FIX XF Wolverine PLEASE?!

ZEbanizteam
ZEbanizteam Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
Seriously??
Developers gotta do something about him

Comments

• sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    I am pretty sure he was the second 4-star (he and Invisible Woman were 1-2 in some order).  He was also one of the first 4-stars that got a serious nerf to his abilities.  Originally, his Surgical Strike at 5 gave you all of the AP from the tiles you destroyed.  Considering some of the other abilities for passive AP, that's probably not as horrifically overpowered as it was back in the day.  I'd also like to see him reworked and strengthened a bit, but there are several other characters that are below him in the power rankings that could be fixed first.

If you need board shake, he's the person you want to see.  All three of his abilities can result in serious cascades, and occasionally hit a countdown tile or two.  He's still usable, especially with X-Force Deadpool; 7 purple and 11 black to kill nearly anyone that's not a champed 5-star.  Someone in the forums (TPF Alexis?) suggested to me that I should be using his yellow at 5 not as a healing ability, but as an offensive weapon and even more board shake.  That helped out a lot, and I do occasionally throw him into the mix.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Someone in the forums (TPF Alexis?) suggested to me that I should be using his yellow at 5 not as a healing ability, but as an offensive weapon and even more board shake.  That helped out a lot, and I do occasionally throw him into the mix.
    Yep, that was me! Glad to hear it works for someone else.
  • steakleather
    steakleather Posts: 121 Tile Toppler
    They could split the baby and have surgical strike give one AP for every 2 tiles it destroys.
  • fuzzy_cracks
    fuzzy_cracks Posts: 36 Just Dropped In
    Yup, they need to do something about his green attack. For a four star, his green is ridiculously weak. 1380 max damage. Wow, not good at all. Maybe 3000 damage I could see but 1380 is way too low. They should have increase his damage when took away the AP generation. 
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've been using him much more than Old Man Logan in the Claws for Concern PvP, even though OML is champed and about 50 levels higher.  I've been using him with Thorkoye, even though he doesn't tank any of the colors.  When matched away, his yellow Recovery tile at LVL 5 does about 10K damage unboosted.  When it got matched, that damage boosted by Okoye's passive and the resulting cascades took out a fully healed champed 5-star Thor.  His Surgical Strike is equally deadly, and has finished off numerous opponents.  Even not boosted by Okoye, it does about 2200 points per destroyed tile.

While I agree that he could certainly use an improvment, he still capable.
  • hopper1979
    hopper1979 Posts: 564 Critical Contributor
    Good idea I have always like his yellow as an attack but never thought of pairing him with Okoye', Thanks for the good idea.
  • barryallen1337
    barryallen1337 Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    Good idea I have always like his yellow as an attack but never thought of pairing him with Okoye', Thanks for the good idea.
    Won't work as per my experience.
  • hopper1979
    hopper1979 Posts: 564 Critical Contributor
    I works you just need someone to help get yellow onto the board C&D but if you don't have that yellow generation I agree it is hard to pull off.