multiple 4's that sat out for a while because their PVP finished in the off-season, like Wolfsbane just did.

So the seemingly most likely scenario right now is that she will enter tokens in 28 days when the next season starts.  Also look at the Shield Simulator cover....you would normally expect the newest 4 in there but if she's not eligible it'll be an older one, possibly Worthy.
  • St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 587 Critical Contributor
    edited November 2019
    Yeah we just had 2099 in Shield Sim. I think Wolfsbane should have gone in this season.

Note that there will be another 4 entering tokens next season as well and they will be the one in Shield Sim. So Rayne misses out.
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,651 Chairperson of the Boards
    Her "and friends" store is still open for over 24 hours still if that makes a difference.
  • GrimSkald
    bluewolf said:
    pheregas said:
    GrimSkald said:
    pheregas said:
    bluewolf said:
    Not to mention: 

I mean no, incorrect.  She should be in tokens right now if she was going to enter with this season.

The devs have mostly followed a rule that a 4 enters tokens in the season which follows their PVP concluding, as long as the PVP finished inside of a season.  There have been multiple 4's that sat out for a while because their PVP finished in the off-season, like Wolfsbane just did.

So the seemingly most likely scenario right now is that she will enter tokens in 28 days when the next season starts.  Also look at the Shield Simulator cover....you would normally expect the newest 4 in there but if she's not eligible it'll be an older one, possibly Worthy.
    Huh.  You know, I'm not sure - I'll take your word for it.  We'll see this evening, regardless.  Now that I think of it, characters whose "Intro PVE" ended the Monday before the Season started almost never make it into tokens for that season.
    We'll see this evening, regardless.  Probably be Cap in the SIM, then?  Maybe her in the SIM anyway?  This is a weird situation, since 2099 was in last time...
  • spidyjedi84
    Well, that's going to make getting covers for her before she's a required for S.H.I.E.L.D. Training another headache, too. 
  • bluewolf
    Since we know a 4 is coming next week, 11/21, it seems almost certain that a 5 will follow 2 weeks (ish) later.  So I guess people who need her covers can hoard for the season and pull for her once she enters, as she won't be needed for about 5 weeks or so in ST.
  • GrimSkald
    bluewolf said:
    Since we know a 4 is coming next week, 11/21, it seems almost certain that a 5 will follow 2 weeks (ish) later.  So I guess people who need her covers can hoard for the season and pull for her once she enters, as she won't be needed for about 5 weeks or so in ST.
    This.  If you're really afraid of getting the 10 covers needed for her Shield Training before she's required, start hoarding in 2-3 weeks.  She's not going to be required until a week or two after she's in tokens, so long as you have a decent number of LTs saved up you should be able to get enough "shards" to cover her enough for the training.
    You can't control when characters enter the tokens.  You can control when you use your tokens.  We'll probably have a decent amount of time regardless.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    bluewolf said:
    Not to mention: 

The issue is with Professor X they entered him into packs 2 weeks after his CP store closed not his HP store is there is a lack of consistency and communication.  If they want to add the 5* 2 weeks from the HP vault I am good with that just let me know how it is going to work so I can decide when and how I will spend my CP.

there is someone out there thinking they have until Monday to cover 5* storm and will see her now gone and get upset because of poor communication from the devs.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Well, that's going to make getting covers for her before she's a required for S.H.I.E.L.D. Training another headache, too. 

Was thinking the same.  I have eight covers for Wolfsbane and was counting on getting the ninth from Shield Sim and then targeting her for the tenth. But now I have to focus on her plus the next 4* release once they go into tokens so I'm hoping that she gets featured in another event this upcoming season or is awarded in a potential boss event.
  • spidyjedi84
    shardwick said:

Was thinking the same.  I have eight covers for Wolfsbane and was counting on getting the ninth from Shield Sim and then targeting her for the tenth. But now I have to focus on her plus the next 4* release once they go into tokens so I'm hoping that she gets featured in another event this upcoming season or is awarded in a potential boss event.
    I'm sitting on 5, with hopes of drawing an additional from her Wolfsbane and Friends Store with my three remaining pulls in that vault. If I don't, I don't. Just means I have to nab five covers before that with this new stupid shard system they're rolling out and that's going to mess with my goal of champing Spider-Man 2099, as he's only two covers away from having 13... I'll switch BH on Monday when the new update changes, no sooner than that and hope I get a lucky 4-star pull streak between now and then. Of course, the RNG in the game gave me a random Talos off a Heroic yesterday, bringing him to 10 covers...