Spooky, Scary Halloween Celebration! (10/23/19)

Options
Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
edited November 2019 in MtGPQ General Discussion

Spooky, Scary Halloween Celebration!

It's that time of the year again where all that's creepy and spooky come out to play! Arlinn Kord has brought her new wolf friends along, and Kaya has a few new tricks up her sleeve. We've also got a brand new event called Trick or Treat? for players to try out, and even Fblthp is getting into the holiday spirit!

Planeswalker Reworks

As many of you know from the 3.8 release notes, we've reworked a few spooky Planeswalkers just in time for the Halloween season!

Check out all the details below:

Arlinn Kord (Not Transformed)
  • Mana Bonuses
    • Before: +0 manawhitepng | +0 manabluepng | +0 manablackpng | +3 manaredpng | +3 managreenpng 
    • After: +0 manawhitepng | +0 manabluepng | +0 manablackpng | +4 manaredpng | +4 managreenpng 
  • Strength of the Wolf
    • No Change
  • Call the Pack
    • --- Level 1 ---
    • Before: "Fetch the next Werewolf in your deck."
    • After: "Fetch the first Werewolf or Wolf creature from your library. If you can't, fetch the first Creature card instead."
    • --- Level 2 ---
    • Before: "Fetch the next Werewolf in your deck and it gains 3 mana."
    • After: "Fetch the first Werewolf or Wolf creature from your library. If you can't, fetch the first Creature card instead. It gains 3 mana."
    • --- Level 3 ---
    • Before: "Fetch the next Werewolf in your deck and it gains 6 mana."
    • After: "Fetch the first Werewolf or Wolf creature from your library. If you can't, fetch the first Creature card instead. It gains 6 mana."
    • --- Level 4 ---
    • Before: "Fetch the next Werewolf in your deck and it gains 9 mana."
    • After: "Fetch the first Werewolf or Wolf creature from your library. If you can't, fetch the first Creature card instead. It gains 9 mana."
  • Touch of the Moon
    • --- Level 1 ---
    • Before: "Each Werewolf you control gets +1/+1. Arlinn Kord Transforms."
    • After: "Your Werewolf and Wolf creatures get +1/+1. Then, Transform Arlinn Kord."
    • --- Level 2 ---
    • Before: "Each Werewolf you control gets +2/+2. Arlinn Kord Transforms."
    • After: "Your Werewolf and Wolf creatures get +2/+2Create a Touch of the Moon Token. Then, Transform Arlinn Kord."
    • (Touch of the Moon Token: "While this support is on the board, creatures you control gain the Werewolf subtype.")
    • --- Level 3 ---
    • Before: "Each Werewolf you control gets +3/+3. Arlinn Kord Transforms."
    • After: "Your Werewolf and Wolf creatures get +3/+3. Create a Touch of the Moon Token. Then, Transform Arlinn Kord."
    • --- Level 4 ---
    • Before: "Each Werewolf you control gets +4/+4. Arlinn Kord Transforms."
    • After: "Your Werewolf and Wolf creatures get +4/+4. Create a Touch of the Moon Token. Then, Transform Arlinn Kord."

Arlinn, Embraced by the Moon 
(Transformed)
  • Moon's Embrace
    • --- Level 1 ---
    • Before: "Target Werewolf Transforms."
    • After: "Target Werewolf or Wolf creature you control gets +1/+1."
    • --- Level 2 ---
    • Before: "Target Werewolf Transforms and gets +1/+1."
    • After: "Target Werewolf or Wolf creature you control gets +1/+1. Then, transform it."
    • --- Level 3 ---
    • Before: "Target Werewolf Transforms and gets +2/+2."
    • After: "Target Werewolf or Wolf creature you control gets +2/+2Then, transform it."
    • --- Level 4 ---
    • Before: "Target Werewolf Transforms and gets +3/+3."
    • After: "Target Werewolf or Wolf creature you control gets +3/+3Then, transform it."
  • Hunt with the Pack
    • --- Level 1 ---
    • Before: "Summon a 2/2 Werewolf token with Berserker and Trample."
    • After: "Your first Werewolf or Wolf creature deals damage equal to its power to the first opposing creature."
    • --- Level 2 ---
    • Before: "Summon 2 2/2 Werewolf token with Berserker and Trample."
    • After: "Your first Werewolf or Wolf creature deals damage equal to its power to the first opposing creature. If you can't create 2 Werewolf Tokens instead."
    • (Werewolf Token: 2/2 Creature with Berserker and Trample)
    • --- Level 3 ---
    • Before: "Summon 3 2/2 Werewolf token with Berserker and Trample."
    • After: "Your first Werewolf or Wolf creature deals damage equal to its power to the first opposing creature. If you can't create 3 Werewolf Tokens instead."
    • --- Level 4 ---
    • Before: "Summon 4 2/2 Werewolf token with Berserker and Trample."
    • After: "Your first Werewolf or Wolf creature deals damage equal to its power to the first opposing creature. If you can't create 4 Werewolf Tokens instead."
  • Lycanthropic Frenzy
    • --- Level 1 ---
    • Before: "Each Werewolf you control gets +4/+4. Arlinn Kord Transforms."
    • After: "Your Werewolf and Wolf creatures get +4/+4. Then, Transform Arlinn Kord."
    • --- Level 2 ---
    • Before: "Each Werewolf you control gets +6/+6. Arlinn Kord Transforms."
    • After: "Your Werewolf and Wolf creatures get +6/+6. Then, Transform Arlinn Kord."
    • --- Level 3 ---
    • Before: "Each Werewolf you control gets +8/+8. Arlinn Kord Transforms."
    • After: "Your Werewolf and Wolf creatures get +8/+8. Then, Transform Arlinn Kord."
    • --- Level 4 ---
    • Before: "Each Werewolf you control gets +10/+10. Arlinn Kord Transforms."
    • After: "Your Werewolf and Wolf creatures get +10/+10. Then, Transform Arlinn Kord."

Kaya, Orzhov Usurper
  • Mana Bonuses
    • Before: +3 manawhitepng | +1 manabluepng | +3 manablackpng | +1 manaredpng | +0 managreenpng 
    • After: +5 manawhitepng | +0 manabluepng | +5 manablackpng | +0 manaredpng | -2 managreenpng 
  • Total HP changed from 101 to 113.
  • Burial Rites
    • --- Level 1 ---
    • Before: "Exile the first 2 cards from your opponent's graveyard. Gain 2 life."
    • After: "Create a Minor Burial Rites Token"
    • (Minor Burial Rites Token: "Whenever a card enters your opponent's graveyard from anywhere, it is exiled instead.")
    • --- Level 2 ---
    • Before: "Exile the first 3 cards from your opponent's graveyard. Gain 3 life."
    • After: "Create a Burial Rites Token. Destroy the top 2 cards of your opponent's library."
    • (Burial Rites Token: "Whenever a card enters your opponent's graveyard from anywhere, it is exiled instead. If that card is a Creature card, you gain 1 life.")
    • --- Level 3 ---
    • Before: "Exile the first 4 cards from your opponent's graveyard. Gain 4 life."
    • After: "Create a Burial Rites Token. Destroy the top 4 cards of your opponent's library."
    • --- Level 4 ---
    • Before: "Exile the first 5 cards from your opponent's graveyard. Gain 5 life."
    • After: "Create a Improved Burial Rites Token. Destroy the top 6 cards of your opponent's library."
    • (Improved Burial Rites Token: "Whenever a card enters your opponent's graveyard from anywhere, it is exiled instead. If that card is a Creature card, you gain 1 life. Then, your opponent loses 1 life.")
  • Entomb Contract
    • --- Level 1 ---
    • No Change
    • --- Level 2 ---
    • Before: "Exile an opposing non-land support that costs 12 or less."
    • After: "Exile an opposing non-land support that costs 12 or less. Create 2 Orzhov Spirit Tokens."
    • (Orzhov Spirit Token: 1/1 Creature with Flying)
    • --- Level 3 ---
    • Before: "Exile the first opposing creature that costs 9 or less. If you can't, exile an opposing non-land support that costs 13 or less."
    • After: "Exile the first opposing creature that costs 9 or less. If you can't, exile an opposing non-land support that costs 13 or less. Create 3 Orzhov Spirit Tokens."
    • --- Level 4 ---
    • Before: "Exile the first opposing creature that costs 13 or less. If you can't, exile an opposing non-land support that costs 13 or less."
    • After: "Exile the first opposing creature that costs 13 or less. If you can't, exile an opposing non-land support that costs 13 or less. Create 4 Orzhov Spirit Tokens."
  • Ruinous Wake
    • --- Level 1 ---
    • Before: "Move the first 6 cards from each graveyard to your opponent's exile. Deal damage to your opponent's Planeswalker equal to the number of cards in their exile. Then, move all exiles into their owner's libraries."
    • After: "Move the first 8 cards from each graveyard to your opponent's exile. Deal damage to your opponent's Planeswalker equal to the number of cards in their exile. Then, gain that much life."
    • --- Level 2 ---
    • Before: "Move the first 12 cards from each graveyard to your opponent's exile. Deal damage to your opponent's Planeswalker equal to the number of cards in their exile. Then, move all exiles into their owner's libraries."
    • After: "Move the first 16 cards from each graveyard to your opponent's exile. Deal damage to your opponent's Planeswalker equal to the number of cards in their exile. Then, gain that much life."
    • --- Level 3 ---
    • Before: "Move the first 19 cards from each graveyard to your opponent's exile. Deal damage to your opponent's Planeswalker equal to the number of cards in their exile. Then, move all exiles into their owner's libraries."
    • After: "Move the first 24 cards from each graveyard to your opponent's exile. Deal damage to your opponent's Planeswalker equal to the number of cards in their exile. Then, gain that much life."
    • --- Level 4 ---
    • Before: "Move all graveyards to your opponent's exile. Deal damage to your opponent's Planeswalker equal to the number of cards in their exile. Then, move all exiles into their owner's libraries."
    • After: "Move all graveyards to your opponent's exile. Deal damage to your opponent's Planeswalker equal to the number of cards in their exile. Then, gain that much life."

New Event: Trick or Treat?

Trick or Treat? is a brand new PvE, Non-Coalition event with 3 different nodes. It will also give players a closer sneak preview of 3 cards from Throne of Eldraine: Gingerbrute, Fierce Witchstalker, and Tempting Witch. Not only will players get to check them out in-game, you'll also get to earn them as rewards from the event too! 

There will be 3 nodes: an Arlinn Kord specific node, a Kaya, Orzhov Usurper specific node, and a generic Planeswalker node. Both Arlinn Kord and Kaya will be available in the Vault during this time. Each node has its own special enemy and they will all feature the special event support: Trick or Treat
  • "Whenever a player matches this support's gem or destroys this support, that player goes trick or treating."
This support transforms into either a Trick effect or a Treat effect, which will be chosen from a pool of tokens (For example, "Draw a card" or "Lose 5 life.")

Check out the October Sneak Peek to see when this event will be available to play in!

Planechasing Fblthp

Even Fblthp has joined in on the festivities! During the Halloween celebration, Fblthp will have a thematic node that follows the same rules as the Trick or Treat? event.

Check out the October Sneak Peek to see when you can chase after Fblthp again!

Comments

• Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This is awesome.  I mean, I don't have Kaya so it'll be slightly less awesome (I burned all my crystals on M20 packs already), but this is definitely awesome.

Thanks for including some Throne stuff too, that's a real nice touch!
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    NEW Halloween!!! Woot!!!!
  • Azerack
    Azerack Posts: 501 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I hate to sound jaded because I LOVE the idea and am looking forward to this new event(s if you include Mr. Fibbles') but PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE say the dev and QA team went through these events thoroughly so we don't have to complain about them.

...Wait, is anyone going on vacation or out of office when it's on? That always seems to be the "Murphy's Law" that seals the bad luck. 

I'm going to be kind to all the black cats (well, I'm kind to ALL cats, but you know.. ;) ) and count my thirteens back and forth and hope both of these events go off without a single hitch.  :smile:

• Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    @Azerack Yes, we will still be in office during the Halloween celebration.

(Except for November 1st. I'll be out of office that day :sweat_smile:)
  • Azerack
    Options
    Well, that's a comfort... here's hoping,  then.. ;)

You better not jinx it,  then...  :p  ;)
  • Boogeyman
    Boogeyman Posts: 223 Tile Toppler
    Options
    @Brigby
    Looks like the brackets are broken (Allowing 2000 players for a 100 bracket size).  Any word on if there is going to be a fix for this?
  • joerginger
    joerginger Posts: 194 Tile Toppler
    Options
    This sounds like fun. If only this horribly badly made game didn't greet me with "Error SWW" all the time, every day each event. Of course doing something simple like logging into the game is also a reason for an SWW error. Will you eventually fix this game and make it playable or can I safely uninstall this utterly horrible piece of software in the knowledge that everything will remain as abismally bad as it is right now?
  • Azerack
    Options
    The event is over and I showed as "blank" ranking... Neat! 
    Next time, maybe try to prevent more than the bracket allows for? ;)
  • Narcoticsagent
    Narcoticsagent Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I also got blank. Disappointing considering I had a perfect score.
  • Julie71
    Julie71 MTGPQ Mod Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    Options
    No candy for us.
  • Zzyzzx
    Zzyzzx Posts: 248 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Despite the "trick" of Trick or Treat wearing a Leaderboard mask, I still enjoyed the heck out of these 2 spooky events.
  • Magic:PQ Support Team
    Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,278 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hello guys,

Those who didn't receive the event's rewards and didn't open a ticket with Costumer Support, please send me your UID and your rank position through DM here.
    We'll be sending the correct amount of rewards.
    Thank you for your patience.
  • Azerack
    Options
    Hello guys,

Those who didn't receive the event's rewards and didn't open a ticket with Costumer Support, please send me your UID and your rank position through DM here.
    We'll be sending the correct amount of rewards.
    Thank you for your patience.
    Problem is that I couldn't even see what my ranking was at the end, on top of the 100 bracket having 1000 players in it. What then?
  • Julie71
    Options
    My rank was 26th I missed 5 points. In my tier we had 25 perfect scores. @Oktagon_Support
  • Julie71
    Options
    I don't think I got a screenshot. But will look
  • Windy
    Windy Posts: 79 Match Maker
    Options
    I also got no rewards but no idea where I ended. I'm not taking screens from events just prior to finish only to claim rewards.... And after finish there was no rank either nor did I take a screen of that. 

Guess the 2k runes has to do, haha haha, we all got tricked here
  • JamesGam
    JamesGam Posts: 111 Tile Toppler
    Options
    If the brackets are incorrect. Shouldnt a reasonable gift be sent to everyone? 

2k runes is not a reasonable gift by a long shot
  • Rhasget
    Rhasget Posts: 412 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I ended 2360th in my bracket so definitely more than 1000 in one
  • Windy
    Windy Posts: 79 Match Maker
    Options
    Just ticketed this as well, I won 2 matches with all secondary objectives achieved, got 15 points after 1 win but only got 10 points for the second win. Would have expected to be on 30 points but am on 25 instead. Guess I got tricked.... 
  • Firstofhisname419
    Firstofhisname419 Posts: 129 Tile Toppler
    Options
    The "Win The Fight" for the bottom-right node only awards the 5 points the first time you win there.  (I haven't played other nodes, so I don't know if it holds true for them as well.)