MPQ Sneak Peek: September 2019 Edition *Updated (9/24/19)

Comments

• turianbrandy
    turianbrandy Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    zodiac339 said:
    Is this another 5*? Another? Please, really, stop already. Just skip a full release instead. Or do a bigger champion update for the 4*s so we can somewhat reliably get the 5*s instead of rushing them in and out of Latest and into the growing glut of Classic.
    Yeah, all this going on is increasing my fatigue for the game. I know it's a never ending rush to the top, but jeez, would it hurt the devs to create bigger windows for release? 
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Concerning my previous post, yeah, I’d definitely like a six week schedule of 4*/5*/no release. That would be much better. Put some competition for a support or previously released costumes in the third slot.
  • RickOShay
    RickOShay Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    shardwick said:
    JHawkInc said:
    Wild guess? They're delaying the release a week, because they've been following a 5/4/4/5/4 pattern, and we're due another 4 next, then a 5, and if they wait a week, that 5 will release with Anniversary.
    Even wilder guess... 5* limited Stan Lee that's only available during Anniversary.
    Don't even put that idea out for a dev to see..
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    zodiac339 said:
    Is this another 5*? Another? Please, really, stop already. Just skip a full release instead. Or do a bigger champion update for the 4*s so we can somewhat reliably get the 5*s instead of rushing them in and out of Latest and into the growing glut of Classic.
    I do agree that I would prefer to keep the release as 4,4,5,4,4,5 instead of the 4,4,5,4,5 model.

With the new release for 5* going into packs it will be 4 weeks from today then 5 weeks after that for the next 5* instead of 6 weeks between 5* going into packs.

if they are going to continue to release 4,4,5,4,5 I would rather release characters every 3 weeks instead of every 2
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    RickOShay said:
    shardwick said:
    JHawkInc said:
    Wild guess? They're delaying the release a week, because they've been following a 5/4/4/5/4 pattern, and we're due another 4 next, then a 5, and if they wait a week, that 5 will release with Anniversary.
    Even wilder guess... 5* limited Stan Lee that's only available during Anniversary.
    Don't even put that idea out for a dev to see..
    That was my more benign idea too. I originally was going to say that he would only be available in 40 packs or a special Anniversary store worth 50 cp a pull. Luckily devs don't read the forum outside of bug posts. :) Hey, does anyone else feel like they're being watched?
  • Feliz
    Feliz Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    Yes please hear hear for a week or 2 more between releases :) 
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,237 Chairperson of the Boards
    JHawkInc said:
    Another reason to skip a week, possibly, is to push back the next 5 (whenever they come) since, as we now know, they considered the P$ CP store to be the official store that determined when he dropped in Latests.  But he was "released" a week before that.  So, however the next 5 is released, pushing them back gives the current group a little more time (maybe P$ would be most impacted).

Also, also....sometimes the Anniversary and its short season (and the preceding extended off season) throws off their schedule in terms of new character -> qualifying to be in tokens, and waiting for a very long time for a new 4 to be in packs, etc.  And maybe they are trying to plan around that.  Maybe.

Finally..... the 445445 pattern ended in 2018.  There is no sign they will go back to it, nor do I think they should, as the 4 tier is immense already.  It doesn't need to keep getting stuffed with more characters at the old rate.  As I and others have said, an 4/5/skip pattern would be better, but who knows what they intend to do.
  • wymtime
    @Brigby when are we going to find out which 5* is essential in the new story event?
  • bluewolf
    wymtime said:
    @Brigby when are we going to find out which 5* is essential in the new story event?
    I’m not sure which new event you mean exactly. The Battle for Basilica has no 5E, as it’s an alliance event. 

Hopefully we can find out details about the event following soon.....Iceman should be the next 5E unless they are going to make it Profe$$or. 
  • wymtime
    bluewolf said:
    wymtime said:
    I’m not sure which new event you mean exactly. The Battle for Basilica has no 5E, as it’s an alliance event. 

Hopefully we can find out details about the event following soon.....Iceman should be the next 5E unless they are going to make it Profe$$or. 
    Thanks.  You would think that after 5 years of playing this game I would recognize the boss events
  • bluewolf
    edited September 2019
    It is only the second run of this event.....

So not recognizing it is understandable.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,308 Site Admin
    Updated all areas of the Sneak Peek. New Character (???) looks cool.
  • St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 587 Critical Contributor
    Hey @IceIX, thanks for update, but I think I see some copy pasta errors. The Hunts starts on the 15th but next event is the 19th so I reckon the Hunt is the 4 day version. Also the required set for Meet R&G is the same as for the Hunt. Looks like it should be Juggernaut, Elektra and Bullseye and a 5 star possibly the Prof?
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    So Iceman 5-star essential, then Loki, presumably followed by another Classic 5 like normal, THEN we get three Latest, and it won't be until then that Professor X has a chance of showing up for the first time. So thanks for that.

Of course, it's not Loki's turn yet anyways (looks like he's jumping ahead four spots from where we'd expect him, of course, that's an "unofficial" list from figuring out the pattern ourselves, since it's apparently against the rules for the devs to talk about that pattern, even though they've followed it for 99% of events for the past two years...)
  • Feliz
    Feliz Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    No offence to brigby, but Ice gives better updates ;)
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,308 Site Admin
    Hey @IceIX, thanks for update, but I think I see some copy pasta errors. The Hunts starts on the 15th but next event is the 19th so I reckon the Hunt is the 4 day version. Also the required set for Meet R&G is the same as for the Hunt. Looks like it should be Juggernaut, Elektra and Bullseye and a 5 star possibly the Prof?
    The Hunt was a typo, but not actually mine! We have an Event Planner and an Event Calendar amongst other things. I usually work off the planner since it has all the verbose info on featured characters, rewards, etc. The planner looks to actually have the typo on it, but everywhere else it's correct. So yeah, I copied incorrect information and didn't double check it. Fixed! :)

And yeah, totally my oops on the Essentials for Meet R&G. Also fixed!
  • abenness
    abenness Posts: 228 Tile Toppler
    JHawkInc said:
    So Iceman 5-star essential, then Loki, presumably followed by another Classic 5 like normal, THEN we get three Latest, and it won't be until then that Professor X has a chance of showing up for the first time. So thanks for that.

Of course, it's not Loki's turn yet anyways (looks like he's jumping ahead four spots from where we'd expect him, of course, that's an "unofficial" list from figuring out the pattern ourselves, since it's apparently against the rules for the devs to talk about that pattern, even though they've followed it for 99% of events for the past two years...)
    Honor Among Thieves 19/11/2018 Loki LL
    Enemy of the State 22/11/2018 Black Bolt
    Deadpool vs MPQ 02/12/2018 Green Goblin
    Venom Bomb 06/12/2018 Cable LL
    Webbed Wonder 10/12/2018 Kitty Pryde LL
    Sinister 600 13/12/2018 Doctor Octopus 5* rework?
    Strange Sights 17/12/2018 Loki LL
    Hearts of Darkness 20/12/2018 Thor
    The Hunt 24/12/2018 Archangel
    Prodigal Sun 27/12/2018 Star Lord

Loki's "last" appearance as Latest was after Doc Ock, but I think that appearance of Doc Ock was itself out of order.

But nothing puts him next to Wasp apart from LL order.  Maybe the next classics we see will be a run of Loki, Kitty, Cable, Kingpin, Doom, Marvel, Hela ?  Anything that gives me more time to collect my unrostered 5's is fine by me.

• JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    abenness said:
    JHawkInc said:

Honor Among Thieves 19/11/2018 Loki LL
    Enemy of the State 22/11/2018 Black Bolt
    Deadpool vs MPQ 02/12/2018 Green Goblin
    Venom Bomb 06/12/2018 Cable LL
    Webbed Wonder 10/12/2018 Kitty Pryde LL
    Sinister 600 13/12/2018 Doctor Octopus 5* rework?
    Strange Sights 17/12/2018 Loki LL
    Hearts of Darkness 20/12/2018 Thor
    The Hunt 24/12/2018 Archangel
    Prodigal Sun 27/12/2018 Star Lord

Loki's "last" appearance as Latest was after Doc Ock, but I think that appearance of Doc Ock was itself out of order.

But nothing puts him next to Wasp apart from LL order.  Maybe the next classics we see will be a run of Loki, Kitty, Cable, Kingpin, Doom, Marvel, Hela ?  Anything that gives me more time to collect my unrostered 5's is fine by me.

Scroll back another dozen or so Essentials That cycle started mid-October. Surfer was first, Wasp had her last Latest appearance in the next trio of Latest 5's (meaning she should be in line after Surfer this time around as a Classic 5). Then Doc Ock and Thor as Classics, another Latest trio, then Black Bolt and Goblin (which is where your list starts). The Doc Ock and Thor you've got are both out of order (Ock's was in part because of Sinister 600, don't remember if that's when his rework happened; Thor's was... because his 5-star costume came out, if memory serves correct).

So the Classic cycle was Surfer, Doc Ock, Thor, Black Bolt, Green Goblin, Archangel, Star-Lord, where we would expect Wasp to join after Surfer (she did), and Loki to join after Goblin (and for some reason Loki actually skipped four spots in line instead).

No idea why. You're right in that only Latest order puts Wasp/Loki together (which just draws attention to them being adjacent in Classic 5 order, because that's not how they've done it for the past two years at this) Running all of the Latest from the last cycle as Classics this time in order could be interesting (going Wasp->Loki->Kitty->Cable->etc just like the release order), but then why start with Surfer a few weeks ago instead of skipping him entirely? Maybe the slight delay would put the (more popular) Thor and Black Bolt as classic 5's during Anniversary?

No idea. But I am curious, since (despite how close to the vest the devs keep their schedule) the devs are creatures of habit and can be broadly mapped out months ahead on this suff
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,570 Chairperson of the Boards
    What did Black Cat do to get ignored? You are literally throwing BC covers at us again in the Boss Event and yet she isn't even a ST character?
  • bluewolf
    Juggernaut and Ronin for shield training is a joke. Juggs has only been in tokens for a couple of weeks and Ronin a couple of months more. Real kick in the teeth dev team 😭
    Ronin was essential for ST in June already.  I think it's worth noting that as far as "being in tokens", it's almost inconsequential unless a player bonuses someone.  Your best shot at getting covers for someone new is playing hard around their release and the 3-ish PVEs they are rewarded after that before shuffling into Vintage Limbo.  I guess the best thing to do for many players is to save tokens during the season and bonus the new person as they enter tokens to get 10 covers - presuming the goal is to get the "free" cover from ST.

Juggernaut is harder to stomach, of course. Sabretooth was already essential for Juggernaut, so he was out.  But......Black Cat hasn't been yet, and may indeed never be a Shield Training essential at this rate.  Or maybe they'll throw her in for the the next one.  I'm not sure a discernible pattern exists at this point.

As far as Loki being early in the 5E cycle.....it could be a mistake.  The cycle will be almost a year this time.  And having so many 5's in Classics means you basically have that person or not by the time they show up, so maybe the order isn't all that important other than for players who might be saving CP to buy a cheap(er) cover.