The 5* node in Welcome to Earth is giving Enemy of the State tokens [Investigating]

Options
mbaren
mbaren Posts: 220 Tile Toppler
It's pretty much just as the subject line says.  Now I have a stockpiled Enemy of the State token that I shouldn't have.  So.  There's that.

Comments

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    AGAIN?
    This is turning into the Ares Sunder bug, with how often it re-appears after being "fixed".
  • Tombstone
    Tombstone ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 1,208 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @mbaren
    Thanks for the heads up. I've passed this on to the team for investigation. 
  • mbaren
    Options
    This isn't something I'm flipping out about or anything, but because I should have a Rocket & Groot token, which has the potential to give me a new character (unlike the Enemy of the State one), it would be nice to receive a Rocket & Groot token in compensation.

I know the odds of me pulling a new Cap cover are low, but with the wrong token they're nonexistent.  So I hope the team does consider this.  Thanks!
  • Tombstone
    Tombstone ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 1,208 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @mbaren
    That sounds like a reasonable request, but you'd have to send a ticket to Customer Support as I'm not in the business of compensation. 
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,293 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I received the same thing.  Playing in SCL9, in case that somehow impacts things.
  • dragonreader
    dragonreader Posts: 89 Match Maker
    Options
    I also got had the same thing happen, in SCL 7
  • gravel
    gravel Posts: 585 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I got it in SCL 8 too.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
    Options
    We're aware of an issue affecting the 5-Star Essential nodes in Meet Rocket & Groot that is making the nodes give the wrong tokens. Right now, they're handing out tokens for the Enemy of the State Vault when it should be for the Meet Rocket & Groot cover store.

Unfortunately, we’re unable to hot swap the tokens for this run of the event. Since that's the case, what we're planning on doing is leaving it as-is with the incorrect tokens, then once the event ends, we'll credit each user with the correct number of tokens they should have gained. So if you get 3 Enemy of the State tokens throughout the event, you'll get credited 3 Rocket & Groot tokens after the event ends on the 24th.

You don't have to worry about hoarding the Enemy of the State tokens to make sure you get the right number of R&G tokens, use them if you like. We'll still be able to see the total number of tokens you earned.
  • Sm0keyJ0e
    Sm0keyJ0e Posts: 730 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Sounds like a great compromise; thanks for addressing so quickly.
  • justsing
    justsing Posts: 507 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Thanks for the quick response and solution!
  • Bowgentle
    Options
    Thank you for the super speedy resolution AND info on what will happen, Joe.
  • mbaren
    Options
    That's awesome, thanks!
  • apocalipsia
    apocalipsia Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Same here (SCL8).
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yeah.  I have EotS tokens now.  Blarg.
  • cgrubb80
    cgrubb80 Posts: 109 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I checked here before I emailed to see what was said.
  • Loosie
    Loosie Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Any update on when we’re getting those tokens?
  • Ptahhotep
    Ptahhotep Posts: 416 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Are we going to get the tokens before the store closes?
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @IceIX Please let us know when you can.  The store closes in less than 24 hours.  Thanks!
  • Bowgentle
    Options
    Ptahhotep said:
    Are we going to get the tokens before the store closes?
    Yeah I kinda thought it was a given that'd we'd get the tokens before shield training ends, but... Yeah.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,293 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Waiting for the post from the player that pulls a needed cover for ST from the (finally) rewarded MRG token after it closes. 

I get that it takes effort to figure out everyone who got the EotS and then push the tokens to just those players. 

But option B would have been to just give everyone 3 extra chances to maybe pull an extra 4* cover or whatever.  Would have been faster and more generous, building goodwill vs another reason for player morale to drop. And I mean....there are 85 4’s in the game now. Even if you got a free Hammercap most players won’t cover him for months.