MPQ Sneak Peek: September 2019 Edition *Updated (9/24/19)

Comments

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,245 Chairperson of the Boards
    The Meet Rocket and Groot in-game preview shows that it is the 4 day version, not the 3 day as listed here. 
  • 9RMetal
    9RMetal Posts: 60 Match Maker
    Is IcelX going to update everything from now on?
    Just curious  B)
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    9RMetal said:
    Is IcelX going to update everything from now on?
    Just curious  B)
    Hopefully, because that means we're getting answers to follow up questions immediately without Brigby having to play hide and seek with the devs.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    @IceIX for the class of 2013and 2014 PVP will theses characters be getting a super buff for the event?  The reason I ask is the only 4* in the game at that time were Xforce wolverines and Invisible woman (bubble!). The normal 3* buff won’t be much use to players who were playing in 2013, unless you revert Spider-Man back to 2013 abilities.
  • bluewolf
    wymtime said:
    @IceIX for the class of 2013and 2014 PVP will theses characters be getting a super buff for the event?  The reason I ask is the only 4* in the game at that time were Xforce wolverines and Invisible woman (bubble!). The normal 3* buff won’t be much use to players who were playing in 2013, unless you revert Spider-Man back to 2013 abilities.
    Keep in mind that the PVPs don't lock anyone out (somewhat sadly), but only buff the people from that year.

So you can easily field your preferred teams of meta(ish?) characters.  Or whoever you want!  I'm not sure how much it matters how big the boosts will be.

These are off season events, so....scores will be low and all that anyway.  
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    bluewolf said:
    wymtime said:
    Keep in mind that the PVPs don't lock anyone out (somewhat sadly), but only buff the people from that year.

This is why I was asking.  If 3* were getting a 200 level buff to compete with 5* in PVP it might be fun.  If it is just a normal buff it feels like a waste of an event for most players
  • bluewolf
    wymtime said:
    bluewolf said:
    wymtime said:

This is why I was asking.  If 3* were getting a 200 level buff to compete with 5* in PVP it might be fun.  If it is just a normal buff it feels like a waste of an event for most players
    Correct.   Oh look, Kraven covers in placement for the 2013 PVP!  ummmmmm......thanks?
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    bluewolf said:
    wymtime said:
    bluewolf said:
    wymtime said:

Correct.   Oh look, Kraven covers in placement for the 2013 PVP!  ummmmmm......thanks?
    Huh. Well, can’t expect it to make sense, but would be far better to include a character from 2014 in 2013 placement. But then the 3*s eventually stop having a character released for it unfortunately. Might be nice to have a 3/5 again at some point. Though an un-Favorite mark would be better, to remove personally selected characters from the store.
  • PeeOne
    PeeOne Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    I’m glad it’s not just me and the rest of my alliance that are not happy with the shield training character selection 
    juggernaut and ronin seriously... my juggs is 1/1/1 and ronin is 2/3/2 
    most of my alliance is in the same boat... disappointing to see that once again unless we spend money we can’t play to full potential 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards
    PeeOne said:
    I’m glad it’s not just me and the rest of my alliance that are not happy with the shield training character selection 
    juggernaut and ronin seriously... my juggs is 1/1/1 and ronin is 2/3/2 
    most of my alliance is in the same boat... disappointing to see that once again unless we spend money we can’t play to full potential 
    Whilst Juggernaut was somewhat predictable if not a bit mean spirited, Ronin is the one that aggravates me and feels a bit like it breaks the "spirit" of the event. Of course, there are no set rules on what characters will be used, etc, etc blah blah blah, *harumph*

• DAZ0273
    zodiac339 said:
    bluewolf said:
    wymtime said:
    bluewolf said:
    wymtime said:

Huh. Well, can’t expect it to make sense, but would be far better to include a character from 2014 in 2013 placement. But then the 3*s eventually stop having a character released for it unfortunately. Might be nice to have a 3/5 again at some point. Though an un-Favorite mark would be better, to remove personally selected characters from the store.
    I dunno. I sort of think we can expect it to make some sort of sense and the fact it doesn't is actually the stranger thing here. Give out a character that is completely unhelpful for the next event...sure...because...randomness.
  • Dashiva
    Dashiva Posts: 15 Just Dropped In
    I'm not sure if this has been addressed or not, but i believe there is a mistake on the cover prize of the Loki fight on the current Meet Rocket... event. It should be a Meet Rocket... cover and it is instead a cover from the last finished event. So we are missing chances for Juggernaut & Cap Worthy.

Any comment from the mods? There should be something done about it....
  • DAZ0273
    Dashiva said:
    I'm not sure if this has been addressed or not, but i believe there is a mistake on the cover prize of the Loki fight on the current Meet Rocket... event. It should be a Meet Rocket... cover and it is instead a cover from the last finished event. So we are missing chances for Juggernaut & Cap Worthy.

Any comment from the mods? There should be something done about it....
    There is a thread on the General section already.

• bluewolf
    DAZ0273 said:
    zodiac339 said:
    bluewolf said:
    wymtime said:
    bluewolf said:
    wymtime said:

I dunno. I sort of think we can expect it to make some sort of sense and the fact it doesn't is actually the stranger thing here. Give out a character that is completely unhelpful for the next event...sure...because...randomness.
    The PVP 4* rewards follow an alphabetical progression.  Kate, Kraven, Lockjaw, Luke Cage. Sometimes a new release (Cap) or a special PVP, like to tie into a movie or something, interrupts it.

But this is actually one of the most predictable patterns in the game and they stick to it quite closely.
  • DAZ0273
    bluewolf said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    zodiac339 said:
    bluewolf said:
    wymtime said:
    bluewolf said:
    wymtime said:

The PVP 4* rewards follow an alphabetical progression.  Kate, Kraven, Lockjaw, Luke Cage. Sometimes a new release (Cap) or a special PVP, like to tie into a movie or something, interrupts it.

But this is actually one of the most predictable patterns in the game and they stick to it quite closely.
    Bah humbug I say! Your answer might be correct but is also not fun at all! Rules are meant to be broken!!!
  • Dashiva
    Dashiva Posts: 15 Just Dropped In

Thanks for the answer DAZ
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    Training to be a SHIELD agent means training to be ready for anything I guess...
  • Southside84
    Southside84 Posts: 93 Match Maker
    Anyone else dreading mysterio's last day node in hearts of darkness?  He's practically talos light for uselessness.  At least talos doesn't steal my AP and convert it to something less useful
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Anyone else dreading mysterio's last day node in hearts of darkness?  He's practically talos light for uselessness.  At least talos doesn't steal my AP and convert it to something less useful
    Depending on who paired with. You have to choose to have yellow converted to purple, so that’s not the worst. It’s automatically draining blue that’s an issue, but only if you wanted it for something like Dr. Strange’s stun or... or um... lemme check the roster real quick.
    (that one’s cheap. And that. Set at 3. Don’t use him. Or him.)
    Oh! Hybrid Tech Slicer is good to keep blue for. Sorry, been a 5* player for a bit, and pairing with Thorkoye makes blue good damage that fuels Okoye’s heal, or gets boosted by Gritty’s strikes and fuels Phase and Conquer if you get too low on strikes. But when working with other tiers, yeah, I could see preferring things like Wind Storm, Magnetized Projectiles, Peacemaker, the aforementioned Crimson Bands, or a few of the harder-hitting 4* powers like Vulture’s, Yondu’s, or [insert preferred, 4* has several good blue powers that 5* hasn’t caught up with]. Thankfully, the Mysterio node took Teen Jean out after the first several runs, so it’s only bad when the AI gets a match 5 now. It’s Professor X(4*), Iceman(4*), and Cyclops(4*) by the way for those unfamiliar with Hearts of Darkness. At least when we face the Inhumans, Profe$$or X doesn’t make charged tiles to help Black Bolt and Lockjaw kill you.
  • Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    Not as much as facing Royal Family with my 1 cover PX5.