**** Wolfsbane (Rahne Sinclair) ****

Comments

• leoperez90
    leoperez90 Posts: 66 Match Maker
    4* land gets ANOTHER good character, while 5* land get zero. 

I Like the character, cheap powers,strike tiles, invisibility. ✔ good job keep the good work for the 4* characters. 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards
    She seems quite good - might be an interesting/fun battle against Sabretooth with all the strike tiles flying around, her invisible might be vulnerable to Creed's board destruction but could also save her against his red slash attack whilst she can counter with her own cheap red power but is at risk from her own strikes via his black!
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Cool! I hope we eventually get a costume where she gets her "real" hair one day!

There is a wolf form hidden in the background of the image in the first post:

Given that her black power transforms on use, perhaps she switches back and forward between each appearance? Or perhaps she has the wolf form in battle and human form in the roster screen?

On another subject, it's a shame they didn't give her "X-Men" or "X-Force" affiliations.

• DAZ0273
    I don't think even Cable has an X-Force affiliation (could be wrong). They seem to be restricting that purely to the Uncanny X-Force team.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Well, she was also a part of the initial line-up of Wolverine's X-Force squad. So that wouldn't necessarily exclude her.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,245 Chairperson of the Boards
    Confirmation that I blew 2800cp covering worthy cap for nothing. Thanks devs that's awesome 😢
    I assume this is related to the Shield Training?

And I hope you didn't direct buy Worthy covers....as good as he is as an annoyance in PVP he's not really helping enough to spend 120 CP on his covers.

If you burned 2800 in pulls at least you got all the other stuff?  Dilution!
  • DAZ0273
    jamesh said:
    Well, she was also a part of the initial line-up of Wolverine's X-Force squad. So that wouldn't necessarily exclude her.
    I think the key wording is the "Uncanny" bit but hey I agree with you 100%! And whilst we are on the topic, about those Defenders...
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2019
    bluewolf said:
    EDIT:  She should 100% have an X-Man affiliation based on canon.  [...]
    Affiliations are all scrambled. Mysterio is a hero, Juggernaut is a villainous X-Man somehow, Cable has no X-Force affiliation, Coulson, who died in the MCU to found the Avengers has no Avengers affiliation, Archangel has no X-Factor affiliation even though his in-game cover is an issue of X-Factor, . Who even knows what's going on? 
  • Ed_Dragonrider
    Ed_Dragonrider Posts: 578 Critical Contributor
    bluewolf said:
    Affiliations are all scrambled. Mysterio is a hero, Juggernaut is a villainous X-Man somehow, Cable has no X-Force affiliation, Coulson, who died in the MCU to found the Avengers has no Avengers affiliation, Archangel has no X-Factor affiliation even though his in-game cover is an issue of X-Factor, . Who even knows what's going on? 
    And nobody wants to be on Tony's team 😔 It's so annoying every time CW comes around... anyway I'm just glad we get someone new, instead of an n-th version of a character already in the game.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,245 Chairperson of the Boards
    Who even knows what's going on? 
    That sums it up pretty well.
  • DAZ0273
    bluewolf said:
    Mysterio I understand upon his release as all the trailers showed him being Spidey's ally but now that Far From Home has been out a while they should change that.

If Juggernaut is a "villainous" X-Man then so should Sabretooth be and I guess Mystique?

Players: Hey! Archangel has no X-Factor affiliation!
    Marvel Puzzle Quest: What's an "X-Factor"???!!?

And Talos should have the affiliation of "Useless" which he can share with 5* Wasp.

• WEBGAS
    WEBGAS Posts: 474 Mover and Shaker
    Another useless character, nobody asked for, that will collect dust in our rosters.
    In the meantime : NO FIDDERS, NO GAME CHANGING, NO FIXING TO DILUITION

They're deaf.....or simply don't care  :(
  • RickOShay
    RickOShay Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    edited November 2019
    Excellent color spread and cheap abilities for big damage potential. 
    I'm also thinking 5/5/3.

Certainly she may be specced around depending on your current team choice, but I just can't see reducing the damage from 5 covers in black.
    Timing that out to down an opponent for ~15K is awesome, and we all know that invisibility tile won't last long, even if you wanted it to. Get the strike tiles out for a bit more damage on top.

Damage is also great from her purple, creating the green CD's. The longer turn timers will have a tough time lasting long enough to make it, even if you cast at a time when no immediate green matches are available. Still, over 5 turns this could be well over 15K damage itself at cover level 5. Each CD you lose effectively 'costs' you 3100 damage, so I think this just needs to be at cover level 3 most often. 
    Depending on what team you are against, this ability also has another positive effect by specifically removing a lot of green AP from the board. This is often an unrealized defensive benefit - similar to Ant-Man's yellow ability, which places CD's on red, effectively removing dangerous red from your opponents grasp. Just make sure you have all the green you need for your team prior to firing OWWP.

Cool design, and she may actually get a decent amount of play time on different teams. 

• tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,651 Chairperson of the Boards
    WEBGAS said:
    Another useless character, nobody asked for, that will collect dust in our rosters.
    In the meantime : NO FIDDERS, NO GAME CHANGING, NO FIXING TO DILUITION

They're deaf.....or simply don't care  :(
    What is fidders precious? (Gollum voice) 
  • RickOShay
    RickOShay Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    bluewolf said:

Sabretooth gets use in Sim because he passively destroys Gritty teams; I'm not seeing that here with Wolfsbane but it's not bad to get a new toy to try out.  She certainly seems better than a lot of the benchwarmers in the 4 tier.

All that said we will keep getting new characters until the servers shut down.

Very true yes. But also, Sabretooth's multi-hit red just melts ANY team when played with Thorkoye + a bunch of TU for example. 

Wolfsbane's Rend will deal 5 individual slashes, but it will not continue to the following enemy.
    Certainly though, with just 5 TU for example, Okoye will help that 8 black AP do around 40K to a single enemy (~70K with 10TU).

Then also, for 7 purple you will get Okoye's damage boost on up to 5 countdowns. That could be directed toward a different enemy each turn for 5 turns. 
    At just 5 TU, that's potentially ~9K damage for each CD. At 10 TU it's 15K+ each.

Definitely agree that it's fair to have frustrations with dilution, and in other areas.
    I just wish more of us could see how fairly constructed criticism (as Bluewolf did above), and offering suggestions for improvement sometimes, should go much further with developers and the fan base alike.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    If it were just about the multi-tap, people would be using Rescue a lot more I think lol.
  • Sm0keyJ0e
    Sm0keyJ0e Posts: 730 Critical Contributor
    RickOShay said:
    bluewolf said:

Sabretooth gets use in Sim because he passively destroys Gritty teams; I'm not seeing that here with Wolfsbane but it's not bad to get a new toy to try out.  She certainly seems better than a lot of the benchwarmers in the 4 tier.

All that said we will keep getting new characters until the servers shut down.

Very true yes. But also, Sabretooth's multi-hit red just melts ANY team when played with Thorkoye + a bunch of TU for example. 

Wolfsbane's Rend will deal 5 individual slashes, but it will not continue to the following enemy.
    Certainly though, with just 5 TU for example, Okoye will help that 8 black AP do around 40K to a single enemy (~70K with 10TU).

Then also, for 7 purple you will get Okoye's damage boost on up to 5 countdowns. That could be directed toward a different enemy each turn for 5 turns. 
    At just 5 TU, that's potentially ~9K damage for each CD. At 10 TU it's 15K+ each.

Definitely agree that it's fair to have frustrations with dilution, and in other areas.
    I just wish more of us could see how fairly constructed criticism (as Bluewolf did above), and offering suggestions for improvement sometimes, should go much further with developers and the fan base alike.

Wait, are you saying she works good with Okoye?