Bonus Hero Statistics

2»

Comments

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,928 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2019
    bluewolf said:
    As much as these explanations make sense, it feels bad to players (me) who think the bonus rate should be based on tier and not on token.

That may have been the point of doing it per token, to keep the bonus 5 rate lower than 5% in practice.  Who knows.

But the fact that it is basically impossible (or very improbable) to get a 5% bonus rate compared to your overall number of 5* covers is, well, it seems very unfair to me when I think most people would rightly assume that the 5% rate means per tier - since you are selecting your bonus character in each tier.

The way this is structured is very frustrating.  
    Since LT's are 100% eligible for a BH your 5* BH rate should be 5% of your 5* draws. So roughly every 134 LT's you should get 1 5* BH (134*.15*.05 = ~1.0).

134 tokens is a lot of tokens to open so unless you are cracking a big horde of 400+ (where you'd just expect 3 5* BH's) you aren't going to see many of them and it's going to feel like they never happen.

I went from Jan-Aug with no 5* BH and then I got 1 in Aug and 1 in Sept. Sadly for me both were useless BH's (a 6th cover on Kittys Red when I could have used anything else for Okoye or Kitty) so it feels like I didn't even get a 5* BH :'( .

KGB
  • The Viceroy Returns
    The Viceroy Returns Posts: 491 Mover and Shaker
    I've been keeping a Roster & Pull Spreadsheet for like 4+ years.
    My only problem with these stats is I don't know when I started these in this specific format.  At least 3 years ago tho.

Total EligibleBonus Pulled

Pull Rate8.56%
    "Eligible" meaning only from sources that could potentially give a Bonus Hero (so not Standards or Elites)

Bonus Hero Sources:

Tier
    Standard
    Pulled
    Out of
    %
    15.4%
    Elite801,92316.9%
    Heroic851,65414.6%
    Legendary
    661,16710.28%
    Misc804,93943.49%
    Misc is Event tokens, including 5-Star eligible ones like Fan Favorites

Bonus Heroes by Star Tier:
    Star
    ★★★
    # Pulled
    %
    59.9%
    ★★★★9637.4%
    ★★★★★72.7%

Legendary Pull Rate (not including any other 5-Star valid tokens)
    4-Star85.25%
    5-Star14.75%
    Total Pulled1,146

So....
    Out of 1,167 total Legendaires pulled, only 66 gave Bonus Heroes for ~10%.
    And then from that, out of 66 Legendaries that DID give a Bonus Hero, only 7 of those were 5-Star for a measly 2.7%. 
    And if I remember right 2 of these were "6th covers" and didn't help me get closer to cover maxing the character at all (I have a 2 8 2 Kitty Pride....).

So yes, 5-Star Bonus rate needs to be higher...
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,192 Chairperson of the Boards
    jp1 said:
    i didn't track my pull rates, but it took me about 10 months to get one 5 star bonus hero pull.
    Unfortunately, the same as my guess without knowing how many pulls you made over the 10 months it doesn’t really tell you much.

I kind of wish I had tracked my pulls. I certainly could go back and count all my 5* covers but I will never know how many pulls it took to get them.

That said, I definitely pull more than one in ten months...even though it doesn’t feel like it at times.

What's funny is I took screenshots of my last two bonus heroes. Last one was August 23,2019 and the previous one was November 16th 2018.

So just under 10 months between bonus heroes in the 5 star tier.
  • Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    edited October 2019
    I've been keeping a Roster & Pull Spreadsheet for like 4+ years.
    My only problem with these stats is I don't know when I started these in this specific format.  At least 3 years ago tho.

[snip]
    Just a reminder that new release special stores up to Spidey's (Peter Parker) had a single 5* in them with 10% chance of pulling it. Three plus years ago would still catch a few of those.

Then again, come to think of it, I'm not even sure when the Bonus Heros started anymore... :D
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,069 Chairperson of the Boards
    jp1 said:
    i didn't track my pull rates, but it took me about 10 months to get one 5 star bonus hero pull.
    Unfortunately, the same as my guess without knowing how many pulls you made over the 10 months it doesn’t really tell you much.

I kind of wish I had tracked my pulls. I certainly could go back and count all my 5* covers but I will never know how many pulls it took to get them.

That said, I definitely pull more than one in ten months...even though it doesn’t feel like it at times.

What's funny is I took screenshots of my last two bonus heroes. Last one was August 23,2019 and the previous one was November 16th 2018.

That’s tough times, sorry to hear that. Do you hoard?
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,192 Chairperson of the Boards
    jp1 said:
    jp1 said:

That’s tough times, sorry to hear that. Do you hoard?

Nope I don't hoard. It's incredibly boring to me. I should though, but I feel that opening tokens as you get them yields the same results, hoarding is more saving up for that special instance to unload the hoard.