3.8 Release Notes *Updated (10/2/19)

Comments

• Kinesia
    Kinesia Posts: 1,621 Chairperson of the Boards
    Volrak said:
    LakeStone said:
    • Disabled creatures with the Hexproof Evergreen are no longer valid targets when casting a targeting Spell card while a Creature with Hexproof is disabled with another valid target on the battlefield.
    Lots of good-looking changes and bug fixes, but this one seemed strange to me.  I can see you might be trying to map "disabled" more strongly to "tapped" - in paper mtg, a hexproof creature would remain untargetable when tapped.  But I am not sure this is a good change for mtgpq.  Hexproof is already very strong, and it seemed like a well-balanced game mechanic to allow hexproof to be dealt with via disable.

Hexproof needs more ways to deal with it, not less. Hexproof getting disabled is NOT a current risk in the game.

With the advent of new standard (previewed by RAW events) people are already playing Gaea's Revenge to excess again. Not letting it get killed after disable is a HUGE negative. We need more ways not less.

• Rasalghul
    Rasalghul Posts: 158 Tile Toppler
    There is a new but limited solution : use Kaya vanguard to make GR loss its hexproof then exile it ! But you need to get Kaya. I spent a lot of jewels to get her
  • Stalker
    Stalker Posts: 141 Tile Toppler
    edited September 2019
    Kinesia said:
    Volrak said:
    LakeStone said:
    • Disabled creatures with the Hexproof Evergreen are no longer valid targets when casting a targeting Spell card while a Creature with Hexproof is disabled with another valid target on the battlefield.
    Lots of good-looking changes and bug fixes, but this one seemed strange to me.  I can see you might be trying to map "disabled" more strongly to "tapped" - in paper mtg, a hexproof creature would remain untargetable when tapped.  But I am not sure this is a good change for mtgpq.  Hexproof is already very strong, and it seemed like a well-balanced game mechanic to allow hexproof to be dealt with via disable.

Hexproof needs more ways to deal with it, not less. Hexproof getting disabled is NOT a current risk in the game.

With the advent of new standard (previewed by RAW events) people are already playing Gaea's Revenge to excess again. Not letting it get killed after disable is a HUGE negative. We need more ways not less.

Introduce new issue as standard, sell answer as exclusive (or make the answer a chase card)Rinse, lather, repeat.
  • TheDude1
    TheDude1 Posts: 194 Tile Toppler
    edited September 2019
    starfall said:

You literally just said that paper had 3 mono-red Chandras in M20.
    Only one of the three was a mythic, which has been their recent basis for making a playable PW (as opposed to a vanguard).
  • LakeStone
    LakeStone Posts: 1,377 Community Moderator
    Coalition scores fixed ?
    Reverse the horrible changes to the card filtering and coalition search introduced in 3.7 ?
    Sorry for not including this earlier but the team did indeed fixed the Coalition Score issue.

- Fixed an issue with the Coalition Leaderboard during Coalition Events. The score of Coalition Members does show now in the Leaderboard.
  • Machine
    Machine Posts: 787 Critical Contributor
    edited October 2019
    What about the Elderspark event changes? Reducing life totals slightly does not matter at all if the five nodes remain with a ridiculous refresh rate of 6 hours and two starting charges. Any news on that? If not, you can keep this **** event to yourselves as I'm not spending another three full days on this.

For the rest, good fixes, updates and new content, although I'm not too fond of the hexproof / disable change.

Edit: @Brigby , @LakeStone , any update on this? I see that this event is scheduled for next week. It will be a complete slugfest without any other changes to this event!
  • GrizzoMtGPQ
    GrizzoMtGPQ Posts: 776 Critical Contributor
    edited September 2019
    @LakeStone how about adjusting RAW now that we have all the cards? The rewards were always a bit low but now having progression net you a cool 100 orbs is pretty underwhelming. Most of us get a paltry and annoying number of mana jewels.
  • octal9
    octal9 Posts: 593 Critical Contributor
    octal9 said:
    @LakeStone at which levels for the planeswalkers are these mana/hp changes made?

For clarity: I'm not asking about the max value; I'm asking which level "bonuses" were adjusted.
    @LakeStone? @Brigby? @Anyone? @Bueller?

• Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    octal9 said:
    octal9 said:
    LakeStone at which levels for the planeswalkers are these mana/hp changes made?

For clarity: I'm not asking about the max value; I'm asking which level "bonuses" were adjusted.
    LakeStone? Brigby? Anyone? Bueller?

Hi Octal9! I've got some spreadsheet data I can send over to you later today.  
  • Gideon
    Gideon Posts: 340 Mover and Shaker
    edited October 2019
    Maybe it’s to much to ask but can you please put the date of the release on the first line? Thank you. Core set 2020 has not arrived until..... 
  • Gunmix25
    Gunmix25 Posts: 1,433 Chairperson of the Boards
    Gideon said:
    Maybe it’s to much to ask but can you please put the date of the release on the first line? Thank you. Core set 2020 has not arrived until..... 
    @Brigby posted in a different thread that today, Oct. 2nd, is M20 release day for MTGPQ. 😁
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    *Updated to Final Release Notes. Added the following bug to bug fix list:
    • Fixed an issue with the Coalition Leaderboard during Coalition Events. The score of Coalition Members are now properly displayed in the Leaderboard.
  • IM_CARLOS
    IM_CARLOS Posts: 640 Critical Contributor
    Brigby said:
    *Updated to Final Release Notes. Added the following bug to bug fix list:
    • Fixed an issue with the Coalition Leaderboard during Coalition Events. The score of Coalition Members are now properly displayed in the Leaderboard.
    Thx for that. I know my coalition was lazy in the last two month. Now I will know who deserve a proper kick. 
  • Windy
    Windy Posts: 79 Match Maker
    edited October 2019
    starfall said:
    Naru is still filling spells full of mana.
    Also for copies (like Quasi?). Others like FoD or Chord don't make copies so these still might work....

Update:

Just tested it and it does for Quasi as intended (gives a half filled quasi). 

FoD doesn't work, it only fills the initial 8 mana, not the additional 8 stored mana.

Same for chord, stored mana not filled so can't loop it. 
  • Windy
    Windy Posts: 79 Match Maker
    Noticed that some of the 3.6 changes are reversed. Parhelion 2 (22 back to 26) and Neheb the eternal (14 back to 16) are back to their costs before they were lowered in 3.6. Can't find in the release notes so seems a bug.