Pre-emptive request

Options
I'm doing pretty well in the current PVE so I will definitely obtain at least one Lazy Cap cover, so this isn't a request in my personal interest, but with that said I know that the event immediately afterwards will either be a Lazy Cap PVP or another PVE with 'Lazy Cap Required' mission nodes. In the interest of fairness for all players, may I request that the inevitable 'Lazy Cap Required' mission nodes are instead just 'Cap Required' mission nodes? It still rewards those who won the covers by being able to play the node with a (potentially) stronger Cap, but doesn't alienate those players who didn't manage to get one. I can't really see any justification for not doing this, it still seems unfair to me that the most valuable nodes in each PVP always seem to require certain 3* characters (designated by yourselves as 'rare').

I know it probably won't happen, but this at least seems like some kind of compromise. At the very least, try downgrading the 'character required' nodes so that they're not the most valuable nodes that players need to play to score well, it creates a 'rich get richer' environment where players without certain covers don't have the mission access required to get them in the future.

Comments

• I can't really see any justification for not doing this

It's to create incentive to buy the guaranteed champion X packs. So yeah, won't change.
  • akboyce
    akboyce Posts: 283 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    finwe wrote:
    I can't really see any justification for not doing this

It's to create incentive to buy the guaranteed champion X packs. So yeah, won't change.

Yea. It is not designed to be fair. It is designed to create a need for the new character. Many people are not fighting for Lazy Cap because they like him. It is because they know he will provide a key advantage in the next events. This advantage pushes people in the current event (and thus pushes sales for that event) and drives sales in the event where the new guy is buffed/needed.

It is a critical strategy for them that drives profits especially with characters who have less inherent desirability like the Lazy ones. I know I do not want Lazy Cap or Thor.. but I also know I need them.
  • quadiak
    quadiak Posts: 177 Tile Toppler
    Options
    In MPQ, as in life, any event that is based on the potential influx of cash earning has no fairness. This very idea of interjecting fairness undermines all initiatives to generate income. Survival of the fittest only relates to the animal kingdom. In the human kingdom it is survival of the richest, and MPQ is a very accurate representation of this theory.

That being said I do agree with you up to a point. Point being that Lazy Cap will likely be weaker than Old Cap up to at least level 115. I base this statement on my experience with Lazy Thor and all my other 3* covers. I personally find little to no advantage with the 3* covers, other than some of their individual powers, until they are nearing their max level.

Personally I am not looking forward to the Lazy Cap, as I am sure he will prove to be just as unless as Original Cap, who has long ago lost his place in my roster. I have sold off every Cap cover I have ever earned, and even though I have been forced to forfeit a few event nodes because he is missing, I have no regrets because I find him completely useless(yes I know this is only my opinion). My biggest dilemma is going to be whether I sell off the Lazy Cap covers I win for the extra 500 Iso8 each or potentially waste 350 HP to add a roster slot for him just to compete in a couple events?
  • I agree with OP, it doesn't have to be a all-or-nothing proposition. You can make the 3* Cap superbuffed (add +100 levels) and don't buff the 2* Cap for that event. So when there's a node that requires Cap, people would still put in effort in previous event to get 3* version and also purchase tokens to get him. They would have advantage and significant incentive to spend time/money on him, but people with 2* Cap can at least attempt that mission.
  • The degree to which the most recent character provides an advantage may vary, but it will always provide an advantage. That's the game you're playing.
  • Quad, at the very least hang onto 3* cap until the next new cover hits. You know he's going to be +100 levels and a node unlocked for the next pve or two.

I'd hang onto as many characters as possible just for node unlocks, but at least wait till he's old news to dump him.
  • Moral
    Moral Posts: 512
    Options
    Driving participation is the key, not tokens.

Participation will be driven by those wanting all 3 covers and players will spend on health packs, boosts and other advantages to win the initial covers because they know subsequent events will require cap. And 3 color cap >> free cap.

The tokens probably generate less than the event revenue with players preferring to go for the win, not the lottery.
  • itstime1234
    itstime1234 Posts: 369 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Moral wrote:
    Driving participation is the key, not tokens.

Participation will be driven by those wanting all 3 covers and players will spend on health packs, boosts and other advantages to win the initial covers because they know subsequent events will require cap. And 3 color cap >> free cap.

The tokens probably generate less than the event revenue with players preferring to go for the win, not the lottery.

You speak as though its mutually exclusive which they are absolutely not. Its not like someone said hey MPQ, you can only generate revenue through one stream. Some money may come from buying the pack, others might buy individual covers they want to max out, others may want some ISO.

I wouldnt be surprised if slots was the number 1 profit generator, yet you dont see them giving shields away for free.
  • quadiak
    Options
    Impulse wrote:
    Quad, at the very least hang onto 3* cap until the next new cover hits. You know he's going to be +100 levels and a node unlocked for the next pve or two.

I'd hang onto as many characters as possible just for node unlocks, but at least wait till he's old news to dump him.

Agreed, there really is no such thing as a wasted slot anyway. He likely will get turfed eventually to make room for a useful cover though.

On the other hand, being a member of a successful alliance I owe it to my fellow members to do my best in all alliance events, even if it means holding on to a low level Cap of each incarnation just to be able to complete these nodes.
    You speak as though its mutually exclusive which they are absolutely not. Its not like someone said hey MPQ, you can only generate revenue through one stream. Some money may come from buying the pack, others might buy individual covers they want to max out, others may want some ISO.

I wouldnt be surprised if slots was the number 1 profit generator, yet you dont see them giving shields away for free.

I could be wrong but what I get from Moraks statement is pertaining only to the time during which players are competing in the PVE style events. Of course once the event is over they will do what they must in order to stay competitive in the next events related to the character.

This does make me wonder though, do you guys think anyone actually buys the remaining covers to complete a character? The whole lottery thing is just ridiculous, but cover upgrades are available once you get the first one. Although at 1250 HP each for 3* covers once again the pricing is way over the top.
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Options
    quadiak wrote:
    Impulse wrote:
    This does make me wonder though, do you guys think anyone actually buys the remaining covers to complete a character? The whole lottery thing is just ridiculous, but cover upgrades are available once you get the first one. Although at 1250 HP each for 3* covers once again the pricing is way over the top.

Definitely. For high-level players, it's one of the only things to spend HP on.
  • quadiak
    Options
    Nemek wrote:

For high-level players, .

I guess thats one way to put it icon_lol.gif
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Options
    quadiak wrote:
    Nemek wrote:

For high-level players, .

I guess thats one way to put it icon_lol.gif

lol
  • You definitely get to the point where you don't need every HP you get to go to roster spots and can start accumulating it.
  • F2p, 12k hp, 34 slots or so. I shall never be for want for roster slots. The rest is there almost like a trust fund foryself if they ever drop some really cool hero I like. Especially a 4**** as it takes way longe to obtain a full 4****.
  • quadiak
    Options
    Impulse wrote:
    You definitely get to the point where you don't need every HP you get to go to roster spots and can start accumulating it.

F2p, 12k hp, 34 slots or so. I shall never be for want for roster slots. The rest is there almost like a trust fund foryself if they ever drop some really cool hero I like. Especially a 4**** as it takes way longe to obtain a full 4****.

It appears that the general consensus here is that instead of selling off characters I never use, I should have been hoarding them for occasional use. Had I played this way, I would likely have had a full roster by now and extra HP banked up.

I have been focusing instead on top leveling the characters I like to use and using up my extra HP on shielding for top ten finishes, I guess maybe I got ahead of myself and I am seriously rethinking my current strategy.

Thanks for the great advise.

Sorry Fluffyudders for thread jacking your original post, but in my defense I think I my have learned a valuable lesson. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    Options
    Impulse wrote:
    You definitely get to the point where you don't need every HP you get to go to roster spots and can start accumulating it.
    Yep, I just hit this point a few days. It was a strange feeling: actually having a couple of extra roster slots waiting for characters.

For the first time, I bought an event Daily Deal token, and it turned out to be a blue Hood. Worth it.
    quadiak wrote:
    It appears that the general consensus here is that instead of selling off characters I never use, I should have been hoarding them for occasional use. Had I played this way, I would likely have had a full roster by now and extra HP banked up.

I have been focusing instead on top leveling the characters I like to use and using up my extra HP on shielding for top ten finishes, I guess maybe I got ahead of myself and I am seriously rethinking my current strategy.
    I think the consensus is to build up your core characters, keep as many 3* covers as you can, and try to keep mediocre characters that are often buffed for events (like Captain America and Moonstone).

P.S. - I'm F2P.