Afflict no longer triggers from Bezerker damage, only from creatures with Defender/Vigilance/Reach

Mburn7
Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
Just cost me an objective in FiRF.

Afflict was given using Samut's second ability.
My creatures did no extra damage when attacking into opposing creatures, unless those creatures had a defender ability.

@Tombstone @Oktagon_Support what gives?  This ability has been working fine for years now with no issue.  What could have broken it now?

Comments

• Tombstone
    Tombstone ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 1,208 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thanks for the info.  We will ask the team to look into this issue.
  • Mburn7
    Still not working, just FYI
  • Tombstone
    Thanks for the follow up. I don't have an ETA on the fix for this just yet, but I have passed it along. 
  • Mburn7
    Still not working.  Just cost me an objective in NoP.
  • Tombstone
    @Mburn7 I've gotten confirmation that this is as intended as Afflict should not trigger if the attacking creature is not being actively blocked by a defending creature. 
  • Mburn7
    Tombstone said:
    @Mburn7 I've gotten confirmation that this is as intended as Afflict should not trigger if the attacking creature is not being actively blocked by a defending creature. 

Since when?  Afflict was a Hibernium mechanic, and it was never indicated to be working improperly.

Furthermore, if it was not supposed to trigger on Berzerker damage, why would Samut's ability be programmed that way?  It's pretty clear that the two abilities are supposed to work together.

I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to call **** on this one.  Please have the dev who told you this is intentional Message me to explain their reasoning
  • Mburn7
    You know what, the more I think of this the more angry I get.

It started small with Ambuscade being changed, but that was legacy and not a big deal so nobody really cared.
    Then it moved up to Mind Control effects and we complained a little, but there aren't many of those and we let up.
    Then it was Angrath, who was nerfed hard and we complained a lot, but he's still solid and eventually we stopped.
    But now you come after my Samut.  And you make her (and the entire afflict mechanic) almost completely useless now.
    So I'm going to say this nice and loud so everyone is on the same page:
    STOP MAKING MAJOR CHANGES TO MECHANICS WITHOUT TELLING ANYONE WHY AND THEN CLAIMING IT IS JUST A "BUG FIX" WITHOUT LISTING IT AS A BUG FIX EITHER

@Brigby @Oktagon_Support @Tombstone @LakeStone I'm going to start pinging you guys every day until I get an honest explanation of this.  I know half of you have no say in these decisions.  I know it is holiday season.  I no longer care.  This is horrible and completely unwarranted and I demand answers.
  • jtwood
    jtwood Posts: 1,285 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm gonna agree with the communication issue here. It is a constant problem with this game about undocumented changes. Maybe this needed to be done. Maybe not. Either way, at least tell us.
  • Magic:PQ Support Team
    Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,259 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hello guys,

We have verified this issue and its cause, and it will be fixed on the next release. 
    We apologize for this inconvenience.
  • Mburn7
    edited December 2019
    Hello guys,

We have verified this issue and its cause, and it will be fixed on the next release. 
    We apologize for this inconvenience.
    Hmm, so you're saying it is a bug now?  Very odd.....
    I won't complain, since this is the correct thing to do after all.  I just don't like how it took basically a temper tantrum for us to even get an acknowledgement that a change was made in the first place, let alone any action on it.

Thank you for the update though @Oktagon_Support (also, is that a new logo?  Looks good)