Threshold bundle - question

Options
Tremayne
Tremayne Posts: 1,611 Chairperson of the Boards
@Brigby - In order to evaluate the value of the threshold bundle could you please elaborate on the promo set is going to be legacy only or if there are any plans to make these cards available in standard?

As it stands right now I think that in legacy there are many alternatives to the threshold cards. With the coming rotation a number of gem converters are going out of standard and then the threshold supports might actually be worth it, IF they can be used in standard.

Comments

• Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    These cards are from the "Promo" set, therefore they are legacy only.

I believe this was confirmed somewhere, although I cannot remember exactly which thread it was confirmed in and don't feel like hunting it down.

Basically, these cards are legacy only and will not ever be standard as far as we know.
  • Tremayne
    Tremayne Posts: 1,611 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @Mburn7 - I think you are right, but I can’t recall ever seeing this written down failed to find anything, possibly because I do not know the correct name of the promo set.

I have little to gain by buying the threshold package then.
  • Quantius
    Quantius Posts: 228 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Damn, wish I had known they were legacy only.
  • FindingHeart8
    FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Quantius said:
    Damn, wish I had known they were legacy only.
    From a collector standpoint I don't think it's too bad.  It is suggestive that you'll never be able to own these cards ever outside of this (potentially one-time) offer.
  • Azerack
    Azerack Posts: 501 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Mburn7 said:
    These cards are from the "Promo" set, therefore they are legacy only.

I believe this was confirmed somewhere, although I cannot remember exactly which thread it was confirmed in and don't feel like hunting it down.

Basically, these cards are legacy only and will not ever be standard as far as we know.
    I can't remember where, but I can concur that any cards from the "promo" set are Legacy only. Mainly because a lot of the originals were developed specifically for MTG:PQ by their designers, so they aren't WotC standard, as I recall.

Anything with that "promo" star logo (including that Nantuko card, before) is Legacy only. :)

My condolences on your purchase,@Quantius

• Quantius
    Options
    I will say that while I'm not impressed with these threshold lands, I do enjoy Nantuko with W&6 and Gather the Pack. You hit threshold fast and it's actually really solid. 

If there were a fast and reliable way to get cephalid coliseum in to hit threshold 7, then it would be pretty awesome.
  • madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,227 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Quantius said:

If there were a fast and reliable way to get cephalid coliseum in to hit threshold 7, then it would be pretty awesome.
    Glimpse the Unthinkable?
  • Quantius
    Options
    Glimpse helps, but threshold in mtgpq works by having X number of cards of that same name in the GY. So you need 7 Cephalid Coliseums in the GY. 

But yeah, Lich guy, Glimpse, Drowned Secrets, and draw spells to churn cards into the GY make it more likely.