MPQ Sneak Peek: September 2019 Edition *Updated (9/24/19)

Comments

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2019
    PiMacleod said:
    If the idea is to starve out the board against opposing thorkoye teams... Then i say lets have this play out.  Wait until we get more people champing him and throwing him out there.  Lets see what happens.
    But, you're then flooding the board with red (and blue).  So even if Okoye can't heal for a few turns, her red or Thor red will still wreck havoc. 

Side note, I think in the near future 4Juggs will end up like Bishop with the nerf campaigns.... 
    This is rampant speculation on my part, but I'm not sure that's true, the red/blue happens on your own turn. So he is going to be a mega cascade generator. Pair him with Professor X and you'll almost certainly end up with a lot of match-Ns by accident. Put 5torm as a third, and you're clearing out the team up tiles as well. Then when enemy thor cascades into all that charge spam, Worthy Cap will clap back per tile with some amount of damage that is likely going to be worse at 370 than it is at 1/1/1.

Alternatively use 5* Iceman, and then Cap will jump in front, and Iceman will throw down even more yellow CDs that reduce some of the damage (assumong it meets threshold), and he'll be using that blue to stun left and right from all the cascades. Even Rescue could work with him.

Also I think Juggernaut was identified as The Next Big Problem pretty much immediately at his release lol. I'm planning to just bring Dazzler with me if he shows up - that way she won't actually have to tank anything if he's hitting everyone.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've only used the loaner worthy cap so far and have been somewhat underwhelmed with him. He does not appear as game changing as I thought he would be.
    Yeah, he could be pretty decent if they adjusted his yellow to create countdown tiles on random basic tiles or enemy tiles but on just yellow? Ehh. Also a bit underwhelmed.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:
    Monsoon3 said:
    He is going to be a health pack sponge as the required four * in the next PvE event. Him jumping in front of my 5* (especially Okoye) is unbearable. Don't need a Cap when he is down to almost no health jumping in front and "saving" my team.
    He should definitely pop out an iceman type yellow tile if the hit would kill him.  The yellow needs to be reworked....
    Most overrated indestructible Shield ever.
    Shield is indestructible, he isn't  :D
    End Game spoiler:
    Based on what Thanos did to his shield, chopping away the top half of it with no Stone empowerment even, indestructible is a strong word.

• Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2019
    Worthy cap is a strange one for me. I'll hold out a little longer before I decide whether to chase him furiously or not.

With anniversary round the corner surely we're on the verge of some huge fan favourites arriving...omega red and mister sinister for me would just be totally freaking awesome. 
    How hilarious would it be if they offered Mr. Sinister as a costume for Colossus  :D
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    *(09/23/19) Brigby - Updated Versus events and Story events.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    He will make a nice irritating defensive team to slow down your opponent and have them watch your team gains cascades. Also, watch him suck up all your precious yellow tiles.

His teammates that I skip in his PvP are

1) Agent Coulson
    2) 5* Hawkeye

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards
    Having played his PvP a bit more I'm thinking he needs a name change. Something like Captain America (Tired of Life) or Captain America (Suicidal).
  • turianbrandy
    turianbrandy Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    To add to more frustration: Meet Rocket and Groot progression gave me tokens to Enemy of the State instead. I mean drop rates from new character vaults suck so bad at baseline, but at least I used to have a tiny tiny chance of drawing a four-star. Now, screw you, the devs said. Thanks.
  • DAZ0273
    To add to more frustration: Meet Rocket and Groot progression gave me tokens to Enemy of the State instead. I mean drop rates from new character vaults suck so bad at baseline, but at least I used to have a tiny tiny chance of drawing a four-star. Now, screw you, the devs said. Thanks.
    You will get your tokens, thread on main page about this.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,247 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2019
    DAZ0273 said:
    The link on the main page is broken.  I think they merged all the comments into a thread that had been started in the Bug section about this.  Here it is:

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/79757/the-5-node-in-welcome-to-earth-is-giving-enemy-of-the-state-tokens-investigating#latest

Anyway, essentially you got 3 free tokens (assuming you played the 5E all 3 days) that you can use in the post-event store or save for the next run of EotS - which could be another 10 months away, based on history (and the fact that they've added some PVEs to the rotation this year).
  • DAZ0273
    bluewolf said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    The link on the main page is broken.  I think they merged all the comments into a thread that had been started in the Bug section about this.  Here it is:

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/79757/the-5-node-in-welcome-to-earth-is-giving-enemy-of-the-state-tokens-investigating#latest

Anyway, essentially you got 3 free tokens (assuming you played the 5E all 3 days) that you can use in the post-event store or save for the next run of EotS - which could be another 10 months away, based on history (and the fact that they've added some PVEs to the rotation this year).
    So the thread about the bug also got broken. How very MPQ!
  • bluewolf
    edited September 2019
    Note:  IF the next character is a Limited 4, you will need Mockingbird for Shield Training, since she's the placement reward for this coming Monday's PVE.  Then two more (presumably older ones than the Latest 3).

Oh, and if there is a surprise 5 release this week via HP store, at least they aren't making them essential in the CC event following.....
  • HoundofShadow
    Isn't the next release supposed to be a 5*? we got 4/4/5? or do they release limited 4* every anniversary?
  • bluewolf
    edited September 2019
    The release rules are.....who knows now?

The lead designer that was in place when they pushed out 2 Limited 4s last year left to go to MSF.  Would they push another one out this year?  We didn't get one in 2017.  Or 2016.  Or 2015.  On the other hand, Cap is #85 and the next 4 is going to drop us below 1% odds in tokens.  LImited 4's delay token dilution but also barely matter to players.  

Should a 5 be next?  Yes, I think.  But no rules have been stated, just observed.

It could even be just a normal 4 release next.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    So we'd be looking at 2 Shield Trainings in a row with a featured Mockingbird then? That seems new.
  • bluewolf
    So we'd be looking at 2 Shield Trainings in a row with a featured Mockingbird then? That seems new.
    How quickly I forget....so is this a definite sign that the next character is a 5?  I agree that it would be very strange to require literally the same character in two consecutive STs.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    I don't know the actual date of the anniversary, but it may also be a sign the release is getting pushed a week again I guess.
  • HoundofShadow
    The star has aligned itself for a 5* on the third of October (anniversary), which is a Thursday.  >:)
  • DAZ0273

Isn't the next release supposed to be a 5*? we got 4/4/5? or do they release limited 4* every anniversary?
    The release rate for the last 3 Anniversaries has been:

1 4* (Gwenpool)
    1 5* (Gambit) and 1 4* Nightcrawler (with Rogue overlapping and being the subject of the first ever SHIELD Training)
    1 5* Cable and 1 4* Limited Taskmaster

So there ya go...clear as mud.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    @Brigby or @IceIX
    are we going to have a 2 week offseason then anniversary or will there be a shortened season?

i ask since there was no update for the next season on the main page of this thread.

thanks