Domino vs. Totally Awesome

qandols
qandols Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
Hmm, I thought. She is champed but what can she really do? Well, I managed to get of several green attacks. And the board shook constantly because of that and her black passive. The I realized I had 19 red(!) And TA was but a memory. LT was a Rogue champ level. She's actually not bad.

Comments

• JangoLore
    JangoLore Posts: 126 Tile Toppler
    Has anyone been successful without being champed?  I have her at 3/4/2 covers and level 160.  Don't know if it is worth the 43k iso to max level her and take another shot.  
  • halirin
    halirin Posts: 327 Mover and Shaker
    I’m at level 209, 2/3/5, and I’m having a tough time so far. Anyone else having success with a non champ?
  • Kishida
    Kishida Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
    Level 303 champed Domino wiped 4 consecutive matches. A lucky board turned the tide. At least Cho's finally rebalanced, I guess?
  • halirin
    halirin Posts: 327 Mover and Shaker
    Ok, I finally got it. The secret is to get lots of lucky cascades and hope that TAH doesn't cascade into green or put the countdown where you can't get it.

Got my first professor X cover! 
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,716 Chairperson of the Boards
    Honestly, i think her Red is key for anyone, even unchamped Dominos.

Id save up to fire it off at least twice at once, and hopefully one green inbetween.  So, red, green, red.  At minimum.  If you can save for more before dying, do so.

Her red does great damage, but Cho heals up nicely.  So you wanna kill him before its an option.  The green is there to shake it up, get more blacks out there so your 2nd red can be more effective.

I hope this helps.
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 968 Critical Contributor
    Won first try with a 3/5/3 lvl 209 Domino.
    Was pretty easy, actually. Board was very green-deprived. Lots of red, though.
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 967 Critical Contributor
    If not champed, you need a lot of luck indeed. The problem is that the black that's useful for Domino's red is also useful for TA. 
    I have Domino champed and it took me some tries, and that with team-ups.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Lvl281. Won the way Domino always does: Absolutely ridiculous luck. Got two match-5s in my first turn, and things just sort of continued in that vein. Very appropriate, if not particularly useful as a guide to others ;)
    Token was a Gwenpool champ level.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,901 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2019
    It took 5 times for my 4/5/4 L209 Domino to win.

Cho had 2x my 7K health and he would literally 1 shot me if he gets his green. So you need a board that is mostly green starved AND you have to collect any green that does appear while keeping his blue CD from resolving as much as possible. On the 5th try I got that kind of board and managed to down him with 4K health left after firing red once and green a couple of times.

KGB

Skittledaddy must have gotten Domino's luck to get that kind of board on his first try :wink:

• iron-n-wine
    iron-n-wine Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    took a couple of attempts, and bought the red cover in HFH vault to get domino to 3/3/5 level 229 (the red at 2 covers wasnt cutting it) - also assigned the Chewie support for some attack tiles, but she got the job done
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    I like Domino more than most, but this was a much tougher fight than expected for my level 280 4/5/4 Domino. I think one of the big problems is that Cho eagerly makes black matches as well, often leaving you with too few black tiles on the board for red to deliver a big hit. I managed it on my third try, but it was a close fight. I saved up AP until I could go green-green-red, which was not very AP efficient, but it did the trick. 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,572 Chairperson of the Boards
    I lost my first two fights and not had a chance yet to try again. 3/3/5 Lvl 209 Domino is struggling a lot, damage output is too low and TAH health is too high. Maybe there is a Support I can try to help if I have it. Will have to think.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Did it on my second try with a 5/5/3 (4/5/4 might be better here, but I was trying to prevent his heal) Lv273 Domino.  First time I had two reds and a green lined up when he cascaded into two critical hits and finished her with match damage. The second time I had a lucky L-shaped match 5 on green which led into:
    red—>3x green —> red for the win.

The LT gave me a America Chavez champ level.

Is Cho a fictionally appropriate pairing for Domino it was it just a randomly tough matchup?
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2019
    the trick for her is to flood the board with Black by chasing board shake through either her green or N-Clears, then fire off red. With a mid-280s Domino at 3/5/5 I did it first try with no boosts, and effectively 1-shotted Hulk off that red damage. I run her a lot though, so I guess I'm used to playing her. Most of my 5* champs have black nukes, so having it on the board can be helpful.
  • turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 764 Critical Contributor
    I have her champed but lost 2 times , this is a total mismatch, 

maybe I’ll get 3rd time lucky 
  • turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 764 Critical Contributor
    5th time lucky !!
  • Tarelgeth
    Tarelgeth Posts: 67 Match Maker
    Level 137 Domino sat back and let 200 4* Chewie support do all the work.  No powers fired.

Seriously they need to bring back that Heroes For Hire bundle with a purple support token for 250 CP.  Totally worth it.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,572 Chairperson of the Boards
    Chulk punched me in the face third try. Guess I shouldn't have made fun of his lycra shorts back when he was the screen save.
  • Zombionicdoom
    Zombionicdoom Posts: 98 Match Maker
    My Domino is 1/3/2 level 131 and I keep getting mashed. Anyone have any vague ideas how I might do this? Sadly I don’t have a Chewie support like Tarelgeth above. 
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,901 Chairperson of the Boards

My Domino is 1/3/2 level 131 and I keep getting mashed. Anyone have any vague ideas how I might do this? Sadly I don’t have a Chewie support like Tarelgeth above. 
    Do you have any other supports at a reasonably high level? Carols Communicator is handy for the 2 strong protect tiles it gives (at L150 it gives 2 str 600 tiles which would remove all the match damage).

You just may not be high enough level yet to win this one unless you buy the HfH offer or open some tokens and get a Domino or 2 as a BH.

KGB