New Story(?) Event: Gwen Prix

Comments

• jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,068 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have them both champed. Went with Magik for the 4cp reward Vs the 100hp Riri reward.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Raise your hand if you thought Magik & Riri would be your choice of 4*’s in this event.

Having reached the end, I was happy with this event.  The 2v2 and 1v1 scaling seemed a bit off, but that was a small complaint in an otherwise fine event.

Oh and FWIW I got a Magik champ level. 
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah, nice choice of 4* covers,

Please run this all the time.
    Ktxby.
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,068 Chairperson of the Boards
    One thing that was strange...it showed an essential character for the node, however it didn’t force you to use them. A glitch maybe?
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,651 Chairperson of the Boards
    I went for the magick cover. Mine was 5-4-3, now 5-4-4. Woot woot.
  • Greenroom
    Greenroom Posts: 71 Match Maker
    Got a red Magik with my win today, so she is ready to be champed when the Iso supply is looking a little healthier
  • RentedPanda
    RentedPanda Posts: 95 Match Maker
    I also went for Magick, as she is unfinished for me while my Riri is champed.  I thought the match was good on challenge level
  • Therealsmkspy
    Therealsmkspy Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    edited September 2019
    Overall liked it, but given the measly rewards, should just be a daily 4* reward event. It's absolutely time and this is the perfect way to implement it without a complete Daily Deadpool overhaul.

And picked Riri since it leveled her to 349.
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 967 Critical Contributor
    I chose the imo easier route before even checking the rewards. That was stupid, bc I got Riri (champ level) though I could have used Magik better.
  • bk201
    bk201 Posts: 94 Match Maker
    tiomono said:
    I went for the magick cover. Mine was 5-4-3, now 5-4-4. Woot woot.
    Exactly the same case! Now she's ready to be champed! Woot woot!
  • IIAlonditeII
    IIAlonditeII Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    Overall liked it, but given the measly rewards, should just be a daily 4* reward event. It's absolutely time and this is the perfect way to implement it without a complete Daily Deadpool overhaul.

And picked Riri since it leveled her to 349.
    I agree - Devs should make a new tab called "Daily" separate from story and versus. This and DPD should be in the Daily Tab, and this should run every day. Selectable 4* covers (between two), a couple 2 stars, a 3*, a little bit of Iso and a little bit of tokens actually gives decent mileage towards combating 4* dilution and the ISO economy, if it is run daily. 

If they run it every 5 days, it's still something, but it will work out to be "too little" in the long run, especially with the release schedule of 4* caharacters.

• skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    Looks like a lot of us got lucky with Magik.
    I had her at 2/5/5. Pulled a purple, now she's my newest champ.
  • Xception81
    Xception81 Posts: 406 Mover and Shaker
    Looks like a lot of us got lucky with Magik.
    I had her at 2/5/5. Pulled a purple, now she's my newest champ.
    And yet for every success story, there’s someone like me who had her at 2/1/5, pulled a blue, and now she’s 2/1/6... lol! Super happy there are saved covers. 😄
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    I happened to have a 4/4/4 Magik from organic pulls and whatever, so this random cover was exactly what I needed to finish her up. Thanks, Gwen Prix!
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards
    I went for Magik too but twas a 6th blue cover for mine.

Liked the event though, more please.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards
    Overall I liked this event.  It was useful to be able to choose between RiRi or Magik.  In my case RiRi dropped at LT at 289,  but I could see why someone might choose the magik cover as well.

The only issue I would change is allow players to do all 5 nodes on the first day.  The pace of rewards  is fine, but 1 node of play per day seems awkward.  Let us do all 5 nodes at once so people can get the chore done and out of the way.

otherwise it was a good addition and I hope the covers are chosen so that they cycle through all the 4* rapidly.
  • Jormagund
    Jormagund Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    I went Magik too, as I've only got a few 4 star champs and she's closer to that target.  Nice little event, fun with OK rewards for the minimal time investment.
    Would like to see it run concurrently with Deadpool's dailies.
    I'd have liked to see the fan fiction run across five daily instalments rather than two new ones each day i9f I could have changed anything.
  • carlj64
    carlj64 Posts: 45 Just Dropped In
    Enjoyed the event. Couple of nodes were a health pack nightmare. Went for Magic as I pop Chavez against strange and just collect ap for an easy victory. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    I hope future runs continue to offer a choice between a recent and classic character. I’m not sure if that was intentional or accidental this run, but it’s a better roster building offering for people than it being totally random or alphabetical by first name or whatever.