Venom Heroic

Comments

• So they reset around 9 PM Pacific?
  • Bainee
    Bainee Posts: 139 Tile Toppler
    DumDumDugn wrote:
    So they reset around 9 PM Pacific?

Yes, 12 hours after it started 9 AM PST.
  • Bainee wrote:
    DumDumDugn wrote:
    So they reset around 9 PM Pacific?

Yes, 12 hours after it started 9 AM PST.

This makes it interesting for PST people if they want to wait until the very end, they have to get up fairly early to sneak the missions in before 9 am.
  • I got about halfway through my second set of missions and found myself in first place in my bracket. The best thing to do now is take a break and finish them up in the morning, right?
  • Almost feel disappointed to already have all the progression rewards, knowing how insane the competition for the rank awards will be.
  • Yeah... this is messed up... I did the missions i can do (only like 5 of em) ... this morning for 5 TP each... now every mission is atleast 100 for the easier ones and 200 for the "impossible" ones...

EDIT: best team i can muster is IM35 (50), Jugg (40) , Cpt. America (3x) .... :/....
  • Bainee wrote:
    I am getting 200 points per mission now that the missions reset.

I am going to wait to do them till tomorrow morning.

Someone else can do all the work and I will reap the benefits.

Do you mean 200 for all the missions together or each fight?
  • greggray24 wrote:
    Bainee wrote:
    I am getting 200 points per mission now that the missions reset.

I am going to wait to do them till tomorrow morning.

Someone else can do all the work and I will reap the benefits.

Do you mean 200 for all the missions together or each fight?

100-300 each mission. It's ridiculous.
  • Misguided wrote:
    100-300 each mission. It's ridiculous.

Something is wrong. The patch note says:
    Points per mission have a rubber banding effect depending on your overall placement (ignoring brackets). This means that if your score is lower than the average for the position that you're in, your missions will be worth more compared to others in that same position. IE, if Bracket Alpha's 1st place has 750 points and Bracket Zeta has 500, Zeta's 1st will gain more points from missions to equalize brackets. This will filter down to lower ratings as well, since naturally in that case, 50th would necessarily be lower in Zeta compared to Alpha. This has the effect of allowing brackets to push higher as a group to achieve the further out rewards.

That is not what we are seeing. I was in 1st with 209pts. Other brackets 1st place people are much higher from what I am reading here and in those brackets people are getting more pts for one fight then I got for all of them put together. I think the devs need to look at this because something is broken.
  • I'm ranked #2 I my bracket with 1313 points now. Have three 200 point missions and one 300 point mission left. Despite that huge point gains they should raise the progression rewards to 5000-10000 I'd say...
    And btw, I'm running 33 spidey (3-2-1), 14 widow (3-1) and 32 wolvie (5-3-5).

Opened the anti venom pack 4 times yesterday and got a yellow spidey, my last red wolvie, purple widow and a **** captain. Guess it was worth the 1200 points icon_e_smile.gif
  • I was ranked first in my bracket with like 441 points at 12 am.

I'm not ranked 6th with 1585 (first is 2243). Crazy rubberbanding.
  • I'm thinkin there was a glitch in the rubber banding.
  • Shikao wrote:
    I must say that my high level Wolverine (Astonishing, 5/3/5) was the key to beating the missions without bigger problems. With boosters (+3 all AP, +3 blue/purple) I can win both repeatable missions all time, however they take bit long to complete.
    Currently I will be pouring iso into my Spidey (1/3/2) so he can take some beating just in case. Lvl 14 BW is there only to steal ap from my opponents icon_e_wink.gif (also she is only available character with purple skill).

Also I have the great honour to be with Polkio in one bracket icon_razz.gif

Shikao - you do wonderful job on this forum, your skill compendium is amaizing, It is my pleasure to play with you in same bracket.
    I will not push for first place. Looks like there is some wierd point per level calculation (2100 first place in our bracket) so don't think that extra 500hp per 1-2 place is worth it .
    But don't know what my wife will do icon_e_smile.gif
  • Polkio wrote:
    Shikao - you do wonderful job on this forum, your skill compendium is amaizing, It is my pleasure to play with you in same bracket.

Thank you icon_e_biggrin.gif
    Polkio wrote:
    I will not push for first place. Looks like there is some wierd point per level calculation (2100 first place in our bracket) so don't think that extra 500hp per 1-2 place is worth it .

I wanted to see with whom I will be in bracket before deciding on my goal. 500HP would be great, but I don't think I can grind so much 2nd week in row, so I will be happy with top 30 (top 15 is only yellow IM40 more and by end of Heroic I should need only red one)
    Polkio wrote:

Oh yeah, I forgot that when you face Polkio, you fight against two people icon_razz.gif You could take watches and play 24h/day icon_e_wink.gif Do you want to tell me that 5k in Unstable was her doing?
  • Shamusyeah wrote:
    I'm thinkin there was a glitch in the rubber banding.

Looks like the glitch has hit my bracket now. Getting 100 plus for a match. Crazy.

EDIT - got back into first place and now the same mission is 5pts. Guess I'll wait until lim passed again.
  • Thanks to that glitch, my Wolvie's green and red powers are lv5 now, and I got a red Ragnarok cover that I've been dreaming for a long time from the heroic token it rewarded me.
    Anyone else agree with me that Black Widow Original's purple power better stays at lv1?
  • Grazzt wrote:
    Thanks to that glitch, my Wolvie's green and red powers are lv5 now, and I got a red Ragnarok cover that I've been dreaming for a long time from the heroic token it rewarded me.
    Anyone else agree with me that Black Widow Original's purple power better stays at lv1?

It is more efficient at lvl 2 than lvl 1 but not as accessible. 12/7 > 8/5

Edit: assuming you make full use of it
  • nihilium
    nihilium Posts: 242
    Can someone explain to me how the reset works? o.o

I mean I did the missions I was able to do over 12 hours ago, and I thought after reset I should be able to do them again?
    I got a message about reset something or the other, but the missions are still locked x.x

An explanation how this works fo a noob, pretty please? icon_e_sad.gif
  • Shikao wrote:
    Polkio wrote:

Thank you icon_e_biggrin.gif
    Polkio wrote:

I wanted to see with whom I will be in bracket before deciding on my goal. 500HP would be great, but I don't think I can grind so much 2nd week in row, so I will be happy with top 30 (top 15 is only yellow IM40 more and by end of Heroic I should need only red one)
    Polkio wrote:

Oh yeah, I forgot that when you face Polkio, you fight against two people icon_razz.gif You could take watches and play 24h/day icon_e_wink.gif Do you want to tell me that 5k in Unstable was her doing?

5k in unstable was our job. 15k in first heroic was also our job. Avengers tournament for now is only her job (we are also in the same bracket Shikao)
  • mytisbrewin
    mytisbrewin Posts: 439 Mover and Shaker
    I went to bed in first place and then woke up to see I was 2000 points off top!

I can't say I am a fan of the point fluctuations especially by such large amounts. It made the first round of scoring almost irrelevant in the overall total. I would prefer a set amount per mission in each round and then maybe vary the points in subsequent rounds by changing up the opponents you face. It did make the progression rewards easy to get.