Venom Heroic

Comments

• Misguided wrote:
    I must confess I just do not understand this mentality of punishing people for playing missions early

Yeah, same here. Some of the missions are now worth 11 times where they started. If I had simply waited to do them, I'd have my thousand points already.

Your bracket is insane then. Mine have just gone up 10-20% of what they were worth.
  • The repeatables started out for me at 5 points, went as high as 28, and are now back to 5. I must be ahead of the curve for now. (Sitting at 708 points for now.)
  • DumDumDugn wrote:
    Misguided wrote:
    I must confess I just do not understand this mentality of punishing people for playing missions early

Yeah, same here. Some of the missions are now worth 11 times where they started. If I had simply waited to do them, I'd have my thousand points already.

Your bracket is insane then. Mine have just gone up 10-20% of what they were worth.

If you look back at the original post, the entire board added up to 115 points. There are individual missions now that are nearly that high.
  • Misguided wrote:
    DumDumDugn wrote:
    Misguided wrote:

If you look back at the original post, the entire board added up to 115 points. There are individual missions now that are nearly that high.

The highest mission for me is like 30.
  • Bainee
    Bainee Posts: 139 Tile Toppler
    Our repeatable missions are worth 60+ points when you are not in first.

When you are in first they are worth 5 points. As long as you have someone to trade off wins with you can run away with it, their rubber band has turned into a slingshot.
  • Bainee
    And they found away to make PVE just like PVP tournaments. Doesn't matter what you did all week. You can catch up and win in the last couple hours.
  • Since most of my characters are locked, I'm using lv71 C-spidey, lv28 wolvie, lv14 Original Widow to complete the missions.
    Thanks to 3* tournament, my spidey's blue power is lv5 now, stun will delay the countdown times, so my team can finish all the missions except the last one...
  • I'm in first so the only missions I can play now are the three dark avengers (total waste of time at 5 points) and the Yelena/120 Maggia characters which is also pretty much a waste at 5 points.
  • Bainee wrote:

When you are in first they are worth 5 points. As long as you have someone to trade off wins with you can run away with it, their rubber band has turned into a slingshot.
     /      \ FFFFFF
    / \    / \ FFFFF
    |(* ) ( *)\ FFFF
    |    __   | FFUU
    |   /  \  | UUUU
    |  /_M_/  | UUUU
    \        / UUUUU

I mean, cool!
  • Bainee
    Bainee wrote:

Up to 80 points now.
  • Unknown
    edited November 2013
    Yep, 82 points when I am second, 5 points when first. Btw atm I have 1291 points.
    Will our points reset also after 12h (or only missions progress)? So we can farm progression rewards each 12 hours? Or I already got all, and thats it for fun. Either way system is bad.
    IceX something is very wrong with this banding points. They are getting exponential growth icon_lol.gif

EDIT: Actually I got 94 even I was in first place for Yelena Belova Mission
  • On the one hand, this does not fill me with a large amount of confidence in my ability to finish high in this tournament.

On the other hand, hey, free Black Widow Original.
  • So... At 444 I am currently 6th in my bracket. Looks good for getting the Original Widow covers less good for getting the thousand Hero points (or getting all 8 rewards from replayable missions! because damn those are hard with Spidey in the 30s, Wolvie in the 20s, and Widow at 8).

Only question now is: Do I buy the Anti-Venom covers?
  • Unknown
    edited November 2013
    Wow, you guys are getting some crazy points for the missions. My max was 28. I started late and am in 1st after clearing all but the 2 hardest. I only have 209 points. Are you guys getting all these points on the repeatable mission? Don't think I'll get to that one as the last 2 are handing me my ****. I sure hope the point totals go up as I'd like a chance at the black widow rewards.

Having fun with new tactics and so glad I got the Spidey covers yesterday or I would be hopeless...

They really should have a reset timer or at least let us know in the notes what time it happens. I guess we will know when it hits. I was all geared up for 11pm EST since that is when the tourney ends on Tue but still waiting.

EDIT - ok so reset is midnight EST. Will be rough getting the max points on the after midnight shift on work days. Bah - sleep is for the weak!
  • JohnduBois wrote:
    So... At 444 I am currently 6th in my bracket. Looks good for getting the Original Widow covers less good for getting the thousand Hero points (or getting all 8 rewards from replayable missions! because damn those are hard with Spidey in the 30s, Wolvie in the 20s, and Widow at 8).

Only question now is: Do I buy the Anti-Venom covers?

444 is a ton of points for the first 12hrs. Unless I am completely not understanding how this works you will be able to start over twice a day until the end. You should be able to get it all I would think.
  • This is crazy talk! I joined late so my bracket is super lame. I'm at number 1 with 76 points. My top earning mission is 24 points. Can someone explain how the rubber banding works?
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Hmm...I thought this heroic was going to be really interesting, where the strategy would be to do all of the missions as close to the end of the reset timer, with still completing them all, and then the person who does it best will win. But, with the repeatables worth 5 points for first and a whole lot more for second and up, it doesn't really matter. You can catch up to first place MUCH faster than they could pull away.

This will likely look like a much closer final score, but I suspect it's going to be a mad house at the end, when the person to be in first going into the last battle is actually in the worst position to win it all.
  • I think the intent is to allow everyone to get the later progression rewards, which was a common complaint. The rubberband effect has done this as seen by the last Heroic episode so much so that some people were asking for more progression rewards.

The (unintended?) consequence, however, is that now it is hard to maintain a gap amongst the top considering it is very likely there is at least one bracket where top spots are heavily contested. If you took the time to grind out that first place lead in your own bracket, the person right behind you can climb up more easily even if there's a 500 point gap because someone in another bracket might only have a 20 point gap between #1 and #2.

I think this makes it a test of who is more dedicated or more powerful. I think that has already been the case. The powerful teams will be able to enter right before resets and speed through the missions to regain their spot. One caveat here is that this is relying on other people maintaining small point gaps in other brackets.

Personally, I don't mind too much besides making PvE more akin to PvP. I have a relatively weak team for this event and probably won't be making top 2 but I'm happy that I'll likely get the Original Widow reward. I could have grinded with 15 min rounds and lose my weekend over it but now I can have peace of mind knowing I just need to finish the missions every 12 hrs and I should be fine.
  • Unknown
    edited November 2013
    I think the intent is to allow everyone to get the later progression rewards, which was a common complaint. The rubberband effect has done this as seen by the last Heroic episode so much so that some people were asking for more progression rewards.

Not sure I agree with this. At least in my bracket, which started this afternoon, the points for stuff is way down. Seems like the ruberbanding is within the bracket so in order to get rewards raised someone in the bracket has to raise the ceiling. If that has not happened (like in mine) then low points will result in it being harder to get the rewards. If nobody in the bracket can grind the repeatable mission then the higher rewards may be out of reach. In mine I was first with 209 for the first reset without being able to complete the two hardest missions. If nobody in my bracket can do better than that then it will be a long tourney. Good new is I have a good chance of a high finish but bad new is no widows... Will be interesting to see how it works out. Seems like they are punishing weaker brackets with less point rewards.

EDIT - now that people are passing me the rewards are going up. Seems like the strategy is to avoid being at the top until you have the rewards you want or it is ending.
  • Bainee
    I am getting 200 points per mission now that the missions reset.

I am going to wait to do them till tomorrow morning.

Someone else can do all the work and I will reap the benefits.