Your WORST MPQ moment of the day (REALITY thread)

Comments

• skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 967 Critical Contributor
    5/2/5 Phoenix, got to 4 saved covers recently from a champ reward, then drew another Phoenix yesterday from a classic token, and now at 5 saved covers.
    I've got her stuck at 5/0/5 +1 saved.
    I feel your pain.
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,068 Chairperson of the Boards
    Royal Family node.

This is the one node I would probably drop to SCL 8 for if I could ever remember it is coming up.

It’s especially annoying with my 5 cover ProfX. GED has been pretty much the only one I have who can survive.
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    jp1 said:
    Royal Family node.

This is the one node I would probably drop to SCL 8 for if I could ever remember it is coming up.

It’s especially annoying with my 5 cover ProfX. GED has been pretty much the only one I have who can survive.

Have you tried Bishop? I got through the first 3 goes in SCL 9 with a 1/0/0 Professor $, champed 4* Iron Fist, and champed Bish, though Bish was dead after every battle. I have no usuable 5's but if there was one with a decent Blue power (Hawkeye? Strange? Cable?), might be interesting to bring them along...
  • jp1
    edited September 2019
    helix72 said:
    jp1 said:
    Royal Family node.

Have you tried Bishop? I got through the first 3 goes in SCL 9 with a 1/0/0 Professor $, champed 4* Iron Fist, and champed Bish, though Bish was dead after every battle. I have no usuable 5's but if there was one with a decent Blue power (Hawkeye? Strange? Cable?), might be interesting to bring them along...
    Actually, no, I had been making a go of it with  GED and Cap Mar5el for the first four clear believe it or not. It usually left me with only one living toon at the end...but was successful. 

Thanks for the tip though, the last couple clears will be brutal no doubt, I’m going to give it a shot with Bishop and a 5. Cable is my only blue power user so far (and he sucks) so I might just bring JJ along and see what happens.

Edit: So, I wiped pretty fast with Bishop/JJ...so I took GED/Okoye, a whales TU, and TU boosts in just in case. Once I got Okoye rolling just healing Doom was doing enough damage to get them manageable, and the snap was doing almost 70k damage. Didn’t even have to use whales.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Chavez with ap boost might help. Since Blackbolt is putting out charge tiles, you could be doing massive damage with those charged tiles. On top of that, Chavez could help you to trigger match-4 more often, which in turn triggers Prof X's ability more often. Lastly, equip supports that boost your critical hit or match damage and all these could make the match easier.
  • jp1
    Thanks, that sounds like a good strategy as well. Okoye/GED ended up doing the trick quite nicely with a bit of careful choices. The healing and boost damage combo was extremely helpful in surviving all the passive damage while doing enough damage to mitigate Medusa’s heal impact.
  • JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    At least you young whippersnappers have saved covers now!  Back in my day, if we got a 4-star cover we couldn't use, we had to get rid of it for 1000 ISO.  Now get off my lawn!  

Sorry...it's the "Class of 201X" events that are getting me nostalgic.  :smiley:
    This young whippersnapper has a thread somewhere on the forum asking whether I should bother trying to make room for a Carnage cover or just take the ISO.  (Narrator: he took the ISO)
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    At least you young whippersnappers have saved covers now!  Back in my day, if we got a 4-star cover we couldn't use, we had to get rid of it for 1000 ISO.  Now get off my lawn!  

Sorry...it's the "Class of 201X" events that are getting me nostalgic.  :smiley:
    This young whippersnapper has a thread somewhere on the forum asking whether I should bother trying to make room for a Carnage cover or just take the ISO.  (Narrator: he took the ISO)

This young whippersnapper is still bitter about losing nine Nick Fury Demolition covers.  He could be at LVL 309 right now, ready to give me another LT with his next cover!

As for today's "worst" moment, using my newly champed Kitty with OML and Grocket, Galactus resolved a countdown tile in my third clear in Round 8.  He didn't gain any AP from it, mind you, as he was killed the next turn from consistently boosted strikes.  But one of his countdowns actually resolved.  Does anyone have a better idea for a team?   :s
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards

This young whippersnapper is still bitter about losing nine Nick Fury Demolition covers.  He could be at LVL 309 right now, ready to give me another LT with his next cover!

As for today's "worst" moment, using my newly champed Kitty with OML and Grocket, Galactus resolved a countdown tile in my third clear in Round 8.  He didn't gain any AP from it, mind you, as he was killed the next turn from consistently boosted strikes.  But one of his countdowns actually resolved.  Does anyone have a better idea for a team?   :s
    Medusa instead of OML :D
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards

Medusa instead of OML :D
    Heh...I actually tried out 3-star Iron Fist for his instant attack tile.  That was also fun.  Combined Arms with 5/4/3, anyone?
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards

I'm using Gritty and Juggs. Outside of one fluke loss I've slaughtered him every time in round 8.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,569 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm surprised Galactus didn't just step on  Chavez the amount of times she kept running into his ankle babbling on about America. I almost forgave him the admittedly rare Cosmic eye beam treatment, it must have been very annoying.
  • Jormagund
    Jormagund Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    I've earned two Fan Fovourites tokens so far.  The first was Kingpin and the second was Talos ;_;
  • BigSoftieFF
    BigSoftieFF Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    Jormagund said:
    I've earned two Fan Fovourites tokens so far.  The first was Kingpin and the second was Talos ;_;
    D A M N
  • Southside84
    Southside84 Posts: 93 Match Maker
    Just opened a fan favorite for... Emma Frost
  • JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 820 Critical Contributor
    DDQ's Big Enchilada. I take in Panthos and there's a Match 5 front & center. I take it, KO the first mob, Professor X jumps in but the message that pops up says Jean Grey has arrived. Huh? Oh. Of course Jean Grey is next on deck when there's a tasty match 5 laid up for my taking.

Then my team is stunned and Professor X has his move but he doesn't use the critical gem because it's not there.

It's not there???

It's not there because after Jean jumped in and stunned my team, she then died to the cascade that resulted from my critical match.

The third in my team was Thor because I was just using the Big Enchilada to turn him into half-Thor and figured I could use Thanos' Court Death to expedite the process. (Panther was just fodder.) So I quit the match and with Thor not quite half-Thor restarted it.

What's that word/phrase about biased observation? When you only take note of the result you want to see?

Because once again there was a match 5 waiting for me.

Even knowing Jean Grey was up next, I just couldn't help myself. But after making the match 5, things did not resolve the way the previous match had. Jean jumped in but instead of interrupting the cascade to stun my team, this time Thanos's Court Death resolved first killing Jean & the two mooks.

So in the first match the AI Jean's passive fired first, but in the second match my Thanos's passive fired first.

Passives are so inconsistent.
  • Therealsmkspy
    Therealsmkspy Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    edited October 2019
    0 for 40 in LL for 5* covers. A feeder  (even one I don't need) would lift my spirit right about now.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    I grinded out 75 wins in Taskmaster pvp for another shot at getting Kitty in the Fan Favorites store. Got Talos instead.  :|
  • jp1
    shardwick said:
    I grinded out 75 wins in Taskmaster pvp for another shot at getting Kitty in the Fan Favorites store. Got Talos instead.  :|
    Ugh. No way to polish that turd. I’d be pretty miffed about that as well.