**** Captain America (Worthy) ****

Comments

• ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wow.. another repeat character.. marvel must be running out of characters  :smirk: yes I’m that guy.. he may have a great powers but they could have been added to a character who isn’t in the game multiple times already *shrug*
    You sound like the kind of guy who isn't looking forward to running the all matching-costumed, entirely-overlapping-colored team of Worthy Cap, Peggy & 4* Sam Wilson as much as I likely will...or, as I like to call such a person, "a smart player" :smiley:
  • 9RMetal
    9RMetal Posts: 60 Match Maker
    Hopefully I'll get the chance to recruit him
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    creating exclusivity yellow CDs is a bummer though. 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    There aren't many characters who can create charge tiles and not have colour overlap with Worthy Cap. Mordo is the best for more colour coverage because he creates charged tiles. TA Hulk could create 6 charged tiles for 7 black ap. Jubilee could create 4 charged tiles with 9 green aps.

Worthy Cap + TA Hulk + Jubilee = Totally Worthy Charging Team with all colours coverage.  :D
  • MrEd95
    MrEd95 Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    There aren't many characters who can create charge tiles and not have colour overlap with Worthy Cap. Mordo is the best for more colour coverage because he creates charged tiles. TA Hulk could create 6 charged tiles for 7 black ap. Jubilee could create 4 charged tiles with 9 green aps.

Worthy Cap + TA Hulk + Jubilee = Totally Worthy Charging Team with all colours coverage.  :D
    Black Bolt would probably be one of the best to help, with the only overlap being yellow, which doesn’t matter, as cap’s is passive
  • dingo
    dingo Posts: 46 Just Dropped In
    After Playing with him in SHIELD Training I found him to be a fun character to play with, but he feels  incomplete. I think his red countdown needs to be fortified and his yellow is very situational.... there's only so much yellow on the board. 

You could play him with C4rol and Valkyrie in place of Red Hulk, but then you're fighting Valkyrie for yellow.

Another option is to get as many charged tiles as possible via TA Hulk, Mordo, Jubilee, Black Bolt, 5torm, and so on, but then his blue is underwhelming still. It needs strike tiles to have a real punch.

I do think he is a decent character and there are many other options for teammates i didn't mention, but I just think he falls in the Sabretooth category of only shining when paired with Okoye.
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,069 Chairperson of the Boards
    The Shield team he was paired with was a terrible match IMO. I can’t understand why they don’t pair new releases with characters that have some synergy to showcase them a little.

That said, he was underwhelming for me in that event because Juggs did all the heavy lifting.
  • Thanos
    Thanos Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    A couple teams where he shines. His yellow needs balancing and keeps him from being truly worthy. Taking team requests

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    jp1 said:
    The Shield team he was paired with was a terrible match IMO. I can’t understand why they don’t pair new releases with characters that have some synergy to showcase them a little.

That said, he was underwhelming for me in that event because Juggs did all the heavy lifting.
    It was a good opposing team to show him off, tho. He smashed plenty of face for me after Chulk stopped by the hot dog stand!
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,260 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2019
    After playing his node in Shield training, his yellow is massively flawed. After the first proc, you're basically out of yellow tiles to convert and it becomes almost non-functional at converting yellow...  It sure denies that color though.

You need to change the color it makes the countdown tiles on.

Seems great otherwise.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2019
    dingo said

I do think he is a decent character and there are many other options for teammates i didn't mention, but I just think he falls in the Sabretooth category of only shining when paired with Okoye.
    How dare you, sir or madam, slander Mr. Creed so shamelessly.

It's true that sabretooth is 5*-strong when paired with okoye.  And it's true that he isn't quite in the 4* meta because he can't double dip on strikes with his red. But I still think he is excellent in 4* land for punishing teams that produce lots of strikes, and strikes are a big part of the meta.  So he has a solid role on his own, and is borderline meta with okoye (because his currently has the most efficient active, instant damage power to proc her passive, gives her a useful black outlet, and can also passively proc her black).
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    That team with Hawkeye and Coulson is taking forever to end the match, even though they have endless aps. 

I like the animation and the sound. I thought Juggy were overshadowing him. 

By the end of the match, Worthy Cap was almost dead, despite the damage reduction. It also meant that he soaked up a lot of damage.

I think I would give him a go again in Shield Training.  I didn't get to fire his blue power at all because there aren't many blue tiles.
  • chf5868
    chf5868 Posts: 21 Just Dropped In
    Awesome! Another....Captain America.**sigh**. Why bother using 1 of hundreds of heroes or villains not currently in the game when you can make a 7th "version" of the same old character? I'm not a huge X-Men fan, but heck, what about Mister Sinister? Omega Red? Any of the 90's New Mutants? What about Kang or Attuma? Union Jack or Spitfire? The devs just seem to be getting too lazy to think outside the box. Does everyone understand that it's Marvel COMICS, not Marvel feature/blockbuster movies???
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
    chf5868 said:
    Awesome! Another....Captain America.**sigh**. Why bother using 1 of hundreds of heroes or villains not currently in the game when you can make a 7th "version" of the same old character? I'm not a huge X-Men fan, but heck, what about Mister Sinister? Omega Red? Any of the 90's New Mutants? What about Kang or Attuma? Union Jack or Spitfire? The devs just seem to be getting too lazy to think outside the box. Does everyone understand that it's Marvel COMICS, not Marvel feature/blockbuster movies???
    As you've probably seen in another post of mine earlier in the thread, you'll be seeing more new-new characters soon. It's not all variants!
  • dingo
    dingo Posts: 46 Just Dropped In
    edited September 2019
    Vhailorx said:
    dingo said

How dare you, sir or madam, slander Mr. Creed so shamelessly.

It's true that sabretooth is 5*-strong when paired with okoye.  And it's true that he isn't quite in the 4* meta because he can't double dip on strikes with his red. But I still think he is excellent in 4* land for punishing teams that produce lots of strikes, and strikes are a big part of the meta.  So he has a solid role on his own, and is borderline meta with okoye (because his currently has the most efficient active, instant damage power to proc her passive, gives her a useful black outlet, and can also passively proc her black).
    I can't tell if you're joking or not....

Sabretooth is 1 out of 84 champed 4* characters I have. I don't use him much, although i don't have Okoye champed.... Kinda got lost in the shuffle if you know what I mean. Why would I use him for pve over Gritty/Gamora (soon to be replaced by Juggs to form the team Grittysjuggs)? 

Anyway, Hammercap is going to be, yet another forgotten about character unless you need some easy countdowns.

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,289 Chairperson of the Boards
    @IceIX

Would it be possible to confirm whether The Worthiest Avenger will enter tokens at the start of the Anniversary season?  I believe the rule has been "if the character's featured PVP ends after the season ends, then they can't enter the following season" or something.  But we look to have an extended off season coming up, so maybe that won't apply here.
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    MrEd95 said:

Black Bolt would probably be one of the best to help, with the only overlap being yellow, which doesn’t matter, as cap’s is passive

Don't forget about:
    Lockjaw: 8 Green AP gets you 8 random charged tiles, plus he has his passive that damages the enemy if any are in their strongest color, and he punishes the enemy team for matching them.
    Coulson: 8 Purple lets you swap and charge any 2
    3* Gambit
    Mr. Fantastic

• Feliz
    Feliz Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    I actually prefer multiple variants of same ol' characters, makes us think more. For instance you may have 2 big hulks but...you can only have one on the team.
    Would like to see a character with a passive power that allows two of same character though hint hint @IceIX ;)
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,704 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don’t mind good variants. I just care if they will get any use or not. There’s plenty of one shot deals that are ****. Makes sense to have more of the most popular characters. The general public don’t care about magik or Wiccan until they have seen them on film or tv.

I was looking forward to this cap but for me I needed this to be a 5* release but I’m sure I won’t have to wait forever for another 5* cap. I think the 5* tier could have benefitted from his skill set more than the 4*s. 2019 has had some really excellent four stars.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    You know, I thought that the enemy team was really well composed to show him off. His playstyle worked for me, and I liked his animations.