Bouncing Rank Numbers

Has anyone noticed how their ranks seem to bounce?  For instance, when I first started paying good money to get hero coins to shield myself, my rank, after 8 hours, stayed the same.  Now, all of a sudden, it’s bouncing wildly.  I played Tongue Lashing last night, 8 hours ago, and it was rank 5.  Now, hours later, it showed I was at rank 13 and then quickly jumped to 11.  I wrote to complain and as soon as I went back, it jumped to 13 again.  I was shielded the entire time.  I don’t want to hear bull about their servers taking time to adjust.  This never happened before.  I’ve spent a lot of money so far.  If I’m going to be played, I’m putting my money elsewhere.  This is ridiculous.  Surely someone else has noticed this.

Comments

• Dancing_Lass
    Dancing_Lass Posts: 14 Just Dropped In
    Looks like an idea to immediately join an event, be the 1st to clear seeds and # as T1, that would secure my T1 event rewards.

Good idea OP....
  • The_Boi_of_Steel
    The_Boi_of_Steel Posts: 38 Just Dropped In
    When you put it that way, OJSP, it starts to make sense.  It would be nice if that was said to us when they tell us about protecting points.  One would think their rank would stay the same.  I didn’t think it that way before.  Thanks.  🙂
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    When you put it that way, OJSP, it starts to make sense.  It would be nice if that was said to us when they tell us about protecting points.  One would think their rank would stay the same.  I didn’t think it that way before.  Thanks.  🙂
    The list of important things in MPQ that they don't tell us about could fill an encyclopedia. I didn't even know you could keep clearing nodes past green checking until I came on the forum here.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards
    The list of important things in MPQ that they don't tell us about could fill an encyclopedia. I didn't even know you could keep clearing nodes past green checking until I came on the forum here.
    Lol. I remember having to explain that to an alliance member. Many years ago.

That and regenerating health packs are always a mystery!  I remember a lot of people not using health packs cause they didn’t know they regenerate over time
  • spidyjedi84
    spidyjedi84 Posts: 514 Critical Contributor
    Phumade said:

That and regenerating health packs are always a mystery!  I remember a lot of people not using health packs cause they didn’t know they regenerate over time
    Shoot, I build entire playthroughs  on how quickly my healthpacks may regenerate. This morning the 5-star Prof X node in the Book of Vishanti forced me to burn through 8 healthpacks as I got wiped out with two different teams... Finally realized Sabretooth, though boosted, wasn't mitigating enough damage, and it'd be smarter to go Web Warriors route instead. Got me the fourth clear and a new team to tackle the last two clears with this evening to hopefully eke out a top 50 finish.  Also has meant I'm not able to climb in the Rahne PVP, though, as my boosteds were all knocked out with no health packs.
    I struggle with how quickly certain characters regenerate health compared to others without health packs.
  • spatenfloot
    spatenfloot Posts: 660 Critical Contributor
    Phumade said:

Mine don't regenerate.  I have over 400 of them. 
  • Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,113 Chairperson of the Boards
    Phumade said:

Mine don't regenerate.  I have over 400 of them. 
    Despite trying to use them, I'm back up to 1170 after quitting PvP.
  • Scofie
    Back on topic though:

The Hunt: cleared all the nodes in Alaska and was 4th. Cleared all the subs in the main Hunt and was 5th. Figured that's because the person in 4th had cleared those before completing Alaska. Checked and was correct. Same number of pints (4 clears).

Checked this morning and am 12th in Alaska. Usual thing of people doing more clears but the person in 11th is now the person who was below me last night, but above me on the main Hunt. No additional points....
  • Scofie
    OJSP said:
    Scofie said:
    Back on topic though:

The Hunt: cleared all the nodes in Alaska and was 4th. Cleared all the subs in the main Hunt and was 5th. Figured that's because the person in 4th had cleared those before completing Alaska. Checked and was correct. Same number of pints (4 clears).

Checked this morning and am 12th in Alaska. Usual thing of people doing more clears but the person in 11th is now the person who was below me last night, but above me on the main Hunt. No additional points....
    It's possible if both of you finished the last match with a very small time difference. Whoever syncs their device to the server would rank higher. I'm guessing your device initially synced before theirs, but from the timestamp on their device they were actually faster and the server corrects the leaderboard.

Also, it's more likely that they finished the nodes on the main map faster than you after clearing Alaska. Completing the main map first before the sub will cost some points.
    I get the server point and I'm not a technical expert but if they'd cleared the main map after Alaska, the time sync would have been the other way around (I.e. it'd correct Alaska first and main map 2nd)?

Any cost in points for clearing the main then Alaska won't be evident until clears 5 and 6 but since I can't clear optimally tonight, I guess I'll never know....