Your WORST MPQ moment of the day (REALITY thread)

Comments

• BigSoftieFF
    BigSoftieFF Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    Realizing we’re back to pick 3 PvP.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Realizing we’re back to pick 3 PvP.
    Health pack pvp. :)
  • purplemur
    purplemur Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    Waiting to read details on new PVE event; but the ingame preview pops up and I check out the write-up, see the boost lists and the first disappointment hits:  none of those reqd work well at all, but then I scroll down the rewards and I see a tinykitty tinykitty piece of tinykitty YELLOW cover for Torch!!!!! 

Bad enough that he is reqd for shield training since there haven’t been enough chances to earn him through events. And he was new status until the anniversary started so couldn’t even BH but ANOTHER yellow cover???

I could deal with Tasky red and tasky red and tasky red and tasky red and tasky red but this is just grinding the boot at our necks. How can we have a fighting chance at combatting dilution if they create artificial scarcity? 
  • BigSoftieFF
    BigSoftieFF Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    Realizing that as patheticly nonexistent communication was with the former mouthpiece at the helm it has somehow gotten worse.
  • Magipink
    Magipink Posts: 30 Just Dropped In
    1st one : i was 2 points short to reach Dino's pvp top10 (SCL9). That was already bad but the worst is i missed a non-red cover for Taskmaster. And as yesterday the 40x pack i bought from the Anniversary vault gaves me my 12th cover, i should have him champed instead being a 5/3/4 with 3 dupes. grrrr
    At least i'm still able to get the blue cover from the 19 items left in this vault and a chance of another 40x pack in a reseted one (i got 5800 hp right now)

2nd one : yesterday i picked as usual the last slice for the pvp, Lost in time this week end. That mean for me end of sub at 7:59 am and the new sub starts at 8am. today i realised that sunday i will be on the road at this time and i could have avoided all trouble by picking an evening  slice :(
    I hope i will be able to get all the progression rewards because placement is dead so is 3 covers for the new character

Bonus one (a little bad moment) : i play as much LR as possible and I win a good amount of heroics. 2 LR from the end this week and still no 4* nor BH 3* :(
  • AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    edited October 2019
    Finished my final clear of the final node of DP v MPQ about 5 seconds too late. It would have been the difference between top 10 and top 5. Not that it would have got my torch shield training ready or anything. Also, because I hadn’t previewed the lightning round, when I entered it there were no seeds. What a rubbish few minutes that was. 
  • abenness
    abenness Posts: 228 Tile Toppler
    edited October 2019
    In a very competitive bracket, I was beaten in the final sub by 1 point by another player.  I had gone into the sub with a 1-point lead on him, so we ended up 5th and 6th overall, with the same score. And he had scored that final point before I did...
    Oh cruel mistress fate :)
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Finished DP vs. MPQ with about 30 seconds to spare in 10th place. I thought, "I should tap something to get an extra point or two." However, I had no nodes worth any points that I could reliably complete in such a short amount of time.

I went ahead and started the new event and eventually saw the rewards screen come up: T20 in SCL9. No green cover, which would have allowed me to champ Torch. After my clears, I checked to see my final placement: 11th place... by one point. 😐😑🙄😞😡
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards
    I just opened 24 elites and every one was a 2*. Not so much of a "worst moment" as a what is going on with that? Never seen a run like that on Elites before. I assume it is just RNG and they haven't run out of "budget" for 3*....
  • 0zfest
    0zfest Posts: 50 Match Maker
    Earned the new human torch Jim Hammond character, opened the cover, paid the 100 hero coins. go to the node specific to him and the game tells me I need that character. like customer services would have this fixed for me before the tourn is over and I loose my shot at the top 100 and the new spiderman 2099 cover ? Great job guys !
    We love you 3000 !
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    I just realized that for the first time in any anniversary so far no anniversary tokens gave me Devil Dinosaur covers.  Sure I got Dino champ levels from other sources, including the costume offer, but it’s both annoying and improbable that ~40 tokens (I only did the daily deal plus whatever I won in events) left me Dino-less.  Oh well, may that be the worst thing to happen to me this week..
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    ZootSax said:
    I just realized that for the first time in any anniversary so far no anniversary tokens gave me Devil Dinosaur covers.  Sure I got Dino champ levels from other sources, including the costume offer, but it’s both annoying and improbable that ~40 tokens (I only did the daily deal plus whatever I won in events) left me Dino-less.  Oh well, may that be the worst thing to happen to me this week..
    Damn I got like five from my vault and another two from the post Anniversary vault.
  • abenness
    abenness Posts: 228 Tile Toppler
    Realising that my bonus rewards were inactive, and I needed to make a purchase... the day after the Hero Point sale finished.  Bummer, my $2.99 could have gotten me an extra 60 HP yesterday.
  • Freelancer
    Freelancer Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
    Encountered two bugs during Webbed Wonder that has destroyed any chance of good placement...
    First I got the blank reward screen, which burned enough time to cause me to miss my final node clear.
    Second I got the display bug where it showed my node at 3/6 and when I won the battle, it showed 5/6.
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,368 Chairperson of the Boards
    After months, I finally got a bonus 5* from a pull again. But it's a blue cover for my 3/4/6 Jessica Jones. Boo.

I think I might just set my 5* bh to my 3/1/2 Doom or my 1/2/2 Hawkeye, just in order to prevent future disappointment of receiving a cover in a color I already have 5 in again.

Sigh.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    DeNappa said:
    After months, I finally got a bonus 5* from a pull again. But it's a blue cover for my 3/4/6 Jessica Jones. Boo.

I think I might just set my 5* bh to my 3/1/2 Doom or my 1/2/2 Hawkeye, just in order to prevent future disappointment of receiving a cover in a color I already have 5 in again.

Sigh.
    Yeah, there's no way I'd put someone with 5 in a colour as my 5* BH. Too much chance for Murphy's Law to poke me in the eye. I won't even do it on lower tiers if I have anyone better to BH.
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa said:

Sigh.
    Yeah, there's no way I'd put someone with 5 in a colour as my 5* BH. Too much chance for Murphy's Law to poke me in the eye. I won't even do it on lower tiers if I have anyone better to BH.
    Meh, since JJ has no feeder I figured should try it anyway. Probably wouldn't have if I had her at x/5/5, though.

To make it worse: if I remember correctly, that 6th blue JJ cover was also a bonus hero cover.

I feel 5* bonus heroes are rare enough that they should guarantee awarding a cover in a color you haven't maxed yet. Pipe dreams.
  • Acemontiero
    Acemontiero Posts: 20 Just Dropped In
    DeNappa said:
    Meh, since JJ has no feeder I figured should try it anyway. Probably wouldn't have if I had her at x/5/5, though.
    Err... America Chavez feeds JJ though?
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa said:
    Uhg. I mustve consulted an obsolete chart. I feel stupid now. But thanks! Turns out I need only 2 more AC covers for a much required red cover for JJ!
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    DeNappa said:
    DeNappa said:
    Uhg. I mustve consulted an obsolete chart. I feel stupid now. But thanks! Turns out I need only 2 more AC covers for a much required red cover for JJ!
    For future reference, this is the only feeder that gives covers out of sequence. All the other ones feed a top cover, middle cover, then bottom cover at 280, 300, 320 and then repeats the same cycle at 340, 350, and 360.

Chavez gives the top cover at 280 and 340, but then the bottom cover at 300 and 350 and the middle cover at 320 and 360.