leoperez90 Posts: 66 Match Maker
    IceIX said:
    "Insert Interesting Character Bio Here."

<Insert Character Image Here>

5-Star Rarity
    Affiliations: Villains
    greentilepngblacktilepng

Tile Destroy / Attack Tile Create - 9 greentilepng AP
    Destroys 4 random tiles. Destroyed tiles do not generate AP.
    (PASSIVE) Whenever you match or destroy a Strike, Attack, or Protect tile, create 1 friendly Attack tile.
    • Level 2: Increase friendly Attack tile strength.
    • Level 3: Destroy 5 tiles and increase friendly Attack tile strength.
    • Level 4: Increase friendly Attack tile strength.
    • Level 5: Destroy 7 tiles and increase friendly Attack tile strength.

Damage / Team Damage
     - 6  AP
    Deals damage to the enemy and steals a burst of health from allies. If the friendly team has 5 or more special tiles, deal additional damage to the enemy team.
    • Level 2: Additional target damage.
    • Level 3: Additional target damage.
    • Level 4: Additional target and team damage.
    • Level 5: Additional target and team damage.

Auto Match / Tile Creation
     - blacktilepng PASSIVE
    (PASSIVE) If there are 4 or more enemy special tiles at the start of this character's turn, make a match and create 1 friendly Strike tile. Otherwise, create 2 enemy (low power) Attack tiles.
    • Level 2: Increase friendly tile strength and decrease enemy tile strength.
    • Level 3: Increase friendly tile strength.
    • Level 4: Increase friendly tile strength.
    • Level 5: Increase friendly tile strength and decrease enemy tile strength.
    Thoughts.

Green active is garbage. 9 AP to destroy some tiles. So many people have variations of this power, and it’s often green (Domino, Juggs, Carnage)! While the active is just an AP dump to hopefully trigger the passive, I DO like the passive. Destroy enemy or friendly attack/strike/protect and get an attack back. So you should always be equal if not coming out ahead on special tiles. I’m bummed it’s not any special tile. Could have killer synergy with Iceman who SPAMS the board with countdowns/repeaters. Since they don’t count for this character’s power, there’s a real missed opportunity. Bummer.  Overall, I don’t think a single attack tile when matching a special tile is enough to make this person a Kitty partner over Grocket. But would be a great third if/when they fix Bishop. I mean even 3* Ock gives TWO attacks and counts countdowns for his power. 

Red will depend on numbers.  Having powers that hurt allies tend not to go over well or get used in a game where health packs are at a premium. 3* Gambit and Sentry are not often used in part because of team damage. So already, good partners may be limited.  Seems like a great pair with Daredevil. Steal his health causing him to make strikes and heal it back.  Doom also could work as a partner. No active overlap, and Doom will tank the black. Red is the only power I think should be at 5 covers (without seeing numbers). 

Black seems super slow. Assuming you aren’t facing Rocket, It won’t be until turn 3 that the enemy has enough specials out for you to get a free match and strike (again only one, which is slow for Kitty). And giving the enemy free attacks while Kitty is “a thing” seems like a really bad idea. I get that the black is there to help fuel the green passive and create attacks. But seems like a real round about way and a lot of steps to get there compared to someone like Ronin (match red) or Carnage (do it passively) in the 4* tier.  Seems too slow (just a single tile) to get going and again not a replacement for Rocket with Kitty.

With Kitty, against Gritty, this character will make a pretty good counter I believe. They will start the game NOT making enemy attacks and instead will be getting free strikes and free matches that hopefully catch some Grocket strikes and turn them into friendly attacks for your own Kitty to buff.  But your team will come away limping needing packs. If you have Thorkoye, they are still likely a better counter. 

The fact that this character has only red/green actives also hurts due to the fact that those are some of the best/most used active powers in the tier (Thor being the biggest user). So this person seems like a niche pair with Kitty/against Gritty but much less effective with Kitty/not against Gritty.  They otherwise seem like someone you might pair with true healers for a non-meta “fun team” (don't sleep on the aforementioned Daredevil pairing)

Really interested to see final numbers and how they work in game but not overly impressed on paper. Seems slow. Carnage is a good example of someone who spams the board with specials for both sides, and I don’t find him particularly effective with Kitty, and definitely not over Grocket. This character seems even slower. I don’t know if this one is better than Storm honestly, for those who were waiting to bust their hoards. Numbers will better assist in that decision. 
    I agree with what you just said and the fact that it's easier for kitty to activate her circuit breaker against you in one turn way to slow you on offense and you'll take damage the next. But like I said earlier still keeping my head up and thinking in the brighrside.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    ???, who is expected to be Carnage, has two passive powers:
    1)  Whenever you match or destroy a Strike, Attack, or Protect tile, create 1 friendly Attack tile.
    2a) If there are 4 or more enemy special tiles at the start of this character's turn, make a match and create 1 friendly Strike tile. 
    2b) If there are 3 or fewer enemy special tiles, create 2 enemy (low power) Attack tiles.
    2c) Increase friendly tile strength and decrease enemy tile strength.

1) His first power affects any SPA tile, which is great. 
    2a) You get a free match (hopefully with ap gain) and 1 free strike tile if there are at least 4 enemy special tiles. So, cd, repeater, invisibility tiles also count towards the special tiles minimum.
    2c) It's vague because it's not clearly stated whether it triggers when there are a minimum of 4 special tiles or not. There doesn't seems to be any cap on how many enemy tiles he can debuff. 

Active abilities:
    1) up to 7 random tiles destruction and a buff on only attack tiles
    2) cheap team damage and higher damage if you have 5 friendly special tiles. 

If you want to bang on auto-match, Eddie Brock is the easiest fit here. 

Someone who benefits from constant enemy special tiles are: 4* Kraven, Medusa, Thanos, Prowler, Dazzler.

Thanos could be used to create a green heavy board constantly and his power destroys half  the board for an extra 3ap to maximise the number of attack tiles on the board. 

Prowler could be an interesting team with ???. Prowler could fortify enemies' SPA tiles and then match them. So, you will have a minimum of 2 friendly special tiles on your turn and an upwards of 6 SPA tiles on your turn, based on its similar wording with 3* Hawkeye.

Kraven + ??? = could be a quick debuff team depending on his wordings.

• Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,893 Chairperson of the Boards
    ???, who is expected to be Carnage, has two passive powers:
    1)  Whenever you match or destroy a Strike, Attack, or Protect tile, create 1 friendly Attack tile.
    2a) If there are 4 or more enemy special tiles at the start of this character's turn, make a match and create 1 friendly Strike tile. 
    2b) If there are 3 or fewer enemy special tiles, create 2 enemy (low power) Attack tiles.
    2c) Increase friendly tile strength and decrease enemy tile strength.

1) His first power affects any SPA tile, which is great. 
    2a) You get a free match (hopefully with ap gain) and 1 free strike tile if there are at least 4 enemy special tiles. So, cd, repeater, invisibility tiles also count towards the special tiles minimum.
    2c) It's vague because it's not clearly stated whether it triggers when there are a minimum of 4 special tiles or not. There doesn't seems to be any cap on how many enemy tiles he can debuff. 

Active abilities:
    1) up to 7 random tiles destruction and a buff on only attack tiles
    2) cheap team damage and higher damage if you have 5 friendly special tiles. 

If you want to bang on auto-match, Eddie Brock is the easiest fit here. 

Someone who benefits from constant enemy special tiles are: 4* Kraven, Medusa, Thanos, Prowler, Dazzler.

Thanos could be used to create a green heavy board constantly and his power destroys half  the board for an extra 3ap to maximise the number of attack tiles on the board. 

Prowler could be an interesting team with ???. Prowler could fortify enemies' SPA tiles and then match them. So, you will have a minimum of 2 friendly special tiles on your turn and an upwards of 6 SPA tiles on your turn, based on its similar wording with 3* Hawkeye.

Kraven + ??? = could be a quick debuff team depending on his wordings.

You’re not understanding how his powers work. He doesn’t buff/debuff tiles. If he did he’d be much better. What the text is saying is that as you put more covers in him the friendly tiles he gives are better and the enemy tiles he gives are weaker. 

His active also doesn’t buff attack tiles. 

He does single target damage only and extra team damage with enough specials out. 
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    I wonder how the passive portion of the green power will interact with the current match-4 line clear bug? Will you end up getting two attack tiles if you destroy a special tile that way?
  • spidyjedi84
    spidyjedi84 Posts: 514 Critical Contributor
    Hey, look. They heard our criticism about wanting more information on a character before release and took steps to give us a look at the new character's powers without revealing the new character's name. Money''s still on it being a 5 star Carnage, but I'm willing to be surprised if it's a different character.
  • purplemur
    purplemur Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    Gotta be Elder God Carnage right?
    Lets just hope he has speed like Kacilius and not like the mindless ones. 
    Should play well on Defense.
    If this ”destroy” is buggy like Mysterio’s than it’s a major nerf out the gates. They needs to root out the buggycode or hold off on releasing broken chars.

depends on the pattern but Green could be nasty- if its a block like ‘Tooth I could see fast population of the board- pair him W/ War machine and AV- it will be raining attks

I don’t know if this is an upgrade on the carnage/hawkguy engine- but with the new rules on “destroy” triggering medusa, hawk etc the green could  keep the blue/purps humming - not 5eye/snowflake fast but a steady pace, the black is pure ramp one way or the other. 
    3ock would be pretty good here too- his blue shuffles and punishes, matching gives you spammy attacks that you match and replace with I should hope better ones from the 5*

I like the idea of banner/carnag5: it takes 9 to fire green and you would probably want to wait to fill the board a bit so bruce can flip then your taking free moves to shuffle and match and reseed- wacky wavy inflatable arm team! Plus who cares if you steal hulks health? 

Alas poor nebula there is overlap and she sucks anyway but you could almost get  Rage and her Blue Repeater synergizing; would keep her healthy for Carnag5 red.

Medusa/Lockjaw/Carnag5 is going to be a pain on Defense - but feel would be a safe bet for mirror matching their carnag5 eventually you will meddle and gain board control- all while biting away and throwing down the inhumanity.

I see him being the replacement grocket of the 5* tier, auto wins all day. Kitty pushing them higher until basically putting a turn cap on the match. It all comes down to how big the Knull powered-up fists are and if they can outpace Juggs AoE.

And how I loathe to mention that he will certainly trigger Bishop/mewmewcap- so yeah that still
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thanks for the insight Daredevil217. I reread his power again and had a better understanding of his power. It would be nice if there would be a 5* who could debuff enemies SPA tiles.

A 3/5/5 build for seems right for me, until the numbers are out.

• ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    bluewolf said:
    GENxSLADE said:
    Definitely smells like Carnage
    Somehow I think he would smell terrible.  I don’t think he’s very concerned about personal hygiene. Too busy looking for victims. 
    it's not the personal hygiene. 
    it's all the dried blood, vomit and all sorts of bodily fluids from ripping apart random bodies. 

can't wait for venom 2.
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,698 Chairperson of the Boards
    Looks way too slow to interest me. I was hoping to go for this character with prof and next One but doesn’t look like I will. More I think on it the more I feel I will have to pass on prof and keep on hoarding. 

It’s getting frustrating how good four star releases are but fives just suck. 650 pulls and counting.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah looks like a 5 to hoard through - but will need to see how he plays.
    After everyone being meh on Thor before he released, I don't trust ability descriptions without playtesting.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think his best power is his black and his best partner will be DD or doom.  With his black you will get a free strike tile and a AI match.  If you have DD spitting out strike tiles as well you will eventually have 2 matches dipping on strike tiles and and attack tiles dipping on strike tiles.  I am could probably get to 10K+ damage per turn with this team fairly easily.  

Will this character be meta not unless the number of friendly special tiles goes up at higher levels.  So if it level 5 it spit out 2-3 friendly tiles instead of 1.

i do hope red does a ton of damage making him at least dangerous.
  • BuzzedLightbeer
    BuzzedLightbeer Posts: 40 Just Dropped In
    IceIX said:

5-Star Rarity
    greentilepngblacktilepng

(PASSIVE) Whenever you match or destroy a Strike, Attack, or Protect tile, create 1 friendly Attack tile.

Damage / Team Damage
     - 6  AP
    Deals damage to the enemy and steals a burst of health from allies. If the friendly team has 5 or more special tiles, deal additional damage to the enemy team.

- blacktilepng PASSIVE
    (PASSIVE) If there are 4 or more enemy special tiles at the start of this character's turn, make a match and create 1 friendly Strike tile. Otherwise, create 2 enemy (low power) Attack tiles.
    Thoughts.

Green active is garbage. 9 AP to destroy some tiles. So many people have variations of this power, and it’s often green (Domino, Juggs, Carnage)! While the active is just an AP dump to hopefully trigger the passive, I DO like the passive. Destroy enemy or friendly attack/strike/protect and get an attack back. So you should always be equal if not coming out ahead on special tiles. I’m bummed it’s not any special tile. Could have killer synergy with Iceman who SPAMS the board with countdowns/repeaters. Since they don’t count for this character’s power, there’s a real missed opportunity. Bummer.  Overall, I don’t think a single attack tile when matching a special tile is enough to make this person a Kitty partner over Grocket. But would be a great third if/when they fix Bishop. I mean even 3* Ock gives TWO attacks and counts countdowns for his power. 

Red will depend on numbers.  Having powers that hurt allies tend not to go over well or get used in a game where health packs are at a premium. 3* Gambit and Sentry are not often used in part because of team damage. So already, good partners may be limited.  Seems like a great pair with Daredevil. Steal his health causing him to make strikes and heal it back.  Doom also could work as a partner. No active overlap, and Doom will tank the black. Red is the only power I think should be at 5 covers (without seeing numbers). 

Black seems super slow. Assuming you aren’t facing Rocket, It won’t be until turn 3 that the enemy has enough specials out for you to get a free match and strike (again only one, which is slow for Kitty). And giving the enemy free attacks while Kitty is “a thing” seems like a really bad idea. I get that the black is there to help fuel the green passive and create attacks. But seems like a real round about way and a lot of steps to get there compared to someone like Ronin (match red) or Carnage (do it passively) in the 4* tier.  Seems too slow (just a single tile) to get going and again not a replacement for Rocket with Kitty.

With Kitty, against Gritty, this character will make a pretty good counter I believe. They will start the game NOT making enemy attacks and instead will be getting free strikes and free matches that hopefully catch some Grocket strikes and turn them into friendly attacks for your own Kitty to buff.  But your team will come away limping needing packs. If you have Thorkoye, they are still likely a better counter. 

The fact that this character has only red/green actives also hurts due to the fact that those are some of the best/most used active powers in the tier (Thor being the biggest user). So this person seems like a niche pair with Kitty/against Gritty but much less effective with Kitty/not against Gritty.  They otherwise seem like someone you might pair with true healers for a non-meta “fun team” (don't sleep on the aforementioned Daredevil pairing)

Really interested to see final numbers and how they work in game but not overly impressed on paper. Seems slow. Carnage is a good example of someone who spams the board with specials for both sides, and I don’t find him particularly effective with Kitty, and definitely not over Grocket. This character seems even slower. I don’t know if this one is better than Storm honestly, for those who were waiting to bust their hoards. Numbers will better assist in that decision. 
    So, as you know from my thread that you’ve been great assisting with, I’m one of the ones deciding between busting the hoard with Storm still in the mix or not.  After reading this thread I’m leaning more toward going for it now, but is it still advisable to wait and see how this character actually plays first?  Some of the potential partners I’ve seen mentioned for this new character are Doom and DD, and I don’t have Doom at all and only a 3/2/1 DD, if that makes a difference in the decision.
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,068 Chairperson of the Boards
    I recently champed Storm and while she is lackluster without Gambit (apparently, can’t confirm since I don’t have Gambit)...she still looks better than this. 

You are rolling the dice. This could end up being someone good and people just don’t see it, but it could be a total dud.

Storm is mid tier.
  • hunky_funky
    hunky_funky Posts: 111 Tile Toppler
    To me sounds more like some blood sucking living monster. Maybe it's.... Oh no...
  • BuzzedLightbeer
    jp1 said:
    I recently champed Storm and while she is lackluster without Gambit (apparently, can’t confirm since I don’t have Gambit)...she still looks better than this. 

You are rolling the dice. This could end up being someone good and people just don’t see it, but it could be a total dud.

Storm is mid tier.
    Thanks.  I do have a 3/3/5 Gambit (and a 2/2/3 Black Bolt, though I’ve seen conflicting opinions on how compatible he and Storm truly are), so I’m not sure if that helps me much with her or not.  I’m fine with having a mid tier 5*, and she is actually one of my favorite Marvel/X-Men characters in general so I’d kinda like to have a high powered version of her.  I only have two 5* currently champed, Strange and OML.  More than anything, I’m just looking to finally start creating a decent stable of champed 5* characters.  The impatient side of me wants to just go for it now, but the practical side is saying I should probably hold out a bit longer to get a better feel for whatever this new character brings to the table.  Do we have a good guesstimate on how much longer that will be?
  • Daredevil217
    edited October 2019
    IceIX said:

5-Star Rarity
    greentilepngblacktilepng

Damage / Team Damage
     - 6  AP

- blacktilepng PASSIVE
    Thoughts.

So, as you know from my thread that you’ve been great assisting with, I’m one of the ones deciding between busting the hoard with Storm still in the mix or not.  After reading this thread I’m leaning more toward going for it now, but is it still advisable to wait and see how this character actually plays first?  Some of the potential partners I’ve seen mentioned for this new character are Doom and DD, and I don’t have Doom at all and only a 3/2/1 DD, if that makes a difference in the decision.
    I would wait and see.  Right now I’d lean toward Storm for a couple reasons. But this character could be some diamond in the rough we just aren’t seeing. Also need to see numbers. Maybe red is some 6 AP huge mega nuke.

Without numbers though this character seems on the level of Storm. She is likely better at offense/board control. This character seems like the more annoying character to face on defense and will get you more skips. Both tend to need the right people to get the most out of them. 

All that said, the reason I lean Storm in your situation is synergy. Storm/Xavier/Iceman/OML are all X-Men (along with Bishop/Juggs in the 4* tier) and play well with Xavier whom you have the most covers for and hopefully will end up tanking on your teams. Storm’s best partner is probably Gambit and you are a feeder away from a champed one (wish the developers would comment on the feeder embargo). She also has good synergy with Xavier as she adds to his damage negation/AP cost and will create match 4’s for him to zap folks. 

This character with OML could be decent as well. Problem is I feel pairing OML with anyone lowers the scare factor and invites hits since his nerf. But offensively it’s probably a tanky team you could climb with. Flood the board with strikes and attacks from both. This character steals Logan’s health and Logan heals it back. Seems good. But if you just like Storm as a character or how her mechanics play, even if this character is better I can’t imagine it being by much. But at minimum wait for numbers. 
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,068 Chairperson of the Boards
    jp1 said:

Storm is mid tier.
    Thanks.  I do have a 3/3/5 Gambit (and a 2/2/3 Black Bolt, though I’ve seen conflicting opinions on how compatible he and Storm truly are), so I’m not sure if that helps me much with her or not.  I’m fine with having a mid tier 5*, and she is actually one of my favorite Marvel/X-Men characters in general so I’d kinda like to have a high powered version of her.  I only have two 5* currently champed, Strange and OML.  More than anything, I’m just looking to finally start creating a decent stable of champed 5* characters.  The impatient side of me wants to just go for it now, but the practical side is saying I should probably hold out a bit longer to get a better feel for whatever this new character brings to the table.  Do we have a good guesstimate on how much longer that will be?
    I get that. I’m definitely an X-Men guy myself. The endless stream of Avengers was once annoying but now it is our time to shine ;)

I went for these current three for precisely that reason, also the fact none of them are actually bad sweetens the pot. Storm is fun to play too, if that matters to you, it does to me. 

Maybe wait and see as has been discussed though. I’m impulsive with my gameplay choices, and that has bitten me before.
  • Zirtak_the_Second
    Zirtak_the_Second Posts: 28 Just Dropped In
    Tony_Foot said:
    It’s getting frustrating how good four star releases are but fives just suck. 650 pulls and counting.
    This. Hoarding is fun and all, but without a tangible goal and a poor outlook it gets frustrating indeed. 
  • BuzzedLightbeer
    edited October 2019
    Daredevil217 and jp1, thanks so much!  I guess I will try to remain patient a little longer.  I get that it makes sense, just in case this new character does end up being better than initially advertised.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 and jp1, thanks so much!  I guess I will try to remain patient a little longer.  I get that it makes sense, just in case this new character does end up being better than initially advertised.
    Also, though rare, we have gotten pre-release buffs (and nerfs). So there’s a small chance they realize 1 strike and 1 attack is too little and they up it before he’s released. Or maybe make the heal true heal. Something. Because as it stands now he seems very meh.