Basilica event still annoying

124»

Comments

• Fuzzbap
    Fuzzbap Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
    Fuzzbap said:
    Fuzzbap said:
    Really having trouble with Superior Ock. Lvl 480, can't be stunned, does about 2,600 basic match damage, seems to get a match 4 on practically every turn. Oh, and ignores invisibility with specials that wipe Miles in one hit. It's a bit much.
    The one I faced was LVL 520.  Brought in a full health Gladiathor.  Got yellow very quickly to start pumping out shields, then waited until I had enough green, yellow, and red AP to one-shot him.  The match ended with my Thor at about 2600 health left.  I got lucky in that I didn't match/destroy his Superior Science tile, or else Thor would have been killed.
    My Thor's only level 375 so wouldn't have much luck against Ock. It seems that any win is gonna be as much down to luck as any kind of tactic, but I've given up on the node. It's much too frustrating. I still don't get how Ock's specials hit an invisible Miles as I think they're single attacks rather than team ones.

I hope there's a little thought given to these 1v1 nodes when this event rolls around again. There's challenging, and then there's what we get here.

I think Doc Ock's abilities do team damage, which means they hit everyone - Invisible or not.
    Didn't realise that. I didn't think the descriptions mentioned team damage. The missions will have refreshed now anyway, so I'm about to see what other 1v1 insanity they have in store for us.
  • Fuzzbap
    Ok, pretty sure that One Fell Swoop is not a team attack, so how is it wiping out my invisible Miles? 
  • Fuzzbap
    Fuzzbap said:
    Ok, pretty sure that One Fell Swoop is not a team attack, so how is it wiping out my invisible Miles? 
    Scratch that, I guess he hit me after going airborne
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,893 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2019
    I beat everyone with Miles (no boosts). Just prioritize purple and deny any colors that fuel AOE attacks. 

Just looked and my enemy Vulture is 530. My Miles is 327 unboosted  I don’t know what he boosts to because all the nodes are locked. 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,572 Chairperson of the Boards
    I know he is no good for the higher scaled battles but Infinity War Spider-Man makes this battle completely trivial. My Vulture was level 450ish but he can't hurt you with all those webs on the board you can stockpile whilst he goes airborne. Then it is simply a matter of punching his stupid beak.
  • Fuzzbap
    Got Vulture in the end with Miles. Ock still bested me but hey ho. I still think the devs should consider removing the stun immunity from the next iteration. It's just piling something needless on top of an already challenging fight.
  • Fuzzbap
    Rhipf said:
    Fuzzbap said:
    Got Vulture in the end with Miles. Ock still bested me but hey ho. I still think the devs should consider removing the stun immunity from the next iteration. It's just piling something needless on top of an already challenging fight.
    At the very least if they are stun immune (and don't normally have stun resist) then they shouldn't be able to stun our characters.
    Too true. Especially when you consider Ock can stun you, and comes with a handy dandy repeating heal that decimates you if you match it away.
  • 111MCH111
    111MCH111 Posts: 116 Tile Toppler
    Round 7:  I have used my lvl 291 Vulture vs the 1 on 1 Vulture lvl 404. It worked. Guess what AI likes 4 in a row, which resulted in black and early airborne for me. With some timing I was able to erase his countdowns and he did not survive....My Vulture has 5/3/5 cover build.
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,068 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don’t mind the challenge of the 1v1. It makes for some interesting play. I definitely understand how it could be frustrating for people with limited roster choices though.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:
    I know he is no good for the higher scaled battles but Infinity War Spider-Man makes this battle completely trivial. My Vulture was level 450ish but he can't hurt you with all those webs on the board you can stockpile whilst he goes airborne. Then it is simply a matter of punching his stupid beak.
    Iron Spidey was the MVP of the event for me. Only lost once with him and it was against Black Cat since I got a board with like no reds and when reds did drop she got them immediately. Going into the event I didn't even want to champ him because I was hoarding iso for Juggs but I'm glad that I did as he's pretty solid.
  • abenness
    abenness Posts: 228 Tile Toppler
    shardwick said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    Iron Spidey was the MVP of the event for me. Only lost once with him and it was against Black Cat since I got a board with like no reds and when reds did drop she got them immediately. Going into the event I didn't even want to champ him because I was hoarding iso for Juggs but I'm glad that I did as he's pretty solid.
    Miles (mostly) and Kitty (Ock) got me through the one-on-ones, but I will champ Iron Spidey next time this comes around to give him a whirl.

Add my vote to the "don't mind the one-on-ones because they give me a challenge" (and are un-timed)
  • Zombionicdoom
    Zombionicdoom Posts: 98 Match Maker
    I really enjoyed the one on one battles and the challenge of taking out a much higher opponent. Iron Spidey definitely helped though! Superior Doc got me once (1 match away from downing him 😩) got him the second time though. Infinity punch to oblivion!!