Feedergate

124»

Comments

• pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    There are many tiers to this game, but IMHO, the biggest two being 4*-land and 5*-land.  The two will never see eye to eye because both tiers are so different.

Play long enough and you'll eventually see what it's like on the other side...
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,895 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2019
    pheregas said:
    There are many tiers to this game, but IMHO, the biggest two being 4*-land and 5*-land.  The two will never see eye to eye because both tiers are so different.

Play long enough and you'll eventually see what it's like on the other side...
    I can attest to this. I used to fight for the 4* tier. Now I’m a champion for good!
  • crackninja
    crackninja Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker
    In a way you are both arguing the same thing, just at different tiers, since 5* feeders are the best answer we have for dilution at the 5* tier.  2 of each cover, guaranteed, as long as you level up the 4*.
  • Chrynos1989
    Chrynos1989 Posts: 296 Mover and Shaker
    edited October 2019
    Honestly, yes feeders are a luxury as someone already stated, but look how to get certain 5*: bonus heroes, certain stores for new 5* releases and Hfh, classic legends isn’t really a choice since the 5* dilution in that store is so massive, the chance of getting a certain char is below 1%. So feeders are actually the only way to finally champ older 5*. So not getting even one feeder during something like anniversary is a bit of a let down. But hey, Xmas is coming and I’m hopeful
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,904 Chairperson of the Boards
    KGB said:
    So what would it take for people that were disappointed to now be satisfied, or dare I say happy with the anniversary?  I find it hard to believe that announcing a late breaking Banner feeder would tip the scales, but maybe it would for some?
    I wasn't disappointed by anniversary (I don't need 5* feeders because I'm only in 4* land).

So for me, I'd like the solution to dilution. That would benefit the 4 and 5 star tiers and it's long long overdue.

KGB
    You may be in 4 star land now, but when you begin the transition to 5 star land, you're going to want more of those 4-stars you've previously champed to give you some additional covers for 5 stars, as 5 star covers are definitely harder to come by in this diluted pool of draws we're making...
    Will I though? I mean I've got a bunch of really old mostly useless 5* with 1-3 covers. That's enough to play PvE with. They'd never be used for PvP because they aren't anything close to Meta. So other than completing for completeness sake why would I care if I got 1-2 more covers for them?

I've got 3 fully covered 5s and will cover a few more in the next couple months and once I get Kitty/Okoye fully covered (10 and 11 covers) I can make the move to 5* land with 8-10 fully covered top characters. That's all I'd ever use in 5* PvP.

If I really want to cover some old dusty 5* I can always wait until they are in a release store and spend some CP.

KGB
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,068 Chairperson of the Boards
    KGB said:
    KGB said:
    So what would it take for people that were disappointed to now be satisfied, or dare I say happy with the anniversary?  I find it hard to believe that announcing a late breaking Banner feeder would tip the scales, but maybe it would for some?
    I wasn't disappointed by anniversary (I don't need 5* feeders because I'm only in 4* land).

So for me, I'd like the solution to dilution. That would benefit the 4 and 5 star tiers and it's long long overdue.

KGB
    You may be in 4 star land now, but when you begin the transition to 5 star land, you're going to want more of those 4-stars you've previously champed to give you some additional covers for 5 stars, as 5 star covers are definitely harder to come by in this diluted pool of draws we're making...
    Will I though? I mean I've got a bunch of really old mostly useless 5* with 1-3 covers. That's enough to play PvE with. They'd never be used for PvP because they aren't anything close to Meta. So other than completing for completeness sake why would I care if I got 1-2 more covers for them?

I've got 3 fully covered 5s and will cover a few more in the next couple months and once I get Kitty/Okoye fully covered (10 and 11 covers) I can make the move to 5* land with 8-10 fully covered top characters. That's all I'd ever use in 5* PvP.

If I really want to cover some old dusty 5* I can always wait until they are in a release store and spend some CP.

KGB

I have every Meta 5 except Thor. You will probably still want some other 5s once you make the leap, mostly because every other tier becomes almost entirely useless.

I have Wa5p fully covered and may even eventually champ her....well, maybe not her.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,895 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ehh. I mean if he’s mostly using 3-6 characters in the 4* tier, he’s probably not going to change in the 5* tier. Some players only hoard for and chase the meta and just want the best tools for getting rewards. Nothing wrong with that. 

For me personally, I love getting new characters to play with even if not meta. And really love when new characters play well with non-meta folks and make them better. Like, I’m excited to one day cover Gambit (hopefully with a feeder *ahem*) now that I have I have Storm. Getting Wolverine was exciting to have another option for Xavier and Kitty. I love having the meta options for when I just need a quick hop, but creating fun team combos is probably my favorite thing. Feeders absolutely make this game more enjoyable for me. 
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,068 Chairperson of the Boards
    I suppose if it suits someone’s play style...

I can’t think of anything more boring for myself though, chasing and champing even niche 5s is the whole fun of it. What do you want the rewards for if you are done chasing as soon as you have Okoye, Kitty, Thor, and Thanos? To each their own, but if I felt like that I’m not sure I’d even bother transitioning to 5*s.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,904 Chairperson of the Boards
    Daredevil is correct that I mostly just use 4-6 characters in the 4* tier and then the boosted ones to do the last 100 points or so to reach 900 in PvP. So yeah, that's unlikely to change in 5* land. Real life commitments limit my gaming time so I don't have a lot of time to experiment with other teams.

On the other hand, I love building my characters and getting covers for them even though I don't use them. For me it's not the kill, it's the thrill of the chase. So I don't want to actually ever catch up and have every character fully covered and max champed. When I play RPG games like Dragon Age or Elder Scrolls I'm always sad when I reach the end (after completing every side quest) that there is nothing more to do. That's what I like about MPQ, the fact that there is always another character to acquire or another tier enter.

KGB