Battle at the Basilica Discussion Thread

ZootSax
ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
Even though it ran pretty recently (at least in Alliance event terms), I couldn't remember the details of this event at all, so I looked up the old thread.  Here's a link to save time/effort for anyone else who had the same thought:
https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/78913/new-alliance-event-battle-at-the-basilica-updated-7-1-19/p1
(it appears that the boosted character list is the same and that the weekly boosted list doesn't apply...which is a shame with how strong the 3* & 4* boosted characters are this week)

I really hope the later 3* essential wave node still has the "boss" HAMMER Commander in the wave nodes which was referenced in that thread.  That was the highlight of the last event for me.

Anyway, good luck all and enjoy an event discussion thread in honor of Throwback Thursday.

Comments

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,572 Chairperson of the Boards
    Because of the scheduling last time I missed out on some of the one on o es so looking forward to getting to grips with those this time.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    Was this around when Talos launched on the old run? I feel like I was at GDC or something and mostly missed out on it too. So far it's pretty similar to other boss events for me, but i like solo nodes for a change of pace.
  • ZootSax
    The Carnage, Kraven & Mutation node was one of the more devious side nodes in recent memory for a boss battle.  At least 3* players have Hawkguy now, but any tier below that would really struggle here.
  • WinterRose2
    WinterRose2 Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    Why Black Cat rewards again? They just had her cards in a recent (July?) alliance event.  Also round 5 is not giving our alliance members with mid-level rosters a chance. 
  • ZootSax
    I’d forgotten how hard the side 1v1 nodes got.  With 4 refreshes to go, it’s already 30 levels above my highest boosted character.  

On the plus side, the “boss” Hammer Commander was still there, so that’s a relief.  Maybe the Anniversary character will be a limited 5* Hammer Commander.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    ZootSax said:
    I’d forgotten how hard the side 1v1 nodes got.  With 4 refreshes to go, it’s already 30 levels above my highest boosted character.  

On the plus side, the “boss” Hammer Commander was still there, so that’s a relief.  Maybe the Anniversary character will be a limited 5* Hammer Commander.
    Last time this ran, I only had one 5* champ, and then a bunch of 310-ish 4*. Now that I'm on full 5* scaling, it's been getting brutal. Iron Spidey has been punching way above his level in the one-on-ones, tho, or else I'd be in serious trouble, because none of my 5* are particularly great there.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax said:

Last time this ran, I only had one 5* champ, and then a bunch of 310-ish 4*. Now that I'm on full 5* scaling, it's been getting brutal. Iron Spidey has been punching way above his level in the one-on-ones, tho, or else I'd be in serious trouble, because none of my 5* are particularly great there.
    Yeah, if Ghost wasn’t so amazing (even unboosted) I’d be in serious trouble.  I suspect once the 1v1 nodes crest Lv500 for me (likely by mid day tomorrow),  which is ~150 above my boosted characters, I’ll finally start giving up on them more.
  • Shuck4u
    Shuck4u Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    Why in the hell is the 1 on 1 so damned hard? Way to go people! This is how you piss off new players and loose players and financing! I can beat them, but most of my alliance can not. If you do not alliance's to reach the final al level and get the final reward, just say so. We do not like wasting our time.