DDQ CotT: Kingpin vs. Luke Cage

qandols
qandols Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
Champed Kingpin. Lousy board with nearly no purple or yellow, but I could get quite a load of black. Wanted to hold on to that. Luke had several cascades and pummeled me down to a third health. I managed a Fisk Defense followed by a Maggia Pawns. And a Gambit after that. Luke shrugged it off and managed to destroy all my CD:s. Bummer. Then the board changed and the next volley of purple, yellow and two consecutive black downed him. LT was actually a yellow Iceman. Nice.

Comments

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Champed KP. Managed to deny yellow pretty well, and black so-so. Got punched a couple of times, but never with his Countdown out. The one time he got up to a worrying amount of yellow, I had my purple ready and stole it all. Fired yellow twice over the course of that, and mostly just sat back and let the boys take him out.
    Token waiting to see how long it takes me to get a Carnage cover.
  • froggerjohn
    froggerjohn Posts: 373 Mover and Shaker
    0/2/1 KP on my alt was not even in the ballpark. Won't be trying again.

3/5/5 level 209, boosted +1 yellow AP, plus max r/y damage and g/b damage.
    Probably didn't need the boosts, because I also used Taskmaster's Sword, and won pretty easily with the Pawns.

Token was an Icem4n champ level.

• PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    This was a pretty fun fight. My level 188 4/5/4 Kingpin lost pretty badly on the first try - Luke kept hiding his countdown in a corner, then walloping me a good one with a follow-up punch. On the second try I equipped my 3-star Taskmaster sword. The extra damage to heroes cancelled his protect tile, and I used purple whenever he got close to being able to punch me righteously. I wore him down with countdowns, but it was a fairly close one - I finished with about 2300 health.
    My reward was a champ level for 4* Deadpool. 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Kingpin sits at Lvl 147 despite being fully covered with many available saved covers. That said, he actually works reasonably well for 1 v 1 fights (though not as well as he used to) and the fact that Kingy has the purple steal that just happens to fill up on yellow is the fights MVP. It does make me wonder though - if Luke has unbreakable skin then where exactly is Kingpin jabbing him with that finger to win the fight...
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:
    Kingpin sits at Lvl 147 despite being fully covered with many available saved covers. That said, he actually works reasonably well for 1 v 1 fights (though not as well as he used to) and the fact that Kingy has the purple steal that just happens to fill up on yellow is the fights MVP. It does make me wonder though - if Luke has unbreakable skin then where exactly is Kingpin jabbing him with that finger to win the fight...
    Right in the eye? Or maybe it's just a gradual build-up thing, like some forms of bastinado. Even if the skin is unbreakable, the muscles and organs beneath can still be bruised and otherwise damaged.