R189 Release Notes (10/15/19)

LakeStone
LakeStone Posts: 1,377 Community Moderator

Hi Everyone -

Thanks for an awesome sixth anniversary!

Here are the Release Notes for the R189 update.

R189!

"The | Partnership |"

What's Changed:

• Retaliation missions in Versus events will appear in any available mission location.
  • Fixed an issue where the time remaining on some Heroes for Hire bundles were missing.
  • Fixed an issue where the cooldown of shields was invisible.

Thank you!

Tagged:

Comments

• pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    “Awesome”

/sarcasm
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,237 Chairperson of the Boards

What's Changed:

• Retaliation missions in Versus events will appear in any available mission location.
    Can anyone explain how this is changing from prior behavior?
  • MrEd95
    MrEd95 Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    Most likely a 5*, and the partnership probably means a link up with another recent character. 5* magneto? Or maybe a fat Thor (spidey and cap both have 2 5* variants, so it’s not implausible)

my vote is for magneto personally
  • fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,907 Chairperson of the Boards
    MrEd95 said:
    Most likely a 5*, and the partnership probably means a link up with another recent character. 5* magneto? Or maybe a fat Thor (spidey and cap both have 2 5* variants, so it’s not implausible)

my vote is for magneto personally
    Oh wow! Both Dude Warrior Thor and Magneto are on the top of my "Please make into an amazingly awesome 5* please" list. Since you are voting for Magneto, I will tip my hat to Dude Thor but honestly I would be happy with either one (as long as they were awesome, of course).

• Steel_Colt
    Steel_Colt Posts: 277 Mover and Shaker
    Partnership with Disney, 5* Mickey Mouse confirmed. 
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    The Thick as Thieves “partnership” node is Magneto and the Hood, so maybe they’ll be a new, Cloak&Daggar-style 5* that literally no one asked for...
  • purplemur
    purplemur Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    I read this as the absolute value of partnership:
    -5* Carnage- He is in the comics right now all powered up n stuffs
    -Fitz&Simmons they got married
    -5* Magneto - his partnership with Chas and the xmen while sometimes negative repercussions is still a positive value for mutantkind  
    - Damage Control: a group type char- they repair the damage after the big battles: so thats a partnership with the avengers i guess ( reaching cuz they just released the new VR game and are hyping it heavy)
    - opposites being the Wrecking Crew
    - Similarly I gonna keep throwing it out there: The Warriors Three!

glad to see some bugs are being looked at;
    But boy howdy it seems like scrapping the bottom to come up with these 3 little things. 

• leoperez90
    leoperez90 Posts: 66 Match Maker
    the partnership? literally can be anyone but i want fat thor!!!
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    purplemur said:

heard some talk a few weeks back that carnage would be the next 5*
  • Kletvar
    Kletvar Posts: 91 Match Maker
    jredd said:
    purplemur said:

heard some talk a few weeks back that carnage would be the next 5*
    I also read about Carnage being the next 5*. I want 5* Magneto, but i'm sure the next 5* will be Carnage.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2019
    I've never liked Carnage, the Marvel Comics character, but Carnage the 4* MPQ character is mechanically interesting, so hopefully a potential 5* Carnage will also be so.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,569 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've never liked Carnage, the Marvel Comics character, but Carnage the 4* MPQ character is mechanically interesting, so hopefully a potential 5* Carnage will also be so.
    I truly hate both Carnage and Venom as characters but certainly a 5* Carnage could be all sorts of crazy.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2019
    I think Venom is a cool looking monster visually, but carnage is just lazy. He just looks like somebody spilled ink on a page, and then they tightened up the face a little with a ballpoint pen. Maybe he is kind of supposed to look like a Rorshach Test? Also conceptually he is lazy too - "Guys.Venom is cool and all, but this isn't XXXXXtreeeeeeme enough for the 90s. what if (stay with me), there was an evil suit that ALSO had (and here is the kicker)....an evil HOST! They'd be Double Bad Guys!"
  • bluewolf
    Carnage sucks, the first big storyline (Maximum Carnage) basically forced a discussion on why Spider-Man should have killed him.  I don't want Spidey to be there....Comics in the 90s weren't very good in general.  You had Maximum Carnage leading into the Clone Saga.....basically makes you wonder if Marvel was trying to ruin Spider-man for some reason back then.
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 967 Critical Contributor
    I loved the look and feel of Carnage as an ignorant 90's teen, but soon realized the wasted potential in his character.
    I have not picked up a single |Absolute Carnage| comic this year (and don't intend to).
    I'm cringing at the thought of how they will handle him in the Venom 2 movie, but have hopes that MPQ can do something unique with him if he is, in fact, the next 5* char. The clue sure feels like it's him.
  • bluewolf
    I loved the look and feel of Carnage as an ignorant 90's teen, but soon realized the wasted potential in his character.
    I have not picked up a single |Absolute Carnage| comic this year (and don't intend to).
    I'm cringing at the thought of how they will handle him in the Venom 2 movie, but have hopes that MPQ can do something unique with him if he is, in fact, the next 5* char. The clue sure feels like it's him.
    The worst parts of the Venom movie, for me, were the symbiote fights.  Just goo and confusion everywhere.  The early parts, and anywhere Hardy wasn't covered by CGI, were much better.

That said, Woody Harrelson as Carnage has some appeal....I just hope they don't think they need to up the symbiote fight ante, but I assume they will since sequels are all about "MORE!".
  • DAZ0273
    edited October 2019
    bluewolf said:
    Carnage sucks, the first big storyline (Maximum Carnage) basically forced a discussion on why Spider-Man should have killed him.  I don't want Spidey to be there....Comics in the 90s weren't very good in general.  You had Maximum Carnage leading into the Clone Saga.....basically makes you wonder if Marvel was trying to ruin Spider-man for some reason back then.
    Not so much intentional but through a lot of poor decision and U Turns.

I don't think it is too much of a co-incidence that the Clone Saga intersected with the "5 Editors in Chief" period of Marvel Comics. Storytellling was thrown out of the window as not only did Marvel compete with their competitors but the Editors were driven to fight with each other over sales and creative talent and to push as many gimmicks as they could. Writer Dan Jurgens had proposed to Bob Budiansky the EiC of Spidey titles to finish the Clone Saga and reinstate Parker but then the 5 Editors position was dissolved less than a year after it was implemented and Bob Harass as the new EiC put a kibosh onThe Clone Saga's intended ending leading to Jurgens to resign and everything a complete mess. And of course bankruptcy followed on for Marvel...
  • bluewolf
    Which eventually led to the great Sony-Marvel drama......

It's all Bob Harras' fault!  
  • DAZ0273
    bluewolf said:
    Which eventually led to the great Sony-Marvel drama......

It's all Bob Harras' fault!  
    This is true!