It's time for routine 5* Boosts in PvP, could help to disrupt current meta's

RickOShay
RickOShay Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
We need a fair 5* Character Boost in PvP.

It could be for the week, which would go along with the weekly boosted 4* etc. Or, it could be per event as we do in PvE.

I'm Not suggesting that they receive the God-Mode Boost that new 5* characters get, that system doesn't need to change.

But, some fair level boost, maybe 25 - 30 levels?  It needs to be higher than the minor 10 or so levels that 5*'s generally get in themed PvP events. 

This would pad some health, change the way specific characters tank over each other, and perhaps create some space for imagination with teams in PvP.  Hopefully this could disrupt certain meta teams if the boosted character now has more of a fighting chance in the battle.

What do you all think? 
More health could be a concern to the dev's when considering health pack use, but if it's the same character used in PvE that could actually increase health pack use to some extent. 

This boost increase wouldn't help much with the jump-in-front character dilemma, but then again you'd have more health to potentially shrug off (to Bishop or HCap for example).

What level boost increase would be fair or interesting? 

Should this go in the suggestions section? Just realized that.

Comments

• jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,068 Chairperson of the Boards
    I like the idea. To be honest though, 30 levels isn’t a deterrent for me to hit another team. I think 50 might be better.
  • Basepuzzler
    Basepuzzler Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    50 has a chance to shake things up.
  • theomen
    theomen Posts: 99 Match Maker
    Great idea, especially if they aren't planning on rebalancing older characters anytime soon.
  • Sm0keyJ0e
    Sm0keyJ0e Posts: 730 Critical Contributor
    Like many other great ideas floating around here, this has been mentioned many times in the past. Not sure if they're waiting for some magical number of 5*'s to be in existence, but I do agree we're due for a 5* boost rotation. 50 levels seems about right. Get those with low champs into the low 500 range so they're actually usable.

I can imagine an event where Surfer is boosted and maybe, just maybe, we don't see so many BIshops that event...
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think it would be interesting to have 1-2 5* boosted for a week.  The question is how would it effect the PVP meta of Thor Okoye and gritty kitty?

so let’s say Surfer is buffed 50 levels.  Would a level 500 surfer and additional 5* be a good defensive team and scare off a Thor Okoye team?  The answer is no since Thor Okoye can easily punch up.  gritty Kitty can also punch up against bigger level players.

i like the idea of a 5* buff as long as it comes with eventual balance changes to shake up the meta.  Hopefully buffs to weaker 5* instead of just nerfing the current meta 
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards
    wymtime said:
    I think it would be interesting to have 1-2 5* boosted for a week.  The question is how would it effect the PVP meta of Thor Okoye and gritty kitty?

so let’s say Surfer is buffed 50 levels.  Would a level 500 surfer and additional 5* be a good defensive team and scare off a Thor Okoye team?  The answer is no since Thor Okoye can easily punch up.  gritty Kitty can also punch up against bigger level players.

i like the idea of a 5* buff as long as it comes with eventual balance changes to shake up the meta.  Hopefully buffs to weaker 5* instead of just nerfing the current meta 
    There will never be a good defensive team unless your defending against teams 2 tiers below.  Gritty bishop is no deterrent to players experienced at that tier.  I have no doubts that a 500 surfer plus some char that synergizes charged tiles will consistently win a majority of matches vs thorokye etc..
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have been asking for that for a while now, repeatedly. It is so obvious this would help the PvP meta so much (as it did to 4 PvP meta back when there was less than 100 chars).

You dont want Gritty and Thoryoke in every match? Give me a 550 level Spidey or 550 Blackbolt and I will obliterate those.

PS: Bishop and Worthy Cap still need a nerf though.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    OJSP said:
    Polares said:
    I have been asking for that for a while now, repeatedly. It is so obvious this would help the PvP meta so much (as it did to 4 PvP meta back when there was less than 100 chars).

You dont want Gritty and Thoryoke in every match? Give me a 550 level Spidey or 550 Blackbolt and I will obliterate those.

PS: Bishop and Worthy Cap still need a nerf though.
    What happens when Kitty Thor and Okoye got boosted? The 550s become 650s?
    if they are boosted people will use them exactly the same than now. But at least on the Gritty side, it will be just Kitty boosted. And if Devs are not stupid they won't boost Thor and Okoye on the same week.

In either case, it would still be better than what we have now.