New Character Blog - Wolfsbane (Rahne Sinclair) (11/7/19)

Options
LakeStone
LakeStone Posts: 1,377 Community Moderator
edited November 2019 in MPQ General Discussion
Hi Everyone - 

The new character blog continues today with Wolfsbane (Rahne Sinclair). We hope you enjoy some fun information that helps you get familiar with the character and the design from the team.

Enjoy the brief read!

New Character Blog - Wolfsbane (Rahne Sinclair)
Tagged:

Comments

• Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,916 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    These 4* blogs have been really good insight into the character design concept, at least in how the team is attempting to capture the fiction of the powers into MPQ mechanical terms. This one definitely feel less like a press release than Carnage did, and more in touch with where the character fits into a roster. 
    Thanks for that. Almost skipped this altogether after the whole Carbage debacle, but read it after reading your comment. Absolutely agree with what you wrote. Very well done article. 
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Agreed on all counts. Entertaining read. Love hearing about how they try to make the character translate into the MPQ format. And this is a better article than the Carnage article (which clearly came from an alternate reality where 5* Carnage is better than what we actually got, and was added to a game that didn't already have a better 4* Carnage, which made the article feel like a bunch of PR nonsense; we hate PR nonsense, but we LOVE developer insight)
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I went back and reread the carnage blog post before making this comment.

the description of wolfsbane is a much better blog post about her powers.  Explaining how she works with a tank and is more hit and run like a wolf which is why she goes invisable.  Explains why CD tiles felt better to using as a wolf pack as wolfs hit then run.

carnage read like a hype machine.  “Overpowered attack” his special tiles are “monsterous”.  

I really like this blog post explaining they why.  I am not sure if wolsfbane will be good especially compared to Worthy cap and even Spider-Man 2099 but this blog post was more of what I wanted to learn from a blog post on a new character 
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yeah, this is another one where it really hits what I love about this sort of BtS thing. Thanks for sharing!