3.8 Release Notes *Updated (10/2/19)

124»

Comments

• James13
    James13 Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    Windy said:
    starfall said:
    Naru is still filling spells full of mana.
    Also for copies (like Quasi?). Others like FoD or Chord don't make copies so these still might work....

Update:

Just tested it and it does for Quasi as intended (gives a half filled quasi). 

FoD doesn't work, it only fills the initial 8 mana, not the additional 8 stored mana.

Same for chord, stored mana not filled so can't loop it. 
    Vivien's invocation should still loop infinitely as long as you build your deck correctly.
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    James13 said:
    Windy said:
    starfall said:
    Naru is still filling spells full of mana.
    Also for copies (like Quasi?). Others like FoD or Chord don't make copies so these still might work....

Update:

Just tested it and it does for Quasi as intended (gives a half filled quasi). 

FoD doesn't work, it only fills the initial 8 mana, not the additional 8 stored mana.

Same for chord, stored mana not filled so can't loop it. 
    Vivien's invocation should still loop infinitely as long as you build your deck correctly.
    Am I reading Naru wrong?  I coulda sworn she says "cast" and not "enters the battlefield".
    If she is cast only than Invocation, FoD, and Deploy should not loop with her, since they don't put her in hand first.
  • TheDude1
    TheDude1 Posts: 194 Tile Toppler
    edited October 2019
    Mburn7 said:

Am I reading Naru wrong?  I coulda sworn she says "cast" and not "enters the battlefield".
    If she is cast only than Invocation, FoD, and Deploy should not loop with her, since they don't put her in hand first.
    You're not wrong, they did change from ETB to cast, which also keeps the loop from triggering via Killer Instinct.  It seems there are a few things in 3.8 that changed but weren't mentioned:

• Naru ETB changed to cast
    • Ugin's Conjurant changed from 10 stored mana to 4
    • "Full Mana" only given to base mana, not stored mana (still trying to personally confirm this) EDIT: Tested this with Quasi/Chamber Sentry and Expansion/Banefire.  In both cases full mana included stored mana.  I stand corrected.  The concern was that Naru wasn't giving full mana to Chord/Finale, so there may have been another change to Naru that wasn't clear (perhaps "copy" really means "reinforcement"?)

Second Edit: I think there was a change to Ilharg - I seem to remember that if a creature was reinforced due to Ilharg's ability (ie one was already on the battlefield before Ilharg moved the one from your hand in), it dumped the whole stack back into your hand as a single creature.  Now it just removes a reinforcement and places a copy back into your hand, which is the proper way of doing it.  If so, it's FAR more powerful.  Can anyone else confirm this is a change, or was it always this way?
  • Windy
    Windy Posts: 79 Match Maker
    TheDude1 said:
    Mburn7 said:

You're not wrong, they did change from ETB to cast, which also keeps the loop from triggering via Killer Instinct.  It seems there are a few things in 3.8 that changed but weren't mentioned:

• Naru ETB changed to cast
    • Ugin's Conjurant changed from 10 stored mana to 4
    • "Full Mana" only given to base mana, not stored mana (still trying to personally confirm this) EDIT: Tested this with Quasi/Chamber Sentry and Expansion/Banefire.  In both cases full mana included stored mana.  I stand corrected.  The concern was that Naru wasn't giving full mana to Chord/Finale, so there may have been another change to Naru that wasn't clear (perhaps "copy" really means "reinforcement"?)

Second Edit: I think there was a change to Ilharg - I seem to remember that if a creature was reinforced due to Ilharg's ability (ie one was already on the battlefield before Ilharg moved the one from your hand in), it dumped the whole stack back into your hand as a single creature.  Now it just removes a reinforcement and places a copy back into your hand, which is the proper way of doing it.  If so, it's FAR more powerful.  Can anyone else confirm this is a change, or was it always this way?
    Believe it was like this. Initially the reinforcement stayed and they fixed that but the stack did remain. It's just that if it had mana prior to being pulled onto he field, that mana is gone. 
  • ArielSira
    ArielSira Posts: 489 Mover and Shaker
    Considering bugs and errors, is this the most stable update so far? Feels very solid. Good job Okta
  • OmegaLolrus
    OmegaLolrus Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    No crashes, no downtime... It's been pretty great.

And I just pulled the new Omnath from the pack I got from Fblthp, so... It's all good news for me.
  • madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,226 Chairperson of the Boards
    Windy said:
    Noticed that some of the 3.6 changes are reversed. Parhelion 2 (22 back to 26) and Neheb the eternal (14 back to 16) are back to their costs before they were lowered in 3.6. Can't find in the release notes so seems a bug. 
    Maybe this is related to why RtO green's objective is broken again. 
  • Julie71
    Julie71 MTGPQ Mod Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    So what did they do to storm the vault?? Spell swindle no longer flips it ??
  • ArielSira
    ArielSira Posts: 489 Mover and Shaker
    @Julie71I just played Swindle and StV in Rising Tensions and it flipped like always. Maybe a treasure got matched before you played Vault?
  • Gunmix25
    Gunmix25 Posts: 1,433 Chairperson of the Boards
    starfall said:
    I see they didn't fix the hugely enlarged drag area on the board which opens your hand when you're trying to make a move. Honestly you'd think they'd have got right on that one.
    You mean "left" .. right just opens the hand.  😉 lol 
  • Julie71
    Julie71 MTGPQ Mod Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    @ArielSira your probably right.  I didn't have any issues this weekend running it.