DDQ COT: Elektra Blade-a-loo!

ZootSax
ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
This one took me a few tries, once because I forgot to deny black and twice for unfortunately-timed cascades for the Daywalker.  I finally got my powers going and 100% denied black for the win.   

The LT gave a blue Punisher MAX.

Comments

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    This one's all about denying black. If you let Blade get ahead there, he's gonna start syphoning away all your purple as well, and things go downhill fast. If, on the other hand, you get the black, you're taking no damage and slapping him back every turn, because Shadow Step is awesome in a one-on-one.
    Token was a champ level for some 4*. Can't remember who.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    This fight was unusual for me, as I had to take a phone call just after I started the fight. While concentrating on the call, I forgot that I was playing a "special" fight, and just went through the usual match-3 motions on auto-pilot. When the call ended I was surprised to see that I had won without firing a single power - Chewie saved the day. 

My reward was a champ level for Coulson, BUT, much more excitingly, hanging on to his coat-tails was a bonus Ronin! That brought him up to 271, cycled him out of my bonus hero selection, and left me with a fresh and shiny new legendary token to open tomorrow. 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    Elektra is through pure RNG one of my higher covered 4* (something like 296) and so she was always pretty comfortable. I got red very quickly and that started battering Blade, he was down to half health having barely scratched me when I got black too and it was game over for him.
  • Ares76
    Ares76 Posts: 227 Tile Toppler
    Lost on my 1st try with a level 301 Elektra. She's heavily dependent on a good board. Put out red trap tiles that got matched away by Blade. Put out black trap tiles that were eaten up by a cascade. I gathered only enough purple AP to do the strike-tile thingie once...but Blade had no strike tiles out for me to steal the whole match and I could't cast it another time because Blade's repeater was sitting in a corner stealing my purple AP. 
    Second time had a good board where the trap tiles ended up in the corner and I beat him easily.
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
    Took three tries. Had lousy boards. Forth try I made it. LT was, well, not a five star...