***** Carnage (Prophet of Knull) *****

Comments

• jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    I guess the HP store means that there will be a delay before Carnage hits Latest Legends.  I guess that's a good thing for those still chasing Storm.
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,698 Chairperson of the Boards
    My favourite thing about this forum is reading much better players than me break this stuff down power by power so I don’t have to tax my idling brain. Great posts as usual.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,245 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2019
    jamesh said:
    I guess the HP store means that there will be a delay before Carnage hits Latest Legends.  I guess that's a good thing for those still chasing Storm.
    Profe55or didn't enter until 2 weeks after his CP store closed (and there were a lot of questions about when he would....).  There were 10 weeks from the Prof HP release to this one, and Storm will be getting 20 weeks in Latests by the time her turn ends.  

Let's all hope Carnage isn't in the store for 20 weeks....

RickOShay said:
    Guys, with this high match damage... there's just no way we gain AP from Carnage's free matches. 
    I sure hope to be wrong here but, there's just very little chance after seeing this.

A free match in Carnage colors is 1900 to 2500 damage on it's own.
    I've seen on Discord that he collects AP when he matches.  
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2019
    Does the Knull & Void auto-match happen at battle start against a 4ocket team? Or just player turn 1? I think that auto-match could be a quiet game changer if it gathers AP and starts working right away. Though it could also make him particularly susceptible to Bishop.
  • Sm0keyJ0e
    Sm0keyJ0e Posts: 730 Critical Contributor
    edited October 2019
    "... start of his turn..."

"Start of battle" mechanics works differently, like MEHulk.

Really hard to see any silver lining with this guy. He looks utterly awful. Just randomly picking out Bolt's very free, very easy to achieve passive black power--it deals more damage than Carnage's 6 red ap power and doesn't damage your teammates. And he was released over 3 years ago? 
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    bluewolf said:
    RickOShay said:
    Wow, Carnage will have great color coverage with 5* Wasp aka Hope van Dyne! Wasp can use her blue to steal enemy AP to basically render them helpless, and her excellent yellow will make Carnage invisible, striking terror into the hearts of the enemy team. Carnage's red will steal allies' health, but Hope's black will help to offset that with useful burst healing. Carnage's passive matching will help collect AP that will eventually lead to the grand climax of the battle, when Hope CALLS THE SWARM.

Carnage's overall rating: 9.8/10
    Yes! And you should add Banner since he tanks purple for match damage, which is the missing component here. 
    But, be sure to avoid green so that you don't transform to Hulk form, since Hulk would then no longer tank purple. 
    Now you have a near-perfect rainbow team for your new found PvP domination!

BUT!  If you let Hulk transform then you get his auto match, then Carnage's automatch (assuming 4 AI SAPs) then your power, then match, then attack tile animation......

On top of the locked tiles, it's a mess.

Your new troll team.  Who wants to sit through all that?  People will skip like crazy.
    Hahaha it actually looks like an amazing defense team, 2 min before you can do a match every single turn :P
  • RickOShay
    RickOShay Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    edited October 2019
    bluewolf said:
    RickOShay said:

BUT!  If you let Hulk transform then you get his auto match, then Carnage's automatch (assuming 4 AI SAPs) then your power, then match, then attack tile animation......

On top of the locked tiles, it's a mess.

Your new troll team.  Who wants to sit through all that?  People will skip like crazy.

I hope you realize I will actually do this :)

wymtime said:
    Here is a comparison of some of 5* carnage’s powers to 4* carnage’s powers.  I am using my 4* carnage at level 340 compared to a level 450 5* carnage.

Adding bit more to your fairly constructed comparison: 

5* green 9 AP destroys 7 random tiles
     - Averaging 2940 damage and potential for more Attack tiles (I believe this should cost 7 AP not 9), but if equipped at level 3 it's just around 2000 damage and lower attack(s)

4* green 8 AP destroys 16 tiles and does 1063 damage per special tile destroyed.
    If at Level 5.  Many run at lvl 3 where it's just 10 tiles and less per destroyed special

5* carnage red 6 AP 8371 damage potential team damage of 2511, health damage of 1116 (might be more as this is only listed at level 1.)
    - Therefore, Target damage of 10,882, 2511 to each other enemy (warning: could potentially be designed with no additional Target damage)

4* carnage red 7 AP Target damage of 7998 AOE of 2951 team damage of 2951 avoidable if you have 10 red.
    - I prefer to avoid using the 'AOE' description here since the Target will not take the additional 2951, only the non-target enemies will

5* black enemy attack tiles 2 at 195, if 4 enemy special tiles makes a match and generates a strike of 322.  Passive green attack tile 224.
    4* black 3 friendly attack at 265, 3 enemy attack at 118 if less than 10 friendly special tiles.

Still, to your point - should a 5* Carnage simply be around 0% to 25% stronger than 4* Carnage? 
    Got to agree with many others.. nerfed due to the Kitty factor. 

But since this is likely the case, why not simply design More of a direct damage element to his green or black then? 
    How can this guy take down a 5* Thor and hope to avoid his God mode? There's no realistic way unless you save up 18 red AP.. 

Keep in mind I'm usually the see-all-positives guy.
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,068 Chairperson of the Boards
    It’s a small nitpick, but this Carnage doesn’t look very menacing either (perhaps because he isn’t). The artwork is nice and everything, no painted block of wood that is Cable, but he looks kind of feeble and cartoonish. 

I’m actually relieved to have a 5* release that I’m perfectly fine having just one cover on though, gives me some breathing room.
  • BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 982 Critical Contributor
    Man, I was hoping to break open my hoard (almost 400 pulls currently) when the latest legends pack is Prof X, carnage, whoever comes after carnage but it looks like I'm gonna have to keep hoarding and hope the 3 after carnage are worth pulling for.
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,068 Chairperson of the Boards
    “Combined, the two are an unstoppable force. Now they've been gifted the power of a god”

However Carnage is nothing if not courteous, so they have decided to give up those advantages in the spirit on fair play.
  • supergarv
    supergarv Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
    edited October 2019
    IceIX said:

Unstoppable Carnage Cover Store

• October 24, 2019, 07:00 – October 31, 2019, 12:00

• 1 in 250 chance to get a cover of Carnage (Prophet of Knull)

• ~1 in 13 chance to get a 4-Star

• 1 in 4 chance to get a 3-Star

• Remainder chance to get a 2-Star

Saved you a calculator click: It‘s a 66% chance (or „2 in 3 chance“) to get a 2* in this store, so know what your hard earned/bought HP gets you. As usual I won‘t dip into it.
  • killahKlown
    killahKlown Posts: 577 Critical Contributor
    Man, I was hoping to break open my hoard (almost 400 pulls currently) when the latest legends pack is Prof X, carnage, whoever comes after carnage but it looks like I'm gonna have to keep hoarding and hope the 3 after carnage are worth pulling for.
    I wouldn't pass on Professor X if I were you
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,894 Chairperson of the Boards
    ^^^^

That’s what I would do!