Compulsory PWs in events

Kinesia
Kinesia Posts: 1,621 Chairperson of the Boards
With Compulsory PWs in events I feel like it's the perfect time to let people have a "trial run" of something and encourage them to buy it.
A lot of people in my coalition loved the idea of the Halloween event but couldn't fully participate because they lacked Kaya or Arlinn.
Having 2 that had never been compulsory before at once was especially harsh.

(Otherwise it was a great event, full of flavour and the perfect way to preview a new set too! Brilliant.)

I suggest that when people don't have the needed plainswalkers that they be allowed to "borrow" a low level one, say level 20 or 30 just for that event and only have a single event deck to play with.
This lets people join in but it _also_ advertises those PWs and lets people try them and (since you are now making them available at the time) might encourage some people to buy them straightaway. (Putting a 10% discount on those walkers would push even more people towards grabbing them right then.)

Comments

• Kinesia
    Oh, and add a 10% discount for buying gold that just "happens" to be on at the same time might also result in sales.
  • naabaldan
    naabaldan Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker
    I like your idea even though i own all pws. Good one.
  • Kinesia
    naabaldan said:
    I like your idea even though i own all pws. Good one.

I own most of them (including all the required ones and these 2) but it's annoying watching people in my coalition be cut out of part of an event. (Even though it doesn't directly affect me)
    But I also keep trying to think of things that players will like and feel included by but might also help the company make money, because those things might have a better chance of getting done!