In a Vacuum, What is the single strongest power in the game?

Options
IIAlonditeII
IIAlonditeII Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
I know this isn't "useful" and is more just fun/thought, but what would you consider the most powerful single power in the game? Not accounting for combos with other characters, or the other powers on a given character, what power is the strongest in and of itself?

Some obvious contenders include C4rols Black and 4Groot's Passive, as well as Tho5's Green.

What do you think?

Comments

• crackninja
    crackninja Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    My vote is for Thor's green...assuming the passive is activated (because why else use him) he gives you 5 free ap every turn, guaranteed to be in colors Thor himself can use, does the board shake thing that many people undervalue, and offers a strong AOE option.
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm very partial to healing. I would say 5* daredevils yellow. He can stay around 20k health and just keep pumping out strikes. It ramps up to very dangerous if your not careful.
  • Vins2
    Vins2 Posts: 183 Tile Toppler
    edited October 2019
    Options
    4* Iceman's blue is still really strong to me, especially paired with a damage component that you can choose to use, or save for another long stun.  Nothing much has compared, maybe Gamora's since it is just as cheap and stuns a random, so it could maybe tag an invisible character.  I think that's saved me once before. 

One on one, maybe Elektra's shadow step.  Or Kitty's automatic overwrite.
  • crackninja
    crackninja Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I've always loved me some Gamma Bomb.
    If not the strongest (admittedly, some is left to RNG luck) it's at least gotta be the funnest. 
    This is probably my favorite team up power to use...mad chaos and then the match is over.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Best AOE Court Death.  It does really big AOE damage and stuns for 2 turns.

best single target damage Coup de Grace as it can 1 shot a 6* without Okoye.

under rated powers Green Goblins Black 23k damage for 8AP

• Friarbundy
    Friarbundy Posts: 118 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Snarky Remark.  (That joke works on a couple of levels)
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,069 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Have to agree with whales. Second is probably Gamora’s insta kill.

My favorite overall character to take into a 1v1 is GEDoom though. He is very versatile and self sustaining. I’ve been surprised how effective he is against almost anyone in a single toon battle. The right synergy and he enters the Meta with ease.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,547 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    See, Gamma Bomb is great, but you really need a 5* or for him to be boosted to take advantage of the insane match damage. 

It's probably whales. No one has caused me more pain than C4rol's black, though. The insane RNG acrobatics the AI does to feed her retal AoE is creatively disheartening.
  • killahKlown
    killahKlown Posts: 578 Critical Contributor
    Options

Infinity War Cap - his red is the hardest hit in the game

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,165 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    5torm’s black with enough charge tiles out hits pretty hard, but I don’t know if it’s hands down the best.
  • Omegased
    Omegased Posts: 571 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Bang for buck, Vultures Green, whilst airborne hits super hard for a low amount of AP (as long as all characters are standing). It's one of the highest damage moves in the 4star tier. With that in mind, his black, AND blue is so damaging I would say Vulture on his own is the most dangerous.

I would also consider Prof5s purple to be one of the most dangerous. it's so versatile with only 1 instance of it being kinda useless (the purple choice). everything else is great for every type of scenario (big damage, board control, AOE, attack tiles, healing).
  • Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    Options
    With the OP's condition of not counting other characters or abilities on the same character... I'd go with Miles' purple. It does damage that's not capped, other than the size of the board, and it can keep him hidden at the same time. Of course, in practice, his yellow still greatly contributes to it, with passive AP gain and increasing the damage number, but still...
  • MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 982 Critical Contributor
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Incapacitate 

EDIT: Yeah, okay. It's Whales. Incapacitate is second.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Deadpool Whales

• purplemur
    purplemur Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    for a flavor pick: Imaginaut: I always feel like I am chasing Galactus away when I cast it. so much versatility 
    For the ai: Furious Charge; hits everytime for them
    For play: Fear Not, Mi Gente!