Your WORST MPQ moment of the day (REALITY thread)

Comments

• Monsoon3
    Monsoon3 Posts: 22 Just Dropped In
    So I'm trying to finish up Storm before she leaves latest. She is at a 5/2/5 build. Also Iceman is at 3/5/2 and Prof $ is 5/1/1. So of course my last seven 5* covers have all been for the colors that I have 5 on. Now have 3 saved for both Storm and Iceman and 1 for Prof $.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sitting at 827 in High Stakes, had a 75 point Grockitty team queued up. Piece of cake for Okoye and Sabretooth, right? Nope. Not a single Strike is matchable, and a brutal cascade has me all but wiped on Turn 3. I hadn't yet been hit in the event, so I don't bother shielding while I look for something else halfway decent to hit. Find a couple of decent ones, take them out, score in the corner says 903, so I toss up an 8 hour shield and check the leaderboard to sync. Suddenly my score is back under 800 as a wave of delayed notifications pile in. I did manage to scramble back up to 900, but good lord that was frustrating.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sitting at 827 in High Stakes, had a 75 point Grockitty team queued up. Piece of cake for Okoye and Sabretooth, right? Nope. Not a single Strike is matchable, and a brutal cascade has me all but wiped on Turn 3. I hadn't yet been hit in the event, so I don't bother shielding while I look for something else halfway decent to hit. Find a couple of decent ones, take them out, score in the corner says 903, so I toss up an 8 hour shield and check the leaderboard to sync. Suddenly my score is back under 800 as a wave of delayed notifications pile in. I did manage to scramble back up to 900, but good lord that was frustrating.
    Sadly this is why I say as good as Sabretooth is he is not a reliable Grockitty counter. I've had waaay too many matches that went like the above.
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    Slowness of Venom Bomb and distraction from the World Series on TV caused me to miss the 7th clear of 4E and the 7th and 7th clear of the loaner node in Sub3 last night.
    Dropped from 4th place down to 12th. So much for those Spidey2099 covers.  :(

Guess I need to take this a bit more seriously if I intend to regularly be able to hit T5/T10.
  • TPF Alexis
    DAZ0273 said:
    Sadly this is why I say as good as Sabretooth is he is not a reliable Grockitty counter. I've had waaay too many matches that went like the above.
    Yeah, it's very hit or miss.
    On a different note, One of these days, maybe I'll remember that the 5E in the third sub of Venom Bomb takes absolutely forever, and give myself enough extra time to get through it. Tanks my placement every time.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    Spent 600 CP in the Carnage store.  Got one five star, and it was a Green Goblin cover for the color I already had five colors in.
  • TPF Alexis
    OJSP said:
    OJSP said:
    Got stuck on the rewards blue screen 3 times and dropped from 3rd to 38th! (Edit: apparently the very last node counted, so I only dropped to 27th.. if there was no problem, I'd be able to clear it again once more and maintain 3rd)

If I do get t50, the Spider-Man 2099 cover would be a Saved Cover.
    Not sure Customer Support understood the problem was.. apparently they are sorry that I encountered a connection issue.. but I was able to do everything else using my phone.

It was just the reward screen wouldn't load as quick as usual. So what caused it? I want to know if it's something I could fix, so it doesn't happen anymore in the future. Does anyone know?

As far as I know, that is a connection issue, just it's dropping in a slightly different spot than when you get the loading bit with the various symbols running over and over.

This one was entirely my own tinykitty fault, but it still hurt: Forgot to charge my phone, and the battery died in the middle of a match in Vicious Cycle. It was a Sabrekoye vs. Grockitty match that I was actually winning, too. By the time my phone's usable again, I'm probably going to be down at like 200 points or something. At least I made it to 575 and got my CP from it.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Spent 600 CP in the Carnage store.  Got one five star, and it was a Green Goblin cover for the color I already had five colors in.
    And I thought I felt bad for spending 425 cp and getting three Goblins and a Spidey. Just wanted one stupid Carnage cover, just one, but noooo.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    OJSP said:
    Kept losing matches due to multiple bad cascades. Not a good day to play the game..
    I feel your pain. After Venom's pvp I thought that Carnage would be a breeze but I'm eating health packs left and right because the enemy team keeps nuking my guys right before I win. May as well be a Medusa pvp.
  • sambrookjm
    "We'll give the 5-star required node a God Emperor Doom with a yellow/black feeder.  What's the worst that could happen."

31K damage every three turns, that's what.  Good thing he's not immune to whales...
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,068 Chairperson of the Boards
    "We'll give the 5-star required node a God Emperor Doom with a yellow/black feeder.  What's the worst that could happen."

31K damage every three turns, that's what.  Good thing he's not immune to whales...
    That was an awful node indeed. I finally used Okoye/Sabretooth with boosted APs and with a little luck and several tries he was down.

Its almost as bad as the Royal Family node.
  • sambrookjm
    jp1 said:

That was an awful node indeed. I finally used Okoye/Sabretooth with boosted APs and with a little luck and several tries he was down.

They're definitely 1A and 1B in terms of Difficult Nodes.

*checks upcoming event*

Good news!  We'll have Hearts Of Darkness up next to compare! :)
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,245 Chairperson of the Boards
    jp1 said:

*checks upcoming event*

No one else hates the MEH/Gladiathor/Valk node in Cosmic Chaos?  Oh look, coming up after DPvMPQ with it's own pair of annoying 5Es.  (I think that CC one is the worst in the game.)
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    jp1 said:

I used my own GE Doom with boosted C4rol. Get the goons down ASAP and prioritize photonic barrage, let Doom match yellow
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    I used Bishop and Strange. Keep Doom on stun-lock, but use Strange’s powers to take out the doom bots while sucking down the enemy black.
  • abenness
    abenness Posts: 228 Tile Toppler
    bluewolf said:
    No one else hates the MEH/Gladiathor/Valk node in Cosmic Chaos?  Oh look, coming up after DPvMPQ with it's own pair of annoying 5Es.  (I think that CC one is the worst in the game.)
    Yep, Cosmic Chaos is the worst in my opinion. But at this least this time round I will have Prof X to assist.  I hope to have him champed by then, which will be a very welcome addition to my normal Gritty team.

I needed 6 attempts for 3 wins against GED with a 2-red-cover IM46. And now I have a 1-green-cover Ghost Rider required for the Royal Family...
  • sambrookjm
    helix72 said:
    I used Bishop and Strange. Keep Doom on stun-lock, but use Strange’s powers to take out the doom bots while sucking down the enemy black.
    Silly me...here I was trying to use 5-star characters against someone who is about 60 levels higher than my highest character.   :/  Not surprisingly, this worked just fine.  Also not surprisingly, I needed a health pack for Bishop after every one of those fights.
  • maguirenumber6
    maguirenumber6 Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    jp1 said:

*checks upcoming event*

I actually didn't have too much of a problem with this node, even though my 5* Iron Man isn't anywhere near being fully covered. I used my champed 5* Strange with Okoye, and boosted team-ups, R/Y and B/P for the third and fourth clears. I took a bit of damage, but it's wasn't overly tricky.
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    Pulled an Elektra from my daily haul of standard tokens. I fought back a tear as I looked at the measly 6 shards I’d earned toward Luke Cage, as opposed to what would have been the cover that gets me my next LT. Long road ahead.
  • Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    My worst moment was getting the new update and now having to use the **** new UI.