Known Issue: Incorrect Very High Enemy HP Values

IceIX
IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,312 Site Admin

We've been getting reports from some users that some enemies past the Tutorial Training Dummy and Young Knight are being generated with outlandishly high HP values, often in the thousands.

From what we're seeing so far, it looks to be an isolated bug that isn't happening to many players, but is still hitting some people. Good news, most players seem to be just fine. Bad news, it seems to be random so far as to who it's hitting which makes the bug harder to track down and squash. They don't call that enemy a Rogue Skeleton for nothing.

We're not sure precisely what's causing this issue yet appreciate any info you all can give on characters that are experiencing it. Character class, selected items, spells, side quests that you may have done leading up to seeing it, etc. We're grabbing all the info from players that we can see, but concise information will help to track it down quicker.

I know that some of you have tried uninstalling and such to see if a "1.0 non-patched version" or something fixes it, but since there wasn't a day zero patch, that's unlikely to work. We're trying to replicate this bug internally as well and I'll update if we have any workarounds to share in the meantime.

We apologize to players that are experiencing this issue and hope to have a fix ASAP that we can get into the game.

Comments

• IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,312 Site Admin

Update!

We've tracked down the source of the bug and are working on a patch as I type this. After making sure the patch doesn't make the game explode or something, we'll be getting it through the submission and release process as fast as we can. Can't give an exact timeline on that since some of that process is opaque, but we're working at it.

In the meantime, there *is* a workaround. Players that are experiencing this and have their game systems set to a non-English language in System Settings should be able to get around the bug by setting the system to English. You can then set the game language to whatever you want. This will work with current saves as well, so you won't lose progress. Not ideal, I know, but the patch should solve this in the long run.

• MDuleba
    MDuleba Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
    Guys, are you looking into all other bugs reportes here in the forum? We as community trusted you and bought the game. It would be great to receive respose if all these other bugs will be fixed and when

• holybug
    holybug Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    they had 50% off in JP server, it seems d3go already gave up any update schedule.