Specials Summary Screen Stuck Open [Investigating]

Borstock
Borstock Posts: 2,516 Chairperson of the Boards
On Android, I encountered a bug where the screen that pops up summarizing the specials on the board for each team wouldn't go away. This screen covered my team up so I couldn't select anyone to fire their powers. When I pressed the X, the button depressed, but nothing happened. I tried minimizing the window and going back in, but that didn't clear it. I was able to finish the match, but the only damage I could do was match damage the rest of the way. The next match, the issue did not repeat. 

I don't know how to recreate the error and it hasn't happened again. 

//Edited Title - Tombstone

Comments

• DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,368 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2019
    I had a similar issue (iOS). I had opened the tile details for some nonspecial tile, and somehow that window stayed open during my match and the AI's turn. It only went away after I clicked another tile, replacing the 'old' information window that I could close normally.

/edit: can;t recall if this was R185 or R184.
  • abmoraz
    abmoraz Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    I have noticed that since R185, my screen touch seems ... "off".  I have to touch about a 1/4" above where I want to interact with (about 1 full gem in the actual game portion).  I was having an issue trying to start a match because I couldn't click the "FIGHT" button (until I tapped above it and it depressed).

Dunno if this is the same thing or not.  Just trying to add more info to the pile.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    This was happening to me last night, specifically in the Venom Bomb Loaner Node. Pretty much exactly as DeNappa describes above.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2019
    Yep.  Happening on my phone (Samsung S9).

DeNappa said:

/edit: can;t recall if this was R185 or R184.

184 for me.  Can tell because 185 added the awful grey navigation bar to my screen, which wasn't in this screenshot. 

• Tombstone
    Tombstone ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 1,208 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2019
    Hi everyone, the team is currently looking into this issue. The current workaround that you can use when you encounter this issue is to tap on a tile on the board to bring up its description instead and then tap the X to close the window. 
  • eddidit
    eddidit Posts: 86 Match Maker
    There are times when the info box telling you how much damage the tile does doesn't close when hitting the X. The work around is to tap a different tile to get a new box to pop up then the box can close. I'm on Android ver9

Also the Google Play store keeps randomly opening up. 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    I got the info box stuff as well.

I didn't experience anything regarding Google Play randomly opening up.
  • Tombstone
    Tombstone ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 1,208 Chairperson of the Boards
    @eddidit
    @HoundofShadow
    I'll add this to the known issues list. The current workaround that you can use when you encounter this issue is to tap on a tile on the board to bring up its description instead and then tap the X to close the window. 
  • abmoraz
    abmoraz Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    Just chiming in to say this happens to me too on Android.  @Tombstone 's workaround above does work.  Once you click on a different gem, the "X" for the summary becomes tappable and you can close the summary box.