**** Wolfsbane (Rahne Sinclair) ****

Comments

• RickOShay
    RickOShay Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    edited November 2019
    Sm0keyJ0e said:
    RickOShay said:
    Wait, are you saying she works good with Okoye?

Who doesn't?   :smile:

If you get Wolfsbane leveled up to 8-13+ covers in the right colors for her initial PvP, then Yes.

Just pointing out the contrary to being called 'useless'. 
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,901 Chairperson of the Boards
    RickOShay said:
    Sm0keyJ0e said:
    RickOShay said:

Anyone who's powers are classified as 'match damage' like Juggy's AOE :'(

KGB
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    KGB said:
    RickOShay said:
    Sm0keyJ0e said:
    RickOShay said:

KGB
    At least he has that X-Men affiliation though...
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:
    jamesh said:
    Well, she was also a part of the initial line-up of Wolverine's X-Force squad. So that wouldn't necessarily exclude her.
    I think the key wording is the "Uncanny" bit but hey I agree with you 100%! And whilst we are on the topic, about those Defenders...
    If that's the test, wouldn't it exclude Domino too?  She wasn't part of X-Force during Remender's run, and during the second volume of Uncanny X-Force she was on Cable's alternative X-Force team.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,572 Chairperson of the Boards
    jamesh said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    jamesh said:
    Well, she was also a part of the initial line-up of Wolverine's X-Force squad. So that wouldn't necessarily exclude her.
    I think the key wording is the "Uncanny" bit but hey I agree with you 100%! And whilst we are on the topic, about those Defenders...
    If that's the test, wouldn't it exclude Domino too?  She wasn't part of X-Force during Remender's run, and during the second volume of Uncanny X-Force she was on Cable's alternative X-Force team.
    You got me there. I guess they just make up the rules as they go along.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Unfortunately, I'm past the point in the game where she'll be useful for much besides Required nodes, but she looks like she's got some pretty fun potential.
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,716 Chairperson of the Boards
    Unfortunately, I'm past the point in the game where she'll be useful for much besides Required nodes, but she looks like she's got some pretty fun potential.
    Same here.  Its hard to use anyone that isnt meta, unless im just messing around in early Shield Sim matches.  The daily grind is long enough... Juggs made it quicker.  That was a nice addition.

And for the record, i hate that i said those words.  I LOVE balanced characters and such... But since i cant get that here, i settle for fast clear times.
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,246 Chairperson of the Boards
    Same with me.  The only good thing is I just need the one cover in either Shield Training, Placement or Progress and I am fine.  It takes a bit of pressure off overall.
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,289 Chairperson of the Boards
    Cool character, unfortunately nearly every 4* release is overshadowed by and now measured up to the "jumpers", Worthy and Bishop. 
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    The comic cover they chose has one of the worst portrayals of Rahne.  It seems like the writer wanted to make her cool, so gave her a leather jacket, dropped the Scottish accent and put her is a secret relationship with one of the students she was teaching at the school.  Other than the wolf powers, it may as well have been a different character.
  • himatako
    himatako Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    KGB said:
    RickOShay said:
    Sm0keyJ0e said:
    RickOShay said:

KGB
    His damage is actually classified as power damage since it does activate Kitty's red cd tile. So it's more likely that it's coded in a way that intentionally ignore Okoye's black :( 

As for Wolfsbane, I'm in the same boat as TPF Alexis. I guess she looks fun but I'm not excited about new 4* anymore. Her black invisibility tile might be good but it's a bit annoying that it blocks her black active power and there's no way to get rid of it other than matching it or using other character's random tile destruction power.

Maybe if her passive let her jump out, remove the invisibility tile, negate the damage and  attack the enemy when her friend's about to be harmed like Worthy or Bishop, she might be something  for the current meta. 
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    I'm getting close to that, but with 6 champed 5*s my second-most used character is Sabretooth... After Okoye (probably that's obvious).

Point being: it's still more than possible for a 4* to be meta! The more they cause "meta-braiding" between the 4* and the 5* tiers, the better it probably is for the longevity of the game.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,516 Chairperson of the Boards
    Welp, my intro to Wolfsbane was having all 5 of her CD tiles matched before they went off. RNG gods are awake.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yepyep said:
    I'm getting close to that, but with 6 champed 5*s my second-most used character is Sabretooth... After Okoye (probably that's obvious).

Point being: it's still more than possible for a 4* to be meta! The more they cause "meta-braiding" between the 4* and the 5* tiers, the better it probably is for the longevity of the game.
    There are absolutely good 4* options to use alongside 5*. I very rarely run full 5* teams, and actually never did until I got 5torm and Profe55or X champed (numbers 5 and 6 for me). It's usually more effective with someone like Grocket, Medusa, Chavez, Bishop, Juggernaut, or Sabretooth on board, depending on the situation. But that's a pretty small club, and Wolfsbane ain't good enough to get in.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,244 Chairperson of the Boards
    Borstock said:
    Welp, my intro to Wolfsbane was having all 5 of her CD tiles matched before they went off. RNG gods are awake.
    On the one hand, she generates 5 green CDs which all can deal damage.  On the other, she's creating them if there aren't already 5 on the board which makes them not-unlikely to get matched away depending on where they are placed.  

You probably never want to cast this one twice in a row.....

I wish Go for the Throat had an animation beyond some teeth on tiles.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,572 Chairperson of the Boards
    bluewolf said:

I wish Go for the Throat had an animation beyond some teeth on tiles.
    Hey there now, SPOILERS!!! ;)
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    I did real bad in that loaner node, lol. This character definitely isn't Sabretooth. But still I'd probably be more into her as a 4* player than I am now.
  • MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 975 Critical Contributor
    That loaner node is brutal.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    I really like the comic cover they chose for her. Curious why her only affiliation is "Heroes," you'd think there would be a few to choose from.
  • spidyjedi84
    spidyjedi84 Posts: 514 Critical Contributor
    MegaBee said:
    That loaner node is brutal.
    Really depends if the board has yellow or not. If it has yellow, Nico has a chance to get some shield tiles down that mitigate the damage you are taking and true heal her. For me, it gave me a chance to look at Rahne's powerset. Like others have stated, she isn't going to be joining my must use teams the way 4 Juggs has. Her invisibility mechanic is nice, but it still requires too much matching in her strongest colors... Might be nice to see how she plays on a team with Howard and Prof X4vier for rainbow coverage invisibility fun, though.