MPQ Sneak Peek: September 2019 Edition *Updated (9/24/19)

Comments

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    She got clawed out. Better luck next time.

Given that Juggernaut was easily recognised as a top tier character, I doubt most will be not pleased with him being essential.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,237 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think all players would have preferred getting Juggernaut covers from the alliance event, and having Black Cat be rewarded from the Hunt and therefore be an ST essential.

But maybe the devs didn't want to give out oodles of free Juggernaut covers, since I would guess that far, far more players get 4* covers from alliance events than get them from placement in PVE.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Damn. I was hoping for Black Cat and two classic 4s. My Juggs has 11 covers so he's ready to go but only have 7 covers for Ronin since I came back to the game recently so no 4* cover for me from Shield Training.
  • bluewolf
    The She-Hulk PVP is up for preview and confirms:

5 Professor's new character boost is already over.

Under a standard 5 release, the CP store would have appeared, and closed a few days later (Monday) leading to the Latest update 2 weeks later.

So if you were lucky enough to have the resources to chase the newest 5 in Latest (say, you hoarded for a good group like this one) you'd have about 1 1/2 weeks of new character boost to enjoy.

Since the devs stuck to the HP store being his release, and based the 4 week new boost on that date, you got a half week this time if you waited for Latests.  As you should have....since Banner was in his release store.

This only impacts a small group of players, but still.....seems kinda lame to me.  I realize it's a trade off vs him entering earlier and possibly being essential sooner.  But it could have been handled better, IMO.  Maybe next time.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    I mean he was already essential immediately so would it be that outrageous to do it a second time?
  • bluewolf
    I mean he was already essential immediately so would it be that outrageous to do it a second time?
    I guess not.

I suppose I should just be glad he's already lost his boost and people won't be running a godmode 5 for a while again.
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 967 Critical Contributor
    shardwick said:
    Damn. I was hoping for Black Cat and two classic 4s. My Juggs has 11 covers so he's ready to go but only have 7 covers for Ronin since I came back to the game recently so no 4* cover for me from Shield Training.
    Similar spot for me.

I'm not surprised by Juggs at all. Happy to say my Juggs already has 9 covers. I'll get a 10th from PVE.
    I keep, however, skipping over Ronin because between Sabretooth and now Juggs, there have been better new 4s to focus on. I really didn't expect Ronin in SHIELD Training again so soon.

Too bad...
    Especially because IceX hinted that this new char is designed to "shake up" the current meta.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,308 Site Admin
    After discussing internally, looks like The Hunt day timing *wasn't* a typo after all!

Just updated 'The Hunt' run timing from 4 days to 3 days and changed start date from 9/15 to 9/16. So originally there would have been a slight gap with a 3 day on 9/15 which is where I was confused. All set now!
  • bluewolf
    IceIX said:
    After discussing internally, looks like The Hunt day timing *wasn't* a typo after all!

Just updated 'The Hunt' run timing from 4 days to 3 days and changed start date from 9/15 to 9/16. So originally there would have been a slight gap with a 3 day on 9/15 which is where I was confused. All set now!
    Interesting.  Since the event starts 9/16, the allys who finish early (usually early Saturday) will have another full day of no pve except for Gwen Prix and DDQ.  Or hitting nodes for fun/iso. 

Usually there’s an overlap with a pve starting the Sunday after the boss event, but I’ll take another day off if it means a 24 hour Florida node. 😉
  • shardwick
    shardwick said:
    Similar spot for me.

I'm not surprised by Juggs at all. Happy to say my Juggs already has 9 covers. I'll get a 10th from PVE.
    I keep, however, skipping over Ronin because between Sabretooth and now Juggs, there have been better new 4s to focus on. I really didn't expect Ronin in SHIELD Training again so soon.

Too bad...
    Especially because IceX hinted that this new char is designed to "shake up" the current meta.
    Yeah, when I retired, or took an extended break, I had a seven cover Bishop so when I came back I had to roster the 4s that I didn't have and then focus on Bishop. Then I was going to go to Ronin or Sabretooth but then Juggs came out. And since dilution is awful it's been a pain trying to get Ronin covered. Feel like the game has been taunting me lately by putting him in nearly every vault too.

@IceIX I'm not really expecting you to answer this but I thought I'd ask anyway. Has there been any discussion about adding a new 4* character to the game that attacks enemy airborne characters or ones that have been sent airborne? I think it would add more strategy to the game for someone like Riri or Nova to knock someone airborne and then have the new character attack them or siphon health off of them while they're in the air.
  • shardwick
    Excellent point @shardwick about the dilution problem. There's been utterly no logic from the dev team in how to combat it even though there was a relatively feasible solution with latest 12 4*s in place already. I acknowledge it didn't suit everyone but certainly would have made successfully covering Juggernaut, T4rch, Ronin, Th4nos, Sabretooth, Bishop, Magik et al somewhat easier. 

My only wish for anniversary at the moment is a workable solution. I'd accept living with all the other games flaws if they could fix dilution. It's not as if a many excellent ideas haven't been generated by a number of forum contributors. Yet again completely illogical to not tap in to the expert knowledge on this forum...
    Yeah it's pretty bad. I've mentioned this is a few times so you may have seen me gripe but I had hoarded a ton of heroics and saved up 700 cp for when Juggs went into tokens thinking that I had a shot to get him covered and champed or close to it. Out of like 88 heroics I got one Juggs as a bonus hero and from pulling classics I didn't get a single Juggs or bonus hero from that. I actually got like three or four Spider Woman covers in that haul for some odd reason. Latest 12 wasn't perfect but at least I could get the latest ones covered a lot quicker. I'd like to see a modified latest 12 system like latest 8 plus 4 to 8 characters that each player can choose to focus on and then the rest essentially get vaulted by the player until they change out their characters.
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    So last season I gave the Dev team props for having the season end with a boss event.  

Now this season we will have have the season end, a PVE end AND it is a new release at the same time. Why?  Why is this still a thing?   Why can’t this be avoided?  @IceIX @Brigby
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    So last season I gave the Dev team props for having the season end with a boss event.  

Now this season we will have have the season end, a PVE end AND it is a new release at the same time. Why?  Why is this still a thing?   Why can’t this be avoided?  @IceIX @Brigby
    Because they're probably scheduling stuff for anniversary.
    This is the one time of year where you have to give them a pass - you can't move anniversary.
  • bluewolf
    edited September 2019
    The devs said that the new character release got pushed back a week due to finishing up work on Gwen Prix. Could also be why they ran EotS. (7 days are half the work for them, so running one means more time to focus on the new content.). Maybe they originally planned to run Basilica at the end of the season and switched it around.....

However, it's also likely that are trying to make things sync up with Anniversary to some extent.

That said, the concern of "PVE and PVP end at the same time" is really only a concern for the very best alliances who are trying to create the most optimal combination of scores through player shuffling to secure T1/2/10 placement.  Is it important to them?  Absolutely.  Do I think the devs put any thought into how their event schedule impacts how easy it is to maximize rewards for these top alliances?  No...
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    side note:
    she hulks pve is frustrating as hell. 
    nothing new, nothing unexpected. 

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Red Hulk is awesome against her.

Changing the board colour to other colours help too. 

I did see a wall of R4G and Gamora in the PvP which was great because they are worth the most amount of point. 
  • shardwick
    ammenell said:
    side note:

You know what's fun? When you're using MEHulk and you finally get enough purple to gamma bomb them into another dimension but then she drains it all away on the very next turn.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2019
    Main Event and Rogue boosted are actually working pretty well against these Bishop/Jessica teams I’m seeing in the Rock3t pvp. Go in with 2 green, get the first green match you can, then chase whatever color you siphon to hit bishop for 37k damage. If you do hit him too much, Rocket tends to burn the blue off for you.
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    shardwick said:
    ammenell said:
    side note:

You know what's fun? When you're using MEHulk and you finally get enough purple to gamma bomb them into another dimension but then she drains it all away on the very next turn.
    Also fun; the only times I fired her green and it killed the pool I wanted it to, was when the enemy literally only had two ap pools.  But, the enemy shulk had a 90% success rate of ruining my ap..