Advice on Spending my hoard :(

Akroma
Akroma Posts: 77 Match Maker
Hi guys, first of all thank you for your advice :)

This is my situation. I have:
- 450 thor5*
-456 black bolt
-435 5/2/5 dr strange.

I also have 35 champed 4*, around 30 4* 13 covered non champed, and 2 million iso.

I have 249 LT and 4288 cp (171 pulls) for a total of 420 pulls.

I play mostly pve, but once i have another 5* i might play more pvp. I am also in a pseudo burn out stage.

The main problem is i end up using strange as a tank for thor (i know how it sounds haha) as black bolt can tank only black.

Aparently prof x is good. also, iceman tanks all color except for red for thor5*. so i was considering opening a this moment. specially as carnage is not good (or so its seems) one note: carnage tanks all but yellow for thor5*

the problem is, with the "targeted" feature coming soon, idk if its the correct time to use the hoard.
I would love to open a special vault with thanos or kitty or okoye etc, but with 171 pulls via cp, its not probable, considering i have from 4 to 1 covers on those heroes.

aparently storm can be a partner for black bolt, but idk as lot of people say she is better with gambit which i dont have.

in theory: thor green can remove non blue tiles, so it increases the chance of matching blue with his tank iceman for stuns.
thor green can make possible some 4 of a kind, for prof x passives.
prof x purple seems good :)

so basically my questions are:

1) is prof x worth opening my hoard? considering i would get iceman who can tank for thor5*.
2) what is better, to champ storm instead of carnage, but without using the targeted feature, or wait until targeted comes out to open, and that means, no to storm and yes to carnage?
3) should i wait till carnage rotates out (losing profx)? avoid carnage like the plague?

thanks for your advice guys :)

Comments

• Akroma
     :'(                          
  • Akroma
    yeah i know :) they were good advices. i posted both i think about at the same time. its just, for me its 935 days of playing before reaching this point and i am kind of nervous :( 

• fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,909 Chairperson of the Boards
    **Mod note: Moved to the Roster and Level Help forum.

And to answer your questions:

1.) Depends on how competitive you play PvE. If you are looking to break into t10, probably not the best group to go in with. If you are looking for fun team combos, then I can see Prof X and Iceman being helpful in making your PvE experience more enjoyable. But honestly, they aren't the fastest team out there.

2.) Not really possible to answer since there are no details about how the new targeting system will work. Of the two, Storm looks like she will work better with your other available 5*s. A big issue with Carnage, especially in PvE is that his special tiles will slow matches down.

3.) If you want to be a competitive PvE player, then yes, your best bet is to continue hoarding. However, if you are feeling burnt out, you need to ask yourself why. Once you figure that out you should have your answer on whether it's worth continuing hoarding or opening now and get a fun but not meta set of characters.

I personally am skipping but I don't mind hoarding.

Good luck!

• Akroma

1.) Depends on how competitive you play PvE. If you are looking to break into t10, probably not the best group to go in with. If you are looking for fun team combos, then I can see Prof X and Iceman being helpful in making your PvE experience more enjoyable. But honestly, they aren't the fastest team out there.

2.) Not really possible to answer since there are no details about how the new targeting system will work. Of the two, Storm looks like she will work better with your other available 5*s. A big issue with Carnage, especially in PvE is that his special tiles will slow matches down.

3.) If you want to be a competitive PvE player, then yes, your best bet is to continue hoarding. However, if you are feeling burnt out, you need to ask yourself why. Once you figure that out you should have your answer on whether it's worth continuing hoarding or opening now and get a fun but not meta set of characters.

Good luck!

thanks for pointing me in the right direction :) now i know its on roster and level help forum i should post :)

yes i know to be top 10 ill need thanos, which has only 1 cover :( 

the problem is, i have to use dr strange to tank for blue and purple, because black bolt only tanks for black. so i end using someone who has no hp like strange to tank, while still getting damage on thor because the other colors are tanked by thor :( so its like heal, then go to a node to get him to half hp, etc etc.

and in pvp is kind of worse due to the same situation. 

i think thats why i am playing less. the thing is, i know thanos can cut the time spent by a lot, but i have only 170 ish pulls from cp (in case he is on a special store vault) so it will be like 10 months for me to get enough cp haha. as i got thor and bb by spending cp months ago, so i got lots of lt but not so much cp :(

thanks again for the info
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,902 Chairperson of the Boards
    Akroma said:

thanks for pointing me in the right direction :) now i know its on roster and level help forum i should post :)

You can finish T10 in PvE in CL7 with just a 4* roster that uses Juggs/Gamora/Grocket. I know because I'm using that combo to finish T10. There are others also finishing T10 with essentially the same 4* roster I am fielding.

Obviously if you are set on playing competitively in CL9 then you'll need a 5* roster.

KGB
  • Akroma
    KGB said:
    Akroma said:

You can finish T10 in PvE in CL7 with just a 4* roster that uses Juggs/Gamora/Grocket. I know because I'm using that combo to finish T10. There are others also finishing T10 with essentially the same 4* roster I am fielding.

Obviously if you are set on playing competitively in CL9 then you'll need a 5* roster.

KGB
    thanks for the info :D do u think a non thanos can be somewhat competitive at scl9? and i think top 20 prizes on cl9 are better than top10 on cl7?

my juggs is only at 4 covers :( but i suspect that while opening for the latest 5* i will get him champed.

also mr kgb, whats ur vote on opening vs continue hoarding until carnage leaves? knowing that burning out might be a factor, i use strange as a tank for thor (lol), etc.
  • KGB
    What's the cause of your burnout (bored, PvE taking too long, not enough rewards, not enough challenge, etc)? Without knowing that it's hard to give you my opinion.

Incidentally, I have roughly the same number of pulls (2500 CP + 280 LT's) as you do. I also have 4 fully covered 5* (Daredevil, Bolt, Strange, Ice) but unlike you, mine are all set to my 4* roster level (300ish) so my PvP experience isn't a problem. They will remain there until I get Kitty/Okoye fully covered (@9&11 covers).

I'm doing nothing more than opening enough LT's to get 1 Carnage for PvE until such time as I see how Targeted Heroes works. I want ProfX but the fact I already have Ice covered means I am in no rush to open many tokens until he also leaves.

KGB
  • Akroma
    edited November 2019
    KGB said:
    What's the cause of your burnout (bored, PvE taking too long, not enough rewards, not enough challenge, etc)? Without knowing that it's hard to give you my opinion.

Incidentally, I have roughly the same number of pulls (2500 CP + 280 LT's) as you do. I also have 4 fully covered 5* (Daredevil, Bolt, Strange, Ice) but unlike you, mine are all set to my 4* roster level (300ish) so my PvP experience isn't a problem. They will remain there until I get Kitty/Okoye fully covered (@9&11 covers).

I'm doing nothing more than opening enough LT's to get 1 Carnage for PvE until such time as I see how Targeted Heroes works. I want ProfX but the fact I already have Ice covered means I am in no rush to open many tokens until he also leaves.

KGB
    tyvm for ur answer. i think its a combination of boring with pve taking too long. i find myself lately playing scl9 only if i have the 5* (i still have some missing 5*s) and playing only 5* and 4* essentials, to get cp, plus ddq. 

i stopped playing pvp for a while, now i reentered, but not to get top10, just more cp and hp :D but in there the problem is no tank for thor. also in pve, happens something similar. maybe having too few 5* makes the game boring?
    before that it was all groot - dusa - gamora, which is more or less the same :(

edit: btw, how fast would you say u do scl7 with jugger? in minutes :D thanks D
  • KGB
    edited November 2019
    Akroma said:

My Grocket and Gamora are both L297 and my Juggs is 280. I have a L150 Ebony Maw on Juggs so he tanks Black too (so all colors but Yellow).

I do my initial 4 clears in 20-22 minutes depending on the PvE (those annoying Mindless ones take longer because of the slow tile placement for example). Final 3 clears in slightly less time. Incidentally, I find I clear faster if I never fire any powers at all unless I somehow luck into Gamora Red on a long wave node. I just make the first non-yellow match I see that doesn't remove my strikes.

This is good enough in S5, CL7 slacker bracket (slacker means 3rd or 4th flip).

KGB
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,894 Chairperson of the Boards
    If I was in your position I would open right before Carbage rotates in. Maybe before the tumbleweeds pass, the developers will give more info into how this targeting system will work and they’ll say something that changes everything. But with no other information to go on, I would open. You are already in 5* land with one of the best characters (if not THE best) in the game in Thor. So opening won’t change your MMR. If your 5s weren’t leveled I might say “wait”, but you’re already there. You’ll still be facing the same teams, you’ll just have more tools to face them with. 

All three of the current Latests are legit “fun” characters so there’s that. Bobby will tank for Thor, but I wouldn’t sleep on a Professor/Thor duo either. That was my team of choice in Venom’s PvP for some odd reason. I just chased all Professor’s colors, even if two were useless, and let Thor passively collect his (though I mostly used the green/yellow on Brock). Having zero overlap means you can probably keep Thor in back even easier. 

I really believe that Storm is a significant enough upgrade over Carnage 1) as a stand-alone character 2) as fun to play character and 3) as a partner for your other characters, to warrant opening for her, bypassing Carnage and losing any potential bonuses you’d have gotten hoarding for this new targeting system. 

I don’t think these three are meta (Prof is closest), and so they likely won’t bump you into a new stratosphere of rewards. But there’s something to be said for variety in this game, and even if not meta, this is the best group of three we’ve had in a long time. Obviously Carnage will contaminate that pool. But Storm/Ice/X are a solid 3. 
  • Akroma
    KGB said:
    Akroma said:

My Grocket and Gamora are both L297 and my Juggs is 280. I have a L150 Ebony Maw on Juggs so he tanks Black too (so all colors but Yellow).

I do my initial 4 clears in 20-22 minutes depending on the PvE (those annoying Mindless ones take longer because of the slow tile placement for example). Final 3 clears in slightly less time. Incidentally, I find I clear faster if I never fire any powers at all unless I somehow luck into Gamora Red on a long wave node. I just make the first non-yellow match I see that doesn't remove my strikes.

This is good enough in S5, CL7 slacker bracket (slacker means 3rd or 4th flip).

KGB
    tyvm for the info. 20 min for 4x its nicely fast :D that might be the thing i need to reignite my pve fun :D
  • Akroma
    If I was in your position I would open right before Carbage rotates in. Maybe before the tumbleweeds pass, the developers will give more info into how this targeting system will work and they’ll say something that changes everything. But with no other information to go on, I would open. You are already in 5* land with one of the best characters (if not THE best) in the game in Thor. So opening won’t change your MMR. If your 5s weren’t leveled I might say “wait”, but you’re already there. You’ll still be facing the same teams, you’ll just have more tools to face them with. 

All three of the current Latests are legit “fun” characters so there’s that. Bobby will tank for Thor, but I wouldn’t sleep on a Professor/Thor duo either. That was my team of choice in Venom’s PvP for some odd reason. I just chased all Professor’s colors, even if two were useless, and let Thor passively collect his (though I mostly used the green/yellow on Brock). Having zero overlap means you can probably keep Thor in back even easier. 

I really believe that Storm is a significant enough upgrade over Carnage 1) as a stand-alone character 2) as fun to play character and 3) as a partner for your other characters, to warrant opening for her, bypassing Carnage and losing any potential bonuses you’d have gotten hoarding for this new targeting system. 

I don’t think these three are meta (Prof is closest), and so they likely won’t bump you into a new stratosphere of rewards. But there’s something to be said for variety in this game, and even if not meta, this is the best group of three we’ve had in a long time. Obviously Carnage will contaminate that pool. But Storm/Ice/X are a solid 3. 
    tyvm for ur advice. i loled on carnage contamination haha :D ill wait untill 16-17 november (as most people say 18 nov will be carnage coming to lts) to give more time to see the "targeted" feature.
    also, is it true that carbage will come on 18 nov? or may be earlier? :(
    thanks
  • Akroma

Good luck!

hello :D sorry to bother you. now that we have more info on the targeted system, what would you say or change on ur advice? thanks :)
  • Akroma
    KGB said:

KGB

hello :D sorry to bother you. now that we have more info on the targeted system, what would you say or change on ur advice? thanks :)
  • Akroma

• Daredevil217
    I feel more solid in my advice now that shards have been revealed as a slight downgrade to BH on average. If you don’t get any BH in all your pulls, you are out 2 5* covers you would have gotten with shards. If you get 2 or more you come out even or ahead. So not super significant either way. If you are intent on opening, my opinion is BH >> shards and Storm >> Carbage. 

Some people on Line would say only open for characters that are meta or will make your gameplay substantially faster.  I don’t think any of these characters are speed clearers in PVE, but I think the burnout thing is real and it’s important to give yourself more options to play with to inject some more fun. This is a very solid trio and one that I believe will increase the variety and fun factor which for me is important, but YMMV. Best of luck either way. 
  • Akroma
    I feel more solid in my advice now that shards have been revealed as a slight downgrade to BH on average. If you don’t get any BH in all your pulls, you are out 2 5* covers you would have gotten with shards. If you get 2 or more you come out even or ahead. So not super significant either way. If you are intent on opening, my opinion is BH >> shards and Storm >> Carbage. 

Some people on Line would say only open for characters that are meta or will make your gameplay substantially faster.  I don’t think any of these characters are speed clearers in PVE, but I think the burnout thing is real and it’s important to give yourself more options to play with to inject some more fun. This is a very solid trio and one that I believe will increase the variety and fun factor which for me is important, but YMMV. Best of luck either way. 
    thanks :D one question, if u know the answer, how long will it be until carnage rotates? how much time is it from 5* to 5*? thanks :)
  • Akroma
    @Daredevil217 @KGB @fight4thedream
    Hello guys :D reporting here, because u gave me advice :)

total 290ish pulls, 265ish from lt, and 25 from cp

3/3/5 prof x
    champed storm 452
    champed iceman 452

on an error on my part, i opened past what i needed, as i had the storm cover.

4 bh. 1 storm bh at the end, 3 on 5*s i had no covers, so now in theory ill have all 5*s when i champ the feeders haha, as i bhed the feeders but dont plan to spend the iso for the moment (also miles morales still 4 levels before getting kingpin cover)

also +6 covers on my now bhed juggernauth (total 10 covers now)

i guess ill wait until iceman and storm rotate out, and then bh my 5/2/5 strange :)

thanks for ur advice :)
  • Daredevil217
    Wow! That’s kind of a best case scenario there finishing the first two and getting the last one to leave two covers away from done. 

Yeah, I would wait for Storm/Ice to rotate and then try to get a Carnage and two Professors while sharding Strange. 

Then during that small window between when we get the new character’s numbers and they are actually released you can see where your hoard is at and decide if you want to go Carnage/X/Y or hoard through Carnage and have more pulls for X/Y/Z. 

Nice job. 
  • Akroma
    Wow! That’s kind of a best case scenario there finishing the first two and getting the last one to leave two covers away from done. 

Yeah, I would wait for Storm/Ice to rotate and then try to get a Carnage and two Professors while sharding Strange. 

Then during that small window between when we get the new character’s numbers and they are actually released you can see where your hoard is at and decide if you want to go Carnage/X/Y or hoard through Carnage and have more pulls for X/Y/Z. 

Nice job. 
    thanks for the advices (previous and new ones) :)