No Holds Barred (Mar 21 to 23)

Comments

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    pasa_ wrote:
    Not to me. Is it your first?
    Nah, would be my fourth.
    I know he sucks right now, but he'll get buffed eventually, and I'd like to have my 5/5/3 build complete before the next four star is introduced.
    Of course I'm not going to sink any ISO into him right now.
  • This tournament is dead.

1. 769
    2. 481
    3. 427
    4. 407
    5. 373

An easy x force red and this completes my build so I won't have to bother with these anymore. Now it's time to sit on ISO and wait for buff. He is next in line right?... right?
  • This tournament is dead.

1. 769
    2. 481
    3. 427
    4. 407
    5. 373

An easy x force red and this completes my build so I won't have to bother with these anymore. Now it's time to sit on ISO and wait for buff. He is next in line right?... right?

I put a tank team and it keeps on winning while I sleep. This might be the first tourney won by Hawkeye and Bagman.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    That was a fun little retaliation war, Jachdo icon_e_biggrin.gif
    About the only way to get over 800 I think icon_e_wink.gif
  • Still wondering if I should give it a try. REwards are not that interesting, but easy tourney is always an easy tourney. I'll just probably pass it anyways.
  • Ariakos wrote:
    Still wondering if I should give it a try. REwards are not that interesting, but easy tourney is always an easy tourney. I'll just probably pass it anyways.

Go for it. I was tanking the previous divine champions tournament (don't remember what the prize was) and changed my mind on the last day. Ended up being an easy first.
  • I see the points are really low -- few hours ago #1 at 497? seriously?

but there is a lot of aggro, can't recall this many retals (maybe attacks, with that many similar teams hard to tell) in the low points range for long.
  • pasa_ wrote:
    I see the points are really low -- few hours ago #1 at 497? seriously?

but there is a lot of aggro, can't recall this many retals (maybe attacks, with that many similar teams hard to tell) in the low points range for long.

Well, it just means that overall top scores are so low, that the "top range where everyone can see you" hits at a much lower point value. All symptoms of the very same situation. icon_e_wink.gif
  • Grinded my way to 701 points and put up an 8 hour shield. Number 2 is currently sitting at 503 points. Should hopefully be good enough for XForce.
  • Il Palazzo wrote:
    pasa_ wrote:
    I see the points are really low -- few hours ago #1 at 497? seriously?

Well, it just means that overall top scores are so low, that the "top range where everyone can see you" hits at a much lower point value. All symptoms of the very same situation. icon_e_wink.gif

I doubt 'top range' opening would cut in around 350 but the rest holds, the 300-400 point range is usually considered 'low' with low incentive to attack for the puny points. And now it looks like a juicy target. Most probably.

Btw since I switched to the def. team attacks mostly cheased and the last one was a win for +24, I like that really.
  • I tried to make a push before putting up the 8 hour shield. I couldn't reach 600 because of all the hits I was taking. I'm not sure everyone got the memo to just tank this tournament icon_razz.gif
  • Milkrain wrote:
    I tried to make a push before putting up the 8 hour shield. I couldn't reach 600 because of all the hits I was taking. I'm not sure everyone got the memo to just tank this tournament icon_razz.gif

Everyone said they will tank after passing 500. But as everyone appear waiting up others to go there fisrt to climb on them, you're getting used with those high points...
  • Milkrain wrote:
    I tried to make a push before putting up the 8 hour shield. I couldn't reach 600 because of all the hits I was taking. I'm not sure everyone got the memo to just tank this tournament icon_razz.gif
    I took quite a pounding when I was afk for only an hour or two. Was just over 500 points and got knocked back to 300. My team was 141 Punisher/141 Spiderman/103 Hood, so I might stick 141 Hulk in instead of Hood. I would like to get Hood to level 141, but that'll cost another 85k iso which is about the same as it took to get to level 103 and only his health and one of his abilities scales with level, since yellow scales with team's highest color abilities & blue doesn't scale at all.
  • bughunt wrote:
    Milkrain wrote:
    I took quite a pounding when I was afk for only an hour or two. Was just over 500 points and got knocked back to 300. My team was 141 Punisher/141 Spiderman/103 Hood, so I might stick 141 Hulk in instead of Hood. I would like to get Hood to level 141, but that'll cost another 85k iso which is about the same as it took to get to level 103 and only his health and one of his abilities scales with level, since yellow scales with team's highest color abilities & blue doesn't scale at all.

Let's go off the topic now:

I was considering dumping a massive payload of ISO into my Hood, but I can't really bring myself to do it. Like you said, only his hit points and Intimidation really scale, but I run Punished so Intimidation should never see the light of day. I don't know that I want him on defense, so his hit points are not as big a liability as they might be. I've been using him as a third in simulator a lot, though, where he does a great job of sapping goon ap generation. Is it worth bringing him up? I can always fight my last battle of the night with 141 Hulk to sub for him.

Back to the topic now, please. (except for bughunt's response). Thank you.
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    I was going to fight for the red X-Force but now I really can't be bothered. Was at #1 when I hit the hay last night, taken a few losses since then and currently unshielded at #4 with 506. The DDs from Simulator progression rewards will max out mine anyway, so anything I get from this is pure ISO/HP.
  • I'm a big fan of breaching the top 5 and being unable to shield since I can't currently buy Hero Points thanks to Steam being screwed up all day. >_>
  • dlaw008 wrote:
    I was considering dumping a massive payload of ISO into my Hood, but I can't really bring myself to do it. Like you said, only his hit points and Intimidation really scale, but I run Punished so Intimidation should never see the light of day. I don't know that I want him on defense, so his hit points are not as big a liability as they might be. I've been using him as a third in simulator a lot, though, where he does a great job of sapping goon ap generation. Is it worth bringing him up? I can always fight my last battle of the night with 141 Hulk to sub for him.

Probably not for me as doesn't tank any colors so never gets hit directly, only by AoE and with spiderman that doesn't happen that often.
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    I dumped a fair amount of spare ISO into Hood for the first round of the Simulator for a laugh; got him from 35 to 60. Blue is at 4, not 5, so he's not perfect on the steal, but I don't really care about yellow and black anyway, when I'm running him with Patch and OBW. Pretty good combo!

Not sure who to level next, got Spidey at a respectable 75 and don't want to feed him more ISO until we know what's happening with the nerfgun. Maybe Frank; I do love Molotovs and maxed Retribution, I have to say.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah, I give up, I fought a battle that would have put me over 700, but 2 fights from people I specifically spent iso on to skip put me under 600 icon_e_surprised.gif . Seriously, why do we have to pay to skip

And in the time It took to make that post, I am under 500 icon_rolleyes.gif

EDIT: ok seriously this coolbond dude hit me 3 times in under 5 minutes. I thought they fixed that thing recks and that other guy were doing to queue up multiple hits on the same person
  • Spoit wrote:
    Yeah, I give up, I fought a battle that would have put me over 700, but 2 fights from people I specifically spent iso on to skip put me under 600 icon_e_surprised.gif . Seriously, why do we have to pay to skip

And in the time It took to make that post, I am under 500 icon_rolleyes.gif

EDIT: ok seriously this coolbond dude hit me 3 times in under 5 minutes. I thought they fixed that thing recks and that other guy were doing to queue up multiple hits on the same person

I think they did fix it but overall it seems much easier to reach a personal MMR hell.
    I'm sitting at 777pts and pretty much see only the same few people. icon_e_confused.gif
    Oh and Wathombe could you please stop stalking my brackets icon_rolleyes.gif