New Feature Coming - Targeting Heroes

Comments

• dokiy
    dokiy Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    I really hope this isn’t shards, but that’s what it sounds like. One of the best things about MPQ is that you can play a character at 1 cover. I don’t want to have to get shards before being able to play.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    shardwick said:
    @IceIX

Once progress is achieved towards a character, will we be able to choose which color cover we get of that character?
    Well, going off of the image that was posted it looks like a purple cover was targeted. So my biggest questions would be how many characters in a tier can be targeted at once and if one character can be targeted for multiple covers at a time. 
    I hope you're right. However, the purple could just be the color of the feature in general. Much like when you choose a player for bonus hero, it turns yellow...but that has nothing to do with getting a yellow cover
    I always thought it was an odd choice to go with yellow over something like red which is associated with a heart. If the character used was someone else like OML or another non-purple user then yeah I could see purple being a default color for all characters.

@dokiy I don't think it'll be that. Can you imagine the sheer outrage if you needed shards to even obtain one character in a time where the devs have acknowledged that dilution is a problem?
  • BigSoftieFF
    BigSoftieFF Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    Anything that helps target specific heroes is all good by me. Look forward to the news!
  • Vins2
    Vins2 Posts: 183 Tile Toppler
    "Next couple of weeks" can't come soon enough!
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,698 Chairperson of the Boards
    So now we have days of the same thing, people asking when this is coming, Demanding more news and hoarding tokens in fear of missing out on something.

Good news is it stops people banging on about feeders.  :p
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,568 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sounds intriguing and I assume with all this talk of baldness it can only mean 5* Moondragon incoming - confirmed!
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sounds promising. Very VERY important for the success of this,

CAN WE USE THIS WITH ANY RARITY CHAR? 5 INCLUDED?

There is 0 ways of getting 5s other than opening LTs (or buying them for crazy amount of CP), so I hope there is a new way of getting a particular 5 char.

• PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,716 Chairperson of the Boards
    Polares said:
    Sounds promising. Very VERY important for the success of this,

CAN WE USE THIS WITH ANY RARITY CHAR? 5 INCLUDED?

There is 0 ways of getting 5s other than opening LTs (or buying them for crazy amount of CP), so I hope there is a new way of getting a particular 5 char.

Im assuming yes, but only cause the cynic in me now wonders when the even-harder-to-obtain, more-expensive CP-wise 6* characters will appear.  ;)
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,698 Chairperson of the Boards
    So my question would be why not just tweak and adjust as required BH rates? Why go to this extra trouble when the easy fix is there. 

Money. New ways have to be found to take money, I get that. I think people are in for a shock if they think this is a free feature.
  • maguirenumber6
    maguirenumber6 Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    Hopefully I can use this new system to find/earn the third yellow cover I need to champ Old Man Logan :-)
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,568 Chairperson of the Boards
    I could also see this feature being cool if it ONLY helped you go from 0->13 covers, rather than for grinding out champ levels. In that sense it would be a solid catch-up strategy to help stimulate the Middle Class of transitioners, rather than something that just helps the Haves have more. 
    That definitely feels like a fair compromise to me. Bonus Heroes can chase bonus champ levels (the colour of the cover is irrelevant for that purpose), this hopefully will help get characters completed.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    While new avenues to acquiring characters is always welcome news, until we get more concrete details I do think it would be wise to temper one's expectations.
    This should be repeated with any news from the devs.  
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    While new avenues to acquiring characters is always welcome news, until we get more concrete details I do think it would be wise to temper one's expectations.
    Exactly this. You just know you are going to have to finish top 10 in a PVE to earn one token towards a cover. To earn that cover will require you to earn 100 tokens. 
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    So basically treat it like it's Anniversary.
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    Now the real question is... can you target villains ;)

But, really, as long as it's not tied to a VIP tier or hard spending, it should be a net positive.  I remember those threads that popped up in our neck of the woods a few months ago re: the VIP tiers in there Magic game.  
  • liminal_lad
    liminal_lad Posts: 459 Mover and Shaker
    Coming from a mod, I can't tell if this means "I know something you don't know and you're going to be disappointed" or just "I don't want you guys getting yourselves worked up when we don't know any details."