Thoughts on new M20 Planeswalkers

Options
greenmeanie
greenmeanie Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
edited September 2019 in MtGPQ General Discussion
Just looked at the new M20 Pws.  At a first glance I really like the new Sorin, Vivien and Chandra.  Ajani and Mu seem ok.

Sorin and Vivien 3rd ability to fetch 3 creatures will be huge.  Also Sorin 2nd to give any creature vampire is cool.  Chandra got much needed upgrade.  Kinda reminds of the paper version.

Ajani seems ok with his life gain abilities but this could one of those matches where you play for like 45 minutes to get a win or lose.

My I'm not sure yet.  Seems like it you might be use mostly fliers.  The 3rd is neat.

Comments

• morgue427
    morgue427 Posts: 783 Critical Contributor
    Options
    chandra may be worth coming back to mono red but depends on the other cards in the set. wu may try but not buying just for crystals eventually rest, ehh at some point maybe. guess i have gotten spoiled by dual and tri colors and dont want to limit myself anymore lol
  • FindingHeart8
    FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Meh...tri-colored will still reign supreme.

I wanted to see a boost to the origins walkers 
  • morgue427
    Options
    most of them would still be kick butt if they had comparable mana gains
  • Firstofhisname419
    Firstofhisname419 Posts: 129 Tile Toppler
    Options
    If they're introducing a full cycle of mono PW's, could we possibly finally get the long-requested mono-color event(s)?
  • Firinmahlazer
    Firinmahlazer Posts: 417 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    If they're introducing a full cycle of mono PW's, could we possibly finally get the long-requested mono-color event(s)?
    Ooooo I'd love to see an event that forces people to use only mono walkers. Maybe not as a regular event but something during the weekday every now and again. It would make people lose the Sarkhan 3/Tamiyo/Bolas crutch. 
  • morgue427
    Options
    welcome back koth sounds like a bad 70s show lol