Your Best MPQ Moment of the day (positive thread)

Comments

• JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 820 Critical Contributor
    Twofer (and technically it was yesterday, but it still counts, right?).

I went up against a 5Thanos team in Blade's PvP. At one point the AI team got enough Purple for Thanos to use Infinite Power...then the AI immediately matched it away. I had to giggle :smile:

Another match was against a Gritty team when I took in Okoye & Sabretooth, +2 Team-Up, and +2 All AP. Kitty went down on my first turn after a critical Team-Up match cascaded into a couple of Strike tiles, and Blade and R4G did not survive my second turn. It was glorious! :smiley:
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    I found somebody in the Blad3 pvp running Okoye/Th4nos, it was the first 4* Thanos I've seen in the wild. It was a baby champ, but it was really effective with the amount of strikes in play. He probably would have been really good had he been boosted.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    OJSP said:
    Sub 7 mins DDQ, 1st from start to finish.
    Congrats on your No Prize :)

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/66851/no-prize-do-you-have-one

• JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 820 Critical Contributor
    edited October 2019
    I got hit by a Thor, Okoye, XPool team in the Simulator, so I decided to play nice and retaliate with an Okoye, XPool, Drax team.

The match was going quite well, and even though the AI managed to get enough Green for their Thor to do his thing I wasn't worried because they had no Team-Up AP, and I knew my team could eat an unboosted God of Thunder strike. Not only that but I knew the AOE would spawn two X-Enforcer tiles which would KO Thor and leave the AI's Okoye to fight on alone.

What I didn't take into account was that the AI had also picked up enough Yellow for Okoye's Indomitable Spirit, which of course the AI used first, and of course the Team-Up tiles it created made an automatic match-3.

So now the AI had three Team-Up AP, and then it used God of Thunder.

XPool went down, Drax was left with a few hundred HP, and even Okoye was reeling.

Fortunately I managed to get enough Red for Okoye's Spear, and targeting a row with 3 Black gems was enough finish off Thor. Unfortunately my Okoye ate a Spear in return, and now she had less than 10K health.

Fortunately Okoye by herself is not a huge threat, especially not when denying her red and yellow feeds my own Okoye with the AP she desperately needed.

I know we're not supposed to win every match, and I did win this one, but man! I came really close to losing it!

I was posting this in the "Worst of..." thread but as I wrapped up my post I figured the clawed-back-from-the-dead victory really made it a "Best of..." moment :smile:
  • abenness
    abenness Posts: 228 Tile Toppler
    JSP869 said:

I know we're not supposed to win every match, and I did win this one, but man! I came really close to losing it!

I was posting this in the "Worst of..." thread but as I wrapped up my post I figured the clawed-back-from-the-dead victory really made it a "Best of..." moment :smile:
    I always figure that the other guy never knows how close it got, a win is a win is a win :)
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,245 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pulling 4 times in the Symbiotic Relationship vault got me the last two BSSM covers I needed, so he's champed (finally) and ready to counter Rocket after all this time.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Got Carnage on my first pull from his CP store, so I've got him taken care of for his 5E appearances. Dumped the rest of the CP I'd been saving in case I needed a bunch of pulls there for him into Latest and got two more Iceman covers. Unfortunately both green, taking him to 1/5/2, but still helpful. Also got a Bonus HammerCap, bringing him to a very nice 3/3/3.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Started the day by pulling my 13th Jubilee from the Carnage store. Finished Worthy Cap in Sinister 6. Then took 1st in Venom Bomb and finished off 2099. With some champ rewards I was able to pull a bonus She-Hulk which gave a legendary for a 5* Storm. Pretty decent.
  • TPF Alexis
    Kahmon said:
    Also got a Bonus HammerCap, bringing him to a very nice 3/3/3.
    And by tomorrow you'll have him at 4/4/4 from alliance round rewards.

My best moment of the day was squeezing out a 10th place finish in Venom Bomb by a mere 14 points.
    With the 3 Spidey 2099 covers I was able to champ him.
    Now, for the first time, I have every 4 star champed, including limiteds and recents!
    And then the Progression in the next one (Meet R&G I think?) will let me champ him!
  • AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    Pulled my 13th 5* Loki from a classic token today. Once I earn a bit more ISO I can add him to my stable of champs. A bit of variety is always nice. 
  • TPF Alexis
    Champed Chuck! If I can manage Iceman, that'll be my first time covering a full set of Latest.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    I had zero intention of pulling from Symbiotic Relationship store because I was focusing on Classic. 

I decided to open the token gotten from Sinister Six and pulled 5* Carnage. 

This was great because I don't have to fret about chasing Carnage in the next 6-8 weeks or so.
  • TPF Alexis
    Taking out Thor teams in the C&D PvP. Hit him with their black active, and suddenly dropping him under half health becomes way less of a concern :smile:
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have I must admit fallen a bit out of love with this game and in fact didn't compete in a single PvP or PvE since my Alliance finished off Sinister Six early Saturday Morning. I couldn't even bother to play any DDQ nodes apart from Crash yesterday. So I guess my best moment was playing a few matches again this morning and chugging over the line for my Season 10 pack. My score will be waaaaay down on my season usual but at least I'm still playing just about. If I can finally beat Chulk on the COT then maybe my enthusiasm will come back.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    I brought in Okoye, Sabertooth, and Punisher into the fight with Kaecilius.  Sabretooth because of the board shake when you hit the enemy strikes, Punisher because I wanted to see if his Retribution would work, and Okoye because she tanks and can heal in case things get out of hand.  Turns out I didn't have to worry much, because Kaecilius did 100% of the damage to himself by matching his own strike tiles.  I can picture Punisher saying "Stop hitting yourself.  *wham*  Stop hitting yourself.  *wham*"

I managed to find out that Punisher's Retribution does not work on him, though, so ti wasn't a total waste.  I didn't think it would, but it's worth a shot.
  • Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    My best mpq moment of the day was deciding to not torture myself with Carnage's pvp.

It ends a streak of over a year of at least 900 points and t50 finishes, but **** Carnage. Seriously, **** Carnage.
    I'm glad this was the last pvp event of the season because I have already passed the final CP and even if my season placement is affected, it would only be a loss of 1 heroic token.

I really hate Carnage.
  • carlj64
    carlj64 Posts: 45 Just Dropped In
    One token for Wolfsbane vault. Bang, Wolfsbane black, taking her to 2 black. Oh well, I'm not normally this lucky on new releases.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Kahmon said:
    My best mpq moment of the day was deciding to not torture myself with Carnage's pvp.

It ends a streak of over a year of at least 900 points and t50 finishes, but tinykitty Carnage. Seriously, tinykitty Carnage.
    I'm glad this was the last pvp event of the season because I have already passed the final CP and even if my season placement is affected, it would only be a loss of 1 heroic token.

I really hate Carnage.
    I like Carnage. I just hate it when everyone and their mom is also using Medusa. And naturally like 95% of the ap that Medusa generates for me is blue.