Stop the pop-up madness! Please!

Ok I know I already posted about this inside one of the patch posts but this has gotten so out of hand since the last two updates that I felt it needed it's own post:

The ingame pop-ups are out of control! Please make it so that either:

1) Any "news" related pop-ups only appear once and never again but include an option where you can go and read past news pop-ups
or
2) Make pop-ups only happen once per app launch.

I have literally (and I mean that word, literally) seen these same 2-3 popus 100 to 200 times since yesterday; at least. It's enough to drive me mad! Please, for the love of all that is holy, STOP!!!!

Comments

• And also the full slot notification pop up is irritating.
  • Agreed on both of these. Even worse, the PvP tourney results are interspersed with the repeated News popus, so you can X out of it by accident when you were just trying to get through the stupid popups.

How did this make it through QA?
  • It does get rather irritating being spammed with multiple pop-ups every time you enter the game. A reduction would be greatly appreciated!
  • Just FYI, this is IceIX's response from a different (but related) thread:
    IceIX wrote:
    We're aware of the issue and notice it ourselves. You should see (or rather, you shouldn't) what it's like on the QA servers with all the events running that we've done before available for QA purposes. It's a bit annoying to say the least. icon_e_smile.gif

So it sounds like they're aware of the "issue" but it isn't as high priority as some of the other issues (which sounds about right, this issue is annoying but it doesn't break the game or anything). icon_e_smile.gif
  • I know we did get a bit of an official response on this that they know it is a problem but I did want to second this and also add in my opinion. We have that little Email button in the top corner which could be turned into a Notification Button. It would get a 1, 2, 3, 4, etc as notifications are received and it would be on the user to click it, review them, and clear them.